Remove this Banner Ad

Steele Sidebottom
Scott Pendlebury - A-grade / Cotch
Dayne Beams - A-grade if he stays fit / Dusty
Adam Treloar - A-grade / Lambert
Jordan De Goey - not really a mid / Caddy
Will Hoskin-Elliott - not really a mid / Rioli
Travis Varcoe - B-grade at best and 31 next year / Grigg
Daniel Wells - B-grade at best / Edwards (not saying Sheds is B at best)
Jaidyn Stephenson - B-grade and rising / Higgins
Taylor Adams - A-grade / Prestia
Crisp - B-grade / KMac

is a pretty strong midfield

WCE, Dees and the Giants are impressive too

Mcintosh and Graham are going to need to continue to improve. Grigg needs to be replaced. The people saying Richmond are one high quality mid short might be right.
Their midfield is strong but every time I see these names listed I can’t help but feel they’re being overrated on the basis of certain names. My view of each is above and players of ours listed next to them for some point of comparison.

Wells is cooked and hasn’t played consistent football for years.

Varcoe is 31 this year and isn’t super-impactful on a consistent basis.

Our midfield compares very well to theirs with the exception of one (big) thing. Grundy vs. the Nank.

That’s about the only difference for mine.

Their midfield is strong but every time I see these names listed I can’t help but feel they’re being overrated on the basis of certain names. My view of each is above and players of ours listed next to them for some point of comparison.

Wells is cooked and hasn’t played consistent football for years.

Varcoe is 31 this year and isn’t super-impactful on a consistent basis.

Our midfield compares very well to theirs with the exception of one (big) thing. Grundy vs. the Nank.

That’s about the only difference for mine.
Big cox up forward is a legitimate threat for any oppo when he fires...

Callum is not the only player who missed goals at times.
I just felt we needed an extra tall forward in the preliminary final.
They played a short forward line and got done.
Brandon Ellis is an important player too.
His story of being ashamed to live in the public housing seemed to inspire the team.
Even Dimma mentioned it.

Callum is not the only player who missed goals at times.
I just felt we needed an extra tall forward in the preliminary final.
They played a short forward line and got done.
Brandon Ellis is an important player too.
His story of being ashamed to live in the public housing seemed to inspire the team.
Even Dimma mentioned it.
We could've played 100 tall forwards in that match and we still would've been 54 down, we had a s**t game, move on but by the way you keep crapping on about it it seems you haven't.
And for someone who claims they hate Collingwood so much, you do like talking about them a lot, you are sounding like a broken record going on and on and on about them and the prelim.
If i didn't know any better i think this board has developed an obsession for Collingwood in the way they are brought up all the time, and we have the nerve to poke fun at other teams fans when they obsess over us.

Oh and that poster who said we would thrash the pies in the prelim..that was me, what of it.

Rant ******* over.

Our backilne is the best
Our Foward line is also the best

All Richmond need is 2-3 players to have breakout years and we will be extremely difficult to beat , We have a number of players that have been at the club for 2 pre seasons plus that could have an impact in 2019

Balta , CCJ , Moore , Menadue , Bolton , Garthwaite and even Naish could bob up then we have the new boys that all look awesome Rcd , Ross , English ,Aarts anyone of them could do a Stephenson / Higgins

Our backilne is the best

All Richmond need is 2-3 players to have breakout years and we will be extremely difficult to beat , We have a number of players that have been at the club for 2 pre seasons plus that could have an impact in 2019

Balta , CCJ , Moore , Menadue , Bolton , Garthwaite and even Naish could bob up then we have the new boys that all look awesome Rcd , Ross , English ,Aarts anyone of them could do a Stephenson / Higgins
Don't forget Weller!!!

We could've played 100 tall forwards in that match and we still would've been 54 down, we had a s**t game, move on but by the way you keep crapping on about it it seems you haven't.
And for someone who claims they hate Collingwood so much, you do like talking about them a lot, you are sounding like a broken record going on and on and on about them and the prelim.
If i didn't know any better i think this board has developed an obsession for Collingwood in the way they are brought up all the time, and we have the nerve to poke fun at other teams fans when they obsess over us.
but they have injuries

Our backilne is the best

gonna go 24-0 and loose to carlspoon in the grand final

Big cox up forward is a legitimate threat for any oppo when he fires...
That’s true, but he seems to fire only for us. That’s why I thought he was our biggest problem.

Next time we play Collingwood we need to swarm on him and pressure him hard so that he fumbles when trying to mark. He’s the first we need to keep an eye out for in defence - even more than De Goey.

Oh and that poster who said we would thrash the pies in the prelim..that was me, what of it.

Rant ******* over.
It’s largely just talk about some strategies we can employ moving forward and identifying what we have done wrong in order to do that. Collingwood was our opponent so what strategies they used to defeat us would be relevant to that conversation. No need to be hostile towards the poster.

Our backilne is the best

We were already difficult to beat in 2018 despite being very wasteful with opportunities.

Adding one of the best KPFs in the competition, continuing our good form with injuries and having a couple of breakout players (as you said) may lead us to to become a powerhouse in 2019.

I think we’ll be Minor Premiers again to be honest, but a better version of 2018 now that we are theoretically able to capitalise on inside 50s more than last year with Lynch on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think next year it will be about how opposition teams are going to stop us. in the prelim, they had 2-3 players on jack. won't be able to do that this year. how dangerous would our forward line be with dusty, jack and tom rotating in the square, with our smalls crumbling any loose balls that should be generated.

When you're 6'10" you're gonna clunk some marks. The problem with cox is he is a spud when it comes to everything else so he has to be within 35m of goal to be dangerous.

We should have dragged him up field or told someone to fill the hole in front of him and take the hit to hopefully win a free for in the back. We didn't and we got shat on.

I dare say the prelim will have been on repeat a few times over the off season for us too.
There are only two ways to beat Mason, put someone in front of him or do as West Coast did and body him before he can jump. We did neither and it was appalling coaching or on field player tactics.

If you let someone 210cm with enormous arms run and jump at the football freely no defender is stopping him reaching from behind.

It’s largely just talk about some strategies we can employ moving forward and identifying what we have done wrong in order to do that. Collingwood was our opponent so what strategies they used to defeat us would be relevant to that conversation. No need to be hostile towards the poster.
Your right and i did, had a s**t day and more talk about those flogs sent me into vent town.

My apologies RFCGloryJC

Cotchin, Riewoldt and co out for coffee on Swan st. Jack looks lean - more running for 2019?
Makes sense. With Lynch coming off a knee injury you'd expect him to play closer to goal. At least for the first part of the season.

Jack could very well play a Tom Lynch (Crows) role for us..... ironically. The other Tom Lynch will be the prominent key forward.

The luxury we now have is that we can go with this, or just play 2 keys depending on what we need. Flexibility is a good thing.
please dont mention the other tom lynch in the same sentance as our lynch and jr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back