Training Pre-season 2016/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove past PRO last week and saw Griffiths walking gingerly around the boundary line. Not sure if he had surgery recently or he has a new injury.

How can you tell he was walking gingerly if you were driving past? There's almost no spot where you can clearly see the ground when driving

How can you tell he was walking gingerly if you were driving past? There's almost no spot where you can clearly see the ground when driving
Griff has sadly walked around gingerly for most of his career.
He's the type that cracks a rib sneezing.

Lol port poer having almost exactly the same pre season as us last year. Firstly player inpey gets caught up in off feild issues. Second port call off practice game. Last ports season crash and burn
Freo has everyone covered with Bennel, Yarran and Johnson LOL

Last edited:
f0f04905a1aef0f348e422a0b63e45d9.png

Nice to see Corey Ellis doing a bit of extra work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he toughened up a bit over the last year or so. We need him to have a big pre-season. Hopefully pokets75 was just driving gingerly and Griff was walking fine.
I've had raps on him for years , but he just finds a new way of getting injured and it hampers him having a decent run.
Bloody frustrating.

I've had raps on him for years , but he just finds a new way of getting injured and it hampers him having a decent run.
Bloody frustrating.
Too true. Has all the physical attributes but mental demons get the better of him far too easily, especially when injured. A guy like Rudi Webster is exactly what he needs.

Bloody frustrating.

Sigh... its a sign of the times TI that i find myself agreeing with you more and more. Im hoping that TVs leaving and Nankervis' entry means Griff is more permanently CHF, and he can dominate. Here's to Griffs body not being paper machè in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopped in the right lane and he was on the flank about 30 metres away. It was clearly him, walking and talking with a physio/doctor/trainer/psychologist.

f0f04905a1aef0f348e422a0b63e45d9.png

Nice to see Corey Ellis doing a bit of extra work

I really hate to say something negative about one of our players, but this guy simply does not look like a professional athlete.

He's meant to be a great character and a hard worker, so let's hope our recruiters haven't made a terrible mistake in their assessment of his genetic/physical limitations.

Conca
B. Ellis (great athlete)
Vlastuin
Lennon
C. Ellis

B. Ellis is the only one who has translated his U18 ability to the AFL, in his preferred position.

Rioli, and now Shai, break the trend and suggest a realisation and change in our philosophy (I hope).

I really hate to say something negative about one of our players, but this guy simply does not look like a professional athlete.

He's meant to be a great character and a hard worker, so let's hope our recruiters haven't made a terrible mistake in their assessment of his genetic/physical limitations.

Conca
B. Ellis (great athlete)
Vlastuin
Lennon
C. Ellis

B. Ellis is the only one who has translated his U18 ability to the AFL, in his preferred position.

Rioli, and now Shai, break the trend and suggest a realisation and change in our philosophy (I hope).

At least he is putting in the work to repay the faith. That's all we can ask of him.

At least he is putting in the work to repay the faith. That's all we can ask of him.

Listening to Hartley, they track the junior comps pretty well and this kid was rated until his foot issues flared up in his last year. It aint unusual for players to struggle with injuries early days and I think clubs are getting better at giving young players who demonstrate all the work ethic traits to get themselves right after a few years. The 1-4 years post draft must be the toughest in getting the body conditioned playing at that level.

The glimpses I've seen the kid can play, just needs time to get the body right. It'll be his third year next year, not long in the system at all and I agree with you that as long as he keeps working hard and gets a bit of well due luck on his injuries he'll be a player for us

Listening to Hartley, they track the junior comps pretty well and this kid was rated until his foot issues flared up in his last year. It aint unusual for players to struggle with injuries early days and I think clubs are getting better at giving young players who demonstrate all the work ethic traits to get themselves right after a few years. The 1-4 years post draft must be the toughest in getting the body conditioned playing at that level.

The glimpses I've seen the kid can play, just needs time to get the body right. It'll be his third year next year, not long in the system at all and I agree with you that as long as he keeps working hard and gets a bit of well due luck on his injuries he'll be a player for us

Glad we see eye to eye on at least something.

I see similarities between Cotchin's career start and Corey's. It wasn't until Cotchin's 4th season that he got past his injuries and broke out, but always showed flashes of why he was the #2 pick. Corey obviously isn't as talented (yet) but he's shown everyone how clean and smart he is. Give him 1 uninterrupted season (hopefully 2017) and he will break out the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back