Prediction Pre season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Fraze!!!!! its hard to believe he started life as a skinny tall winger and was probably one of the fastest men in AFL over 20 metres - then he morphed!!!

latest

g-train-angry.jpg

check out Carlisle at TAC cup.. was a rake as well

Coming to saints at the same age as the G train did... Lets hope he can also play 150 odd games and have a similar impact as frazer

Referring to side selection for JLT1, Adam Kingsley said words to the effect of “we selected the guys who impressed most over the pre-season”.
Curious to note that apart from Holmes & Pierce (positional) and Montagna (managed), Minch is pretty much the only experienced senior player that wasn’t selected in the initial squad for JLT1.

It was only a few weeks ago that there were articles on the saints website, pumping up Minch’s 2016 season was and how this pre-season has been his best so far.
Reading too much into it, or is the writing on the wall for Meatball? (I hope not).

Also read a whisper on ‘that other forum’ about White. Supposedly “disappointed the coaching staff with the shape he arrived in for preseason”.
Any truth to this? (noting that he wasnt selected either despite impressing in his debut).

Referring to side selection for JLT1, Adam Kingsley said words to the effect of “we selected the guys who impressed most over the pre-season”.
Curious to note that apart from Holmes & Pierce (positional) and Montagna (managed), Minch is pretty much the only experienced senior player that wasn’t selected in the initial squad for JLT1.

It was only a few weeks ago that there were articles on the saints website, pumping up Minch’s 2016 season was and how this pre-season has been his best so far.
Reading too much into it, or is the writing on the wall for Meatball? (I hope not).

Also read a whisper on ‘that other forum’ about White. Supposedly “disappointed the coaching staff with the shape he arrived in for preseason”.
Any truth to this? (noting that he wasnt selected either despite impressing in his debut).

I think White will play a few matches this year but I don't think he was really going to be best 22 from round one. Meatball will probably get pushed into a depth squad role if a few come on and there is no shame there. I hope he can step it up though and push for seniors most weeks. It's really just the reality of bringing in more talent, the guys who aren't cemented in are at risk of being pushed to the side. Stevens and Steele will make life hard for him as both can play similar roles but have more midfield credentials.

Heard the same whisper on White from a guy at training a few weeks back. Don't think it's a biggie, just a message being reinforced to a young fella....

I think White will play a few matches this year but I don't think he was really going to be best 22 from round one. Meatball will probably get pushed into a depth squad role if a few come on and there is no shame there. I hope he can step it up though and push for seniors most weeks. It's really just the reality of bringing in more talent, the guys who aren't cemented in are at risk of being pushed to the side. Stevens and Steele will make life hard for him as both can play similar roles but have more midfield credentials.
Yes there is truth. But it has been sorted and whitey has learnt. Happens to lots of players on the journey

Re:Acres

Have to admit I'm a bit annoyed about his not making that JLC1 side. Blake has had his fair share of 'wake-up calls' - the only reason I can see him not having made that side is that they feel he didn't work hard enough over pre-season to earn a spot. The idea of it being because of his disposal is frankly ridiculous, we have others in the side who are questionable in this area, and the best way to improve it would be a pre-season match.

So basically, I'm thinking he hasn't done the work required over pre-season, which is very disappointing. If he could get himself super-fit we'd have a gem on our hands. Hope that he gets the message from this wake-up call, but as I said earlier he's had a few already.

Hope I'm wrong about all these assumptions :)

Re:Acres

Have to admit I'm a bit annoyed about his not making that JLC1 side. Blake has had his fair share of 'wake-up calls' - the only reason I can see him not having made that side is that they feel he didn't work hard enough over pre-season to earn a spot. The idea of it being because of his disposal is frankly ridiculous, we have others in the side who are questionable in this area, and the best way to improve it would be a pre-season match.

So basically, I'm thinking he hasn't done the work required over pre-season, which is very disappointing. If he could get himself super-fit we'd have a gem on our hands. Hope that he gets the message from this wake-up call, but as I said earlier he's had a few already.

Hope I'm wrong about all these assumptions :)
I think it's pretty bloody obvious that this is the case, unfortunately.

He obviously just hasn't been going well enough and the intra club game was a perfect example of this. I didn't even realise he was playing that game until I saw someone mention his name on here at about half time!

Yes there is truth. But it has been sorted and whitey has learnt. Happens to lots of players on the journey

A lot of speculation on here as to why Acres didn't get a game first up in the JTL. Could it be that the club aren't happy with his pre- season either? It seems pretty strange that he didn't play based on the way he finished last season, although maybe they were just keen to try out our new draftees in Steele and Stevens.
Can you shed any light on this, Stavro?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey boys, I'm liking the look of your side so far. I was wondering what the consensus was regarding Steven returning to his 2015 form? Has he been killing it on the track?

Do you mean Armo? Cause Steven's 2016 was his best yet while Armo's 2015 was his best but his 2016 was derailed by a back injury. If you are talking about Armo then all indications are that he's as fit as he was at the start of 2015 so should be well placed to return to that form.

Do you mean Armo? Cause Steven's 2016 was his best yet while Armo's 2015 was his best but his 2016 was derailed by a back injury. If you are talking about Armo then all indications are that he's as fit as he was at the start of 2015 so should be well placed to return to that form.

This question is in regards to fantasy, but cheers for that as well.

Wait til he gets tagged, generally doesn't perform as well when he's got a heavy tag... that being said perhaps the midfield depth can help out a little with that this year...
Wines was playing off him and taking it pretty seriously which made it harder for Steven on the inside but he keeps improving his spread from congestion to receive he's our most important player

It could just be that they wanted to give Steele and Stevens a good look at , and they were happy to wait a week to see Acres get a run.
Yep nailed it - Stevens and Steele are a fair chance to play but they had spent absolutely zero real game time in our team. Makes absolute sense to give them some game time at the moment to better undertsand where Richo (and the rest of the team) are coming from.

Wonder what people will say next week when Acres plays and Jack Steven doesn't - Jackie boys gone - can't kick - can't break a tag - trade him!!!

Wines was playing off him and taking it pretty seriously which made it harder for Steven on the inside but he keeps improving his spread from congestion to receive he's our most important player
Oh really, didn't really notice he just seemed to be doing his own thing out there :p

Yep nailed it - Stevens and Steele are a fair chance to play but they had spent absolutely zero real game time in our team. Makes absolute sense to give them some game time at the moment to better undertsand where Richo (and the rest of the team) are coming from.

Wonder what people will say next week when Acres plays and Jack Steven doesn't - Jackie boys gone - can't kick - can't break a tag - trade him!!!
There's no need to be stupid.

It's pretty bloody obvious that we picked what we thought was our best available team and the club also came out and said that the decision was made to pick the team based on who had performed best over the preseason. Even Roo got played, and he hasn't played R1 of the preseason games for years.

When asked specifically why Acres didn't play, Kingsley didn't say that we wanted to give him a break this week and then give him a big crack next week, he basically indicated that he, like Sinc and Webster, just didn't quite make the cut. Plain and simple. Then said he had things we wanted him to work on, like we said at the times when he was dropped last year.

Further factor in his bog average intra-club game and all the signs are pointing in one direction. He didn't get a game because the club felt he didn't deserve/earn/warrant one.

Last edited:
There's no need to be stupid.

It's pretty bloody obvious that we picked what we thought was our best available team and the club also came out and said that the decision was made to pick the team based on who had performed best over the preseason.

When asked specifically why Acres didn't play, Kingsley I think it was didn't say that we wanted to give him a break this week and then give him a big crack next week, he basically indicated that he, like Sinc and Webster, just didn't quite make the cut. Plain and simple. Then said he had things we wanted him to work on, like we said at the times when he was dropped last year.

Further factor in his bog average intra-club game and all the signs are pointing in one direction. He didn't get a game because the club felt he didn't deserve/earn one.

what position do people think acres is best placed to play? and where do we think we need him to play?

Acres was quite easily one of our best players in the last 4-6 weeks of last season...which was a period we won plenty of footy games & looked pretty bloody good.

Blake I reckon went to the same school of training that Dane Swan went to. He doesn't seem like the type that loves smashing himself.

Is Blake best 22 trainers at the club...Nope! Hence why he was likely left out in game 1. Is he best 22 come match day. Absolutely IMO.

Best position: anywhere fwd of centre to utilise his natural attacking instincts. Either in the guts, wing, half fwd or resting deep fwd. he has many strings to his bow which make his selection an even easier decision.

Wines was pretty lucky there weren't many cameras at the ground, he felled Lonie behind play with a hard elbow to his head.

Acres was quite easily one of our best players in the last 4-6 weeks of last season...which was a period we won plenty of footy games & looked pretty bloody good.

Blake I reckon went to the same school of training that Dane Swan went to. He doesn't seem like the type that loves smashing himself.

Is Blake best 22 trainers at the club...Nope! Hence why he was likely left out in game 1. Is he best 22 come match day. Absolutely IMO.

Best position: anywhere fwd of centre to utilise his natural attacking instincts. Either in the guts, wing, half fwd or resting deep fwd. he has many strings to his bow which make his selection an even easier decision.
I think it's pretty clear that the club felt he needed a wake-up call, just like Melbourne have with Jack Watts.

Hopefully it does the trick and the digit is well and truly extracted come round 1.

Better for it to happen now than during the season like last year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back