Prediction Pre season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent, thanks for that. Were you able to get that vid off the Saints website?

Nicked it from the Saints page on FB. Was quite impressed that I managed to do it :rolleyes:

This was the one thing that stood out watching him live last year, he was rarely beaten for speed and agility when the ball hit the deck. He seems to have that natural ability to know where the ball is going to drop too. Christ if he has dropped a few more kgs that's a nightmare match up for defensive structures.

It also seemed as though clubs were very Bruce conscious this season, especially early on, often playing the #1 defender on him. If floss McCartin can get some consistency, Bruce and Members will run rampant across HF.

That excited..
When we got him in I spoke to a couple mates who work with Gippy Power and they were sure he should spend more time up the ground as he has that awkward mix of speed, marking and ability to read the play.
Maybe that's where the Battle selection came from...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

When we got him in I spoke to a couple mates who work with Gippy Power and they were sure he should spend more time up the ground as he has that awkward mix of speed, marking and ability to read the play.
Maybe that's where the Battle selection came from...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Membrey in the guts with Acres resting forward!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOK is about 3 times bigger than he was when my mate almost ran him over in the Etihad carpark before the Essendon game
So is 3 quarters of our list :)

**** we've got a good team again.
On paper,however if we play like we are planning too then we might all be saving for late September tickets.

With rotations from the midfield I reckon we'll see (at various times) any and all of Weller, Gresham, Acres, Membrey, Steele, Stevens, Armitage, Billings, Riewoldt, Steven, Wright, Lonie, Minchington and Sinclair rotating through the forward line as small to medium types, and maybe even Long and McKenzie as well.

That's 16 blokes.

The aim seems to be to have two key pillars and then multiple dangerous attacking options to stretch opposition defensive structures; the emphasis seems to be on slimming down, which indicates they are prioritising movement over bulk.

The Dogs won with that kind of set up of about 20 guys who all seem to have potential to play midfield on the ground at any one time. When ever anyone wins with a new set up everyone seems to want to copy it. To be fair to Richo we seem to have been on a similar path for the last few years and play the same kind of whiplash footy anyway though. We have majorly focussed on players who can play a variety of roles too, or maybe that's just how all teams recruit these days.

The Dogs won with that kind of set up of about 20 guys who all seem to have potential to play midfield on the ground at any one time. When ever anyone wins with a new set up everyone seems to want to copy it. To be fair to Richo we seem to have been on a similar path for the last few years and play the same kind of whiplash footy anyway though. We have majorly focussed on players who can play a variety of roles too, or maybe that's just how all teams recruit these days.
What I really like is the marking power of the midsize types...

Even leaving out Riewoldt's aerial prowess, Membrey, Weller, Steele and McKenzie are very strong in the air, and Acres and Stevens are immensely strong body-to-body.

It's very handy to have mediums and smalls that are legitimate marking threats.

What I really like is the marking power of the midsize types...

Even leaving out Riewoldt's aerial prowess, Membrey, Weller, Steele and McKenzie are very strong in the air, and Acres and Stevens are immensely strong body-to-body.

It's very handy to have mediums and smalls that are legitimate marking threats.

Acres is getting much better at marking as well. Outmarked Tarrant against North. Billings had a strong junior marking game as well and at times has shown that.

I think Ed Phillips is meant to be a good mark for his size too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back