Autopsy JLT Series. What you liked/disliked

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've heard the same. He's beasting it. Has become an atheltic machine and footskills have improved after some serious work with Gia. (Did anyone know he was our skills coach?? Has been working with a couple of our players).

Jong and English huge standouts too. Apparently, Jongy is putting up ridiculous numbers in testing, blowing away his previous stuff. Similarly, English was expected to take a long time to adapt to our programs but he's gone in absolutely head first and is shattering expectations. His body work has improved to the point where he may even debut this year. The weight hasn't piled on just yet but he's scary agile and his footskills are some of the best at the club.

Lukey D has ramped up his tank to go full time in the midfield too.
Cheers mate,great news regarding Dunkley and Jong. I'm thinking Jongy is going to tear this season apart and if Dunkley keeps improving our midfield is only going to be even stronger.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've heard the same. He's beasting it. Has become an atheltic machine and footskills have improved after some serious work with Gia. (Did anyone know he was our skills coach?? Has been working with a couple of our players).

Jong and English huge standouts too. Apparently, Jongy is putting up ridiculous numbers in testing, blowing away his previous stuff. Similarly, English was expected to take a long time to adapt to our programs but he's gone in absolutely head first and is shattering expectations. His body work has improved to the point where he may even debut this year. The weight hasn't piled on just yet but he's scary agile and his footskills are some of the best at the club.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Like x 10!

I love hearing that Dunkley has been the absolute standout and that Jong has been shitting all over his PBs. I am also wrapped to hear that English is a chance to play some games this year.

It's bloody ridiculous that Dunkley and Jong - players who performed exceptionally well when they played together in the back half of last year - might be fighting for the same spot in the 22.

Jong could very well be the third or even second best inside midfielder at a lot of other clubs and here he is pushing to get a game on the back of outstanding athletic testing. We really do have a lot of talent.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
It's bloody ridiculous that Dunkley and Jong - players who performed exceptionally well when they played together in the back half of last year - might be fighting for the same spot in the 22.

Jong could very well be the third or even second best inside midfielder at a lot of other clubs and here he is pushing to get a game on the back of outstanding athletic testing. We really do have a lot of talent.
I like your optimism, and I don't want to start another Jong shitfight, but I'd love to know which club Jong would be second or third best inside midfielder at. I can't think of one club he'd be first choice at a centre clearance.

Adelaide - Sloane, Crouch, Crouch.
Brisbane - Rockliff, Beams, Zorko.
Carlton - Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs
Collingwood - Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom/Adams
Essendon - Merrett, Heppell, Watson
Fremantle - Mundy, Fyfe, Neale
Geelong - Dangerfield, Selwood, Guthrie
GC - Ablett, Swallow, Barlow
GWS - Ward, Shiel, Coniglio
Hawks - Mitchell, O'Meara, Shiels
Dees - Viney, Tyson, Jones
Norf - Cunnginton, Swallow, Ziebell
Power - Boak, Wines, Gray
Richmond - Prestia, Martin, Cotchin
St Kilda - Steven, Armitage, Ross
Sydney - Kennedy, Parker, Hannebery
WCE - Priddis, Mitchell, Shuey
WB - Libber, Bontempelli, Dahlhaus

Norf is the only one I see him getting close to there.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like your optimism, and I don't want to start another Jong shitfight, but I'd love to know which club Jong would be second or third best inside midfielder at. I can't think of one club he'd be first choice at a centre clearance.

He could be ahead of Barlow depending how he goes this upcoming season.

Jong averaged more goals, contested possessions and tackles than Seb Ross just to nominate one team.

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals

B Crouch (rated on his draft position not his output IMO)
Swallow (Norf squib)
Cotchin (Squib)
Ross
Barlow

All would be debatable for various reasons if I had Jong v and was on the selection committee. Having said which, I would probably take Cotchin and Swallow over him. Probably.....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've seen nothing of him during pre season so I can't make an assumption. But if English can add contested marking to his game, he will make a lot of teams regret passing on him. He literally has everything else you look for in a ruckman. Could be a major weapon in a couple of years. Particularly with no 3rd man up anymore. The market for a genuine ruckman just got hotter.

Easton Thighs

Unqualified Mōderator
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've seen nothing of him during pre season so I can't make an assumption. But if English can add contested marking to his game, he will make a lot of teams regret passing on him. He literally has everything else you look for in a ruckman. Could be a major weapon in a couple of years. Particularly with no 3rd man up anymore. The market for a genuine ruckman just got hotter.
Damn. First the bye then the umpiring and now this new rule. The AFL keeps finding ways to discredit our premierships.

Had a sticky beak the other day - Macrae is available as a Fwd/Mid?!?! Bizarre - I think he kicked one goal last year (a damn good one in the prelim). Anyway locking him in!
I won't have you downplaying Macrae. He kicked two goals last year.

Back