Training Pre-season 2016/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we actually know if Prestia is injury prone?'

thing is, GC seem to have about half their list injured at any time, which tells me theres something seriously wrong with their medical processes or traning program. I highly doubt they ended up recruiting that many injury prone players.

Probably the only eligible father/son prospect next year. Expect the AFL to change the rules to 2 first rounders for next years f/s prospects. Then change it the following year.

Bailey Lambert eligible too, from memory.

Do we actually know if Prestia is injury prone?'

thing is, GC seem to have about half their list injured at any time, which tells me theres something seriously wrong with their medical processes or traning program. I highly doubt they ended up recruiting that many injury prone players.

I agree but would also think that perhaps as you suggested they haven't had a great program along with a huge amount of youngsters that have had huge loads in their earlier years playing catch up, one could use GWS and not last year but the 2 years previous from memory they also had a good amount of young talent injured..

Perhaps a combination?

Except he was spent 10 minutes before three quarter time!
In fairness so was the rest of the team as we got burnt in the last quarter.
Fwiw GD I would be interested his % game time that day to 3Qx. Maybe he just needs smaller stints in the guts until tank builds up.

I'm planning to , but I'm worried travelling that far in case DH calls it off

It's not too far out for me as I live in Lilydale.
Never been to an open training session so will be interesting. Would be cool to meet Caddy and Dusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club apparently had another 3km time trial for the first to fourth years:

Drummond won it again, Lambert ran second and McIntosh third.

Drummond really tearing it up so far...

Vlaus is nothing more than "workman" like down back, and often gets beaten due to slow first steps.

I'm really not sure why anyone is concerned with taking him out of the backline.

Players like Bach, Garth, Morris, Short, Conca etc need to worry about taking that spot.

The only reason he hasn't played in the guts is his tank. He appears to have given it specific focus which will see him begin his full-time transition.

All things considered we gain much more than we lose if he consistently plays in the guts.

His impact was immediate last year, just playing on instinct in the middle.
The bloke is a plodder with average disposal. Can't see the upside in him nor why half the people on here love him. Another wasted draft pick.

Club apparently had another 3km time trial for the first to fourth years:

Drummond won it again, Lambert ran second and McIntosh third.

Drummond really tearing it up so far...
Drummond,Rioli,McIntosh,Markov,Menadue are all extremely impressive runners/athletes and always will be in the top 10 in the next couple of years. They all have massive tanks

Drummond,Rioli,McIntosh,Markov,Menadue are all extremely impressive runners/athletes and always will be in the top 10 in the next couple of years. They all have massive tanks

That's why I'm hoping the focus on pace, x factor and endurance means we are going to go back to a 2012-13 style game plan where we run and carry, and play on at every opportunity.

No point drafting pace and endurance if they can't utilise it.

Drummond may surprise a few and line up round 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be looking at him as a potential rookie in supercoach, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back