Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love for Sumner to justify his draft selection at #10 and show why he was taken so early.
For Cunningham to step up this year would show that the CFC has the ability to develop kids and that we are able to now select talent beyond the top 10 in the first round.
My opinion is that both players need to be able to find the ball a lot more and rack up possessions to become regulars, as I believe this is where they both currently are lacking.
I know that's a little harsh on Cunningham as he did show glimpses in the 3 games he played and in 2016.
For Sumner I think it's about an uninterrupted preseason and finding him the position he is best suited to allowing him the ability to show just how high this kids ceiling is.
For both to come on this season would be huge in terms of the rebuild as it would mean the recruiting is becoming consistent and improving.
Yes I agree 100%, the ability to accumulate possessions is where I have doubts over both of them. Sumner has been around a while but has never really had a good run at it and Cuningham is only entering his second year, however neither has been able to gather enough of the ball. They are the types that won't need as many possessions as others to have an impact, it would be a major boost to our rebuild if guys like this can come on as they do have weapons.

I hate to say it, but I can see him playing in the same vein as young Daniher.......

Joey D is going to be a gun, but I'm seeing a different kinda of beast in McKay. IMO has way better agility and looks like he has him covered for speed.
They are both left footers, but McKay has a very smooth simple kicking technique, this is one of the things that may set Harry apart from other forward his size, pretty rare to find players 200cm+ with good foot skills.

'zactly. So when the club saw that Sav was getting results, why did they give him a year off?

Wasn't he brought in by Mick originally? Could have stepped away himself.

'zactly. So when the club saw that Sav was getting results, why did they give him a year off?
Study trip to France?

Seems to be a thing

Joey D is going to be a gun, but I'm seeing a different kinda of beast in McKay. IMO has way better agility and looks like he has him covered for speed.
They are both left footers, but McKay has a very smooth simple kicking technique, this is one of the things that may set Harry apart from other forward his size, pretty rare to find players 200cm+ with good foot skills.

Does he have the drive of Joey D???

I am a fan but I'm concerned he thinks he is already there...

These young bucks need a swift kick and fast, time to put your body on the line for the others in your team, senior players are continuously spraying them and the coaches have concerns...

Marchbank leading that pack!

Think it was the cashito.

The club was running on fumes last year .

Doubt it.

Anyhow, if a bloke like Casboult needs a weekly caddy.......I'd cut my losses and wish him all the best.

Just has too many flaws in all aspects of his game.

Good call.

Sumner is such an unknown commodity. He could still be the best of the lot from the GWS trade in 2015.....

Picked at 10, check out the names he went ahead of: Greene, Docherty, Devon Smith, Bootsma.......

He also comes across as a likeable character, which counts.

Sumo as they call him....as we have seen is extremely quick...he is looking a lot lot leaner this year at training.i also would be happy for him to cement a spot in the 22 this year.Dont forget Plowman who also is looking in good nic this year who also struggled with fitness last year,he will cement his spot in defence and dominate with his run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree 100%, the ability to accumulate possessions is where I have doubts over both of them. Sumner has been around a while but has never really had a good run at it and Cuningham is only entering his second year, however neither has been able to gather enough of the ball. They are the types that won't need as many possessions as others to have an impact, it would be a major boost to our rebuild if guys like this can come on as they do have weapons.
All they need is to average 19-21 touches I reckon. They dont need to average 25+ like others but get the ball a bit more than they currently are and use their talent to better our team

These young bucks need a swift kick and fast, time to put your body on the line for the others in your team, senior players are continuously spraying them and the coaches have concerns...

Time to put your body on the line for your team ??? It's pre season.
Unless you have some very much insider info, I'm not sure how you could know senior players and coaches are paying out on any of our young players.

By Marchbank leading the pack, do you mean the most to be concerned about or ahead of other young players.

I do see a lot of confidence in McKay, but IMO that's a good thing and something I think all gun young forwards need to have in there DNA, we've seen what happens when young players lack self confidences see Matthew Watson.

Doubt it.

Anyhow, if a bloke like Casboult needs a weekly caddy.......I'd cut my losses and wish him all the best.

Just has too many flaws in all aspects of his game.

Just such a one dimensional player, he is a beast at contested marking, but offers very little to nothing in general play.
The worst aspect of his game IMO is the effect he is having on the team moral on field, you can almost feel the players frustration when he's having a bad night and missing shots at goal from 15 meters out.
I'd love to see him turn it all around and become a really solid set shot for goal, it just seems very unlikely.

With so many talented players across the AFL not just the CFC, we can pick up talented footballers and make them look ordinary or label them as not fulfilling their potential.
The reason being is that sometimes they are not part of a balanced side and often played out of position as a suitable spot on the ground isn't played consistently or due to the role they are required to play, they simply are not able to develop or play to their strengths.
This is similar to a 200cm ruckman like Kruezer, not big enough to play ruck and not really having the skill set required to play as a KPF, but good enough to be part of the starting line up.
So the footballing journey for players that we consider as talented gets cut short, but if part of another team they play to a high level consistently and never look back.
Hopefully this isn't the case for some of the players we are waiting on to take the next step.

You've got to stop responding to that darthbards idiot on the main board, he just sounds like a sad, lonely moron (although at least you could see a little bit of passion in his enjoyment in s**t stirring Carlton supporters in the uncool player thread, which although annoying does show a little personality). If you are on the main board just accept whatever thread is created he will 100% type negative Carlton s**t, he is absolutely obsessed. don't feed trolls.
There's so many reasons I can't wait for us to be a dominant team again, and giving asshats on the main board s**t again is unashamedly one of them...

Who thinks they are already there? McKay? Or Joe D?

Interesting... Thanks goreds for the inside tidbits as usual.

I'm concerned if the coaches are concerned! Good that the senior players are setting the standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back