Training Pre Season 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I did a simulated match committee with Damian, Neil B, Blake, Leppa, Mini and Kingsley last Wednesday . I had to sell them my Round 1 side, assuming all available.

Backs were;
Grimes, Astbury, Rance, Short, Broad, Vlastuin.

Mids and Ruck were;
Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Edwards, Lambert, Nankervis

Forwards were;
Lynch, Riewoldt, Rioli, Butler, Higgins, Caddy

Bench was;
McIntosh, Graham, Houli, Ross

If you think Ellis is in, then the only sub I can see possible is with Ross. Garthwaite is still in rehab and I can’t see him taking anyone’s defensive spot in Round 1. If you think Weller will be playing a few games, then I struggle to see it immediately. He’s a depth player.

Was quite a challenge to look our coaches in the eye and discuss. And it’s not easy, which is a good thing!

Haere Ra
Nice side but ill have a shot at picking a weakness , No 2nd Ruck and without Grigg who gives Nank a break ....... Lynch ?? not with that knee you wouldnt risk it.

I would go
Out: Ross
In: Balta

I did a simulated match committee with Damian, Neil B, Blake, Leppa, Mini and Kingsley last Wednesday . I had to sell them my Round 1 side, assuming all available.

Backs were;

Mids and Ruck were;

Forwards were;

Bench was;

If you think Ellis is in, then the only sub I can see possible is with Ross. Garthwaite is still in rehab and I can’t see him taking anyone’s defensive spot in Round 1. If you think Weller will be playing a few games, then I struggle to see it immediately. He’s a depth player.

Was quite a challenge to look our coaches in the eye and discuss. And it’s not easy, which is a good thing!

Haere Ra
You did a great job, don't worry :)

I do have one question though, how is Balta going? I really want us to go with a three-pronged forward line with Riewoldt, Lynch and Balta to increase our height so I wanted to know how he is tracking. Balta could be our back up ruck to Nankervis as well so that Lynch can focus being our tall forward.

Backs were;

Mids and Ruck were;

Forwards were;

Bench was;

Haere Ra

Thanks for sharing mate, Ross must look the goods which is exciting! Could you share your thoughts on whether you think Lynch will be available for round one? Obviously you can’t know for sure but what does your gut tell you?
Also would love to know if Balta is training with the forwards or backs?

You did a great job, don't worry :)

I do have one question though, how is Balta going? I really want us to go with a three-pronged forward line with Riewoldt, Lynch and Balta to increase our height so I wanted to know how he is tracking. Balta could be our back up ruck to Nankervis as well so that Lynch can focus being our tall forward.
Noah was training as a swingman working both forward and back in 6x6, but worked predominantly with the backs. Didn't stand out overly to me.

Haere Ra

Noah was training as a swingman working both forward and back in 6x6, but worked predominantly with the backs. Didn't stand out overly to me.

Haere Ra
Man, not what I wanted to hear :( But I understand. He is only in his second year so he may still need some time.

About the swingman thing, when watching him in the VFL last year, I didn't really like him in the backline. Thought he was too exposed. However, I really liked him in the middle/forward line where he used his size and height well. Hope they groom him as our 3rd forward as he would be a huge weapon for us if he gets up and starts firing alongside Lynch and Riewoldt.

I heard Balta was getting mildly frustrated that he wasn't near an AFL selection last year - source is very solid but not sure if he was just winding me up or not.

I hope there is no truth to this because the would make re-signing him a bit tricky.

I heard Balta was getting mildly frustrated that he wasn't near an AFL selection last year - source is very solid but not sure if he was just winding me up or not.

I hope there is no truth to this because the would make re-signing him a bit tricky.
If he’s after lots of games. Should look at another club. Houli and Griggs spots are up for discussion, but Baltas got healthy competition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta should go talk to Lambert for some perspective.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I was bored and watched our 2018 JLT match against lol Norf...Cal Moore looked the goods in that game

Kicked a few, took good grabs, ran his guts out

Unlikely there is a spot for him in the F50 so he Needs to develop other aspects of his game ie his defensive work to have a future with us...I doubt he has much value as a 2nd ruck..too slight

He has a high opinion of himself so could be a bit of truth in the rumour.

That's not very Richmond Man like if so.

Haere Ra

That's not very Richmond Man like if so.

Haere Ra
We'll find out against the pies when all our senior KP,s go down with gastro.
If Balta still misses then there is some truth to it.

Man, not what I wanted to hear :( But I understand. He is only in his second year so he may still need some time.

About the swingman thing, when watching him in the VFL last year, I didn't really like him in the backline. Thought he was too exposed. However, I really liked him in the middle/forward line where he used his size and height well. Hope they groom him as our 3rd forward as he would be a huge weapon for us if he gets up and starts firing alongside Lynch and Riewoldt.

Him on Griggs wing/2nd ruck would be tasty ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back