Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
Most clubs are now back at training and the ability to get WAFL information is fairly difficult, so if you have any info like players training with your club, pre-Xmas BBQs, functions, anything you like, post it in here.

To start with, I have nothing, except I saw Matt Rogers training at Basso last Sunday, on his own......

Hopefully you lot are more informed than I am at present. :p

If anyone knows of any metro based training that welcomes all-sorts, keen to hear more!

Didn't think you'd be too happy! I feel for you, seems like a pretty dog move after all that the Swans did for him!

From what I understand, he has some sort of mentoring role in the Wanneroo area and plans on living up that way. I think his decision was based purely on logistics. We're more than happy to have him. He is a jet and will fill Hutchys role and some.

Yeah that's how I understand it as well. Mind you I can still see why there would be plenty of Swans fans who are abit dirty on Krakouer given what the club did for him
He wanted to play for Swans and was set to play with them. Unfortunately they are in a bit of a hole and need the $30k transfer more.

West Perth were his 5th option. After Swans said thanks but no thanks he spoke with his old coach Dawson but EP can't recruit non 1 point players. Then went to his old mans club but Claremont said they are focusing on rebuilding and promoting from within. Subiaco then said no thanks because they couldn't fit him in the points so West Perth were his next option.

He wanted to play for Swans and was set to play with them. Unfortunately they are in a bit of a hole and need the $30k transfer more.

West Perth were his 5th option. After Swans said thanks but no thanks he spoke with his old coach Dawson but EP can't recruit non 1 point players. Then went to his old mans club but Claremont said they are focusing on rebuilding and promoting from within. Subiaco then said no thanks because they couldn't fit him in the points so West Perth were his next option.

Interesting, thanks Barney44 :thumbsu:. I was initially dirty but there have been far more tumultuous things happening to take my mind off it. :p

- Cale Morton has joined his brothers, Mitch and Jarryd in signing at Perth. Gerald Ugle has also come back to the Demons after two seasons with GWS.
- Subiaco have signed Frank Stockley from West Perth, who was starved of opportunity at the Falcons having spent most of his four seasons there in the reserves.
- Shaun Hildebrandt and Wayde Toomey have switched to Subiaco from Swan Districts. Swans also struggling very badly financially too I've also heard.
- Jamie McNamara returns to East Fremantle after spending two seasons in the VFL. Brock O'Brien, Adam Waight and Cameron Eardley have re-signed with the Sharks. Bradd Dalziell joins East Fremantle full-time after being delisted by West Coast.
- Tim and James Bristow also join the Sharks from interstate.

OK, so Sellar and Pullman (what is happening at Swans?) have joined South Freo, whilst they have also retained Hams, Schloithe and Verrier after being delisted from AFL clubs.

OK, so Sellar and Pullman (what is happening at Swans?) have joined South Freo, whilst they have also retained Hams, Schloithe and Verrier after being delisted from AFL clubs.
Shame, Josh Pullman would be a great fit for the side alongside Notte and Geappen.

I guess we're going to have to put faith in Blakely and Cary...

I wish Marcus Adams didn't go to West Perth.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Matty Jukes even though he's not a tall. Great hands though.

Shame, Josh Pullman would be a great fit for the side alongside Notte and Geappen.

I guess we're going to have to put faith in Blakely and Cary...

I wish Marcus Adams didn't go to West Perth.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Matty Jukes even though he's not a tall. Great hands though.
Further to this...what the * is this rumour about Geappen leaving to play down south!?!

swannies Spearhead any info? I read this on OzFooty. A fairly well respected Swans fan confirmed that he's only a slim chance of staying despite him training with us.

Having said that, I don't blame players for leaving, we're an off-field basket case. But I want to know more.

- Brendon Jones' retirement didn't last too long, he's signed a one-year deal with Peel to play in 2014.
- Craig Wulff has also signed on for another season at East Perth.
- Delisted St. Kilda player Tom Ledger has signed with old club Claremont after spending three seasons with the Saints.
- Matt Orzel returns to Claremont after playing two seasons at Peel, including finishing runner-up in Peel's 2012 Best and Fairest count.
- Claremont have also signed Alex Elisseou (from West Perth), Bernard Sneeuwjagt (Perth) and Corey Yeo (brother of West Coast player Elliot Yeo).
- Former Port Adelaide defender Nathan Blee has returned to East Perth after playing six games in two seasons with the Power.
- Subiaco captain Aidan Parker has elected to retire after 231 games with the Lions. A replacement captain is expected to be announced soon.
- Kyle Hams and Brett Robinson have left Swan Districts to play in the South West Football League.
- Kyle Reimers has left Perth after just one season and has returned to Victoria.
- Perth has also signed retired Claremont ruckman Andrew Ruck and also Kade Lang on for coaching roles at the Demons in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got nothing Underdog but have pencilled in a visit to the AGM to see what is going on.

I got nothing Underdog but have pencilled in a visit to the AGM to see what is going on.

Can you find out if Swans are actually going to be able to field a senior and a reserves side? So far there's been plenty of outs but no ins mentioned yet!

- East Perth has suffered a multitude of losses. Matt Seal has left the club and will play with amateur side Wembley. Aaron Sweet, Ryan Maldenis and Jacob Derickx have all headed interstate while Rowan Brookes is currently training with Perth. The Royals have also lost Brock Higgins who has signed with South Fremantle.
- In more losses for the 2013 runners-up, Danny Chartres has left to play with East Fremantle along with Boston Williamson while youngster Shaquille MacKenzie will play with the NT Thunder in the NEAFL.
- Former Port Adelaide forward Marlon Motlop has left Peel.
- Tim Geappen will reportedly decide in the next week whether to play on at Swan Districts. Brett Robinson is also reconsidering his position (said earlier he was leaving but not official yet).
- Claremont's Jesse Laurie is also considering a move to Melbourne.
- Andrew Krakouer has sensationally quite West Perth citing a "once in a lifetime" chance to move into the mining industry to further his career.

Last edited:
Pre-Season Fixtures

Round One

Fri 28 Feb: East Perth vs West Perth at Medibank Stadium (7pm)
Fri 28 Feb: Swan Districts vs Perth at Steel Blue Oval (7pm, League only)
Sat 1 Mar: East Fremantle vs Subiaco at East Fremantle Oval (2:05pm)
Bye: Peel, South Fremantle, Claremont

Round Two

Sat 8 Mar: Swan Districts vs East Perth at Steel Blue Oval (2:05pm)
Sat 8 Mar: Peel vs Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium (2:05pm)
Sat 8 Mar: Subiaco vs West Perth at Medibank Stadium (4pm)**
Sat 8 Mar: South Fremantle vs Claremont at Fremantle Oval (6:30pm)
Bye: East Fremantle

**West Perth Colts and East Fremantle Colts play each other on Sat 8 Mar as Subiaco Colts won't be playing. Game is at East Fremantle Oval starting at 9am)

Round Three

Sat 15 Mar: Peel Thunder vs South Fremantle at Bendigo Bank Stadium (2:10pm)
Sat 15 Mar: Perth vs East Fremantle at Brownes Stadium (2:05pm)
Bye: Claremont, East Perth, Subiaco, Swan Districts, West Perth

Can you find out if Swans are actually going to be able to field a senior and a reserves side? So far there's been plenty of outs but no ins mentioned yet!
Watched them last night and whilst expecting to finish near bottom, liked what I saw.;)

Don't get to excited Swannies That was Perths Reserves side, the league side was sitting in the stands.
Precisely my point Demons, when I said I recognised no names from Perth's team, except Clem Smith. I'm excited about the fact that we might actually be better than I thought we'd be, not that we'd finish top 4 or anything like that. ;)

Pre-Season Round 1 Results

East Perth 1.5 (11) lost to West Perth 7.6 (48)
East Fremantle 11.9 (75) defeated Subiaco 7.8 (50)
Swan Districts 126 defeated Perth 45

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I was wondering where I would might be able to find the results for rounds 2 & 3 of the WAFL pre-season. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back