Training Training Reports, Pics 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Stripping 10kg of the frame should help with the fitness.
Some time ago I posted that I seriously expect Jones and/or Jaksch to elevate like never before. Both are gifted enough to be
influential AFL players.

Jones needed to build his aerobic capabilities, while Jaksch needs strength and increased focus.

If Jones has shedded kgs, he is putting in the ultimate effort to stave off his football mortality, there may need
to be a major think of who is done come season's end? Good on him....but.....doesn't speak well for dedication earlier though.

Training gallery 9th December .......

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/gallery/2016-12-09/training-december-9

481234-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

481209-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

481239-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

481194-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

481202-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Have to say it's pretty disappointing that the training sessions are all closed. I remember the good old days when I used to watch the blues Tuesday and Thursday nights with the likes of Kernahan Williams Braddles strut their stuff. Shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre season will be a survival trip before the season begins !...
I hope to be able to supply some info and pics from the goldie as a local to the Sharks club..
will do my best to provide some form of training description and some player info..

Can you let me know what day they train? Probably have Thurs, fri pm and sunday all day to get down

Some time ago I posted that I seriously expect Jones and/or Jaksch to elevate like never before. Both are gifted enough to be
influential AFL players.

Jones needed to build his aerobic capabilities, while Jaksch needs strength and increased focus.

If Jones has shedded kgs, he is putting in the ultimate effort to stave off his football mortality, there may need
to be a major think of who is done come season's end? Good on him....but.....doesn't speak well for dedication earlier though.

Great to see that type of support Coona Blues (and i mean that wholeheartedly). I seriously wish i could view the Carlton world like that.

On another note, please never ever ever go into AFL recruitment. :)

Great to see that type of support Coona Blues (and i mean that wholeheartedly). I seriously wish i could view the Carlton world like that.

On another note, please never ever ever go into AFL recruitment. :)
Seriously, Jones, if you had taken the time to watch in his first couple of seasons with the 'dogs, showed talent and
potential similar to Tom Lynch. Unfortunately, he seemingly believed that he had "made it" by simply getting a game.
The tired "explosive beast" quotes that appear on hear are pathetic. The bloke had videos showing his pre-season
workouts in his first year, which excited the rank and file.

He obviously does not, historically, apply the same effort to his running, preferring to lag along doing the bare
minimum. The weight loss mentioned, and the (again) positive reports leave me with a little hope that he may
finally realise his potential.

He was recruited on a lucrative contract, and has spent 2 years putting in effort on game day. Reportedly his VFL
team mates love him, and more than one kid has mentioned learning their craft from him (maybe best of bad bunch).
Unfortunately his game day effort was not matched on the track, so was found wanting at elite level, unable to muster
repeat efforts and cover the ground necessary as a modern key forward.

Would not currently have him in my best 22, but honestly, on an appropriate contract, and the digit extracted from an
aerobic prospective, I would prefer to see Jones complementing the kids from 2018 than Levi, Gorringe or Jaksch(judging on training pics)

I am not sure what "support" you are referring to BR, but any bloke putting in the effort on the track and on the park
gets my support. If you had been around a bit longer, you would have seen my unpopular posts criticising Yarran
(in particular), Menzel, Everitt and reluctantly a former favourite Jeffy long before it became popular to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back