Prediction Pre season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

what position do people think acres is best placed to play? and where do we think we need him to play?
I always thought mainly inside (in particular because his kicking isn't ideally good enough for someone playing wing), but even late last year he was still playing a lot on the wing, even though we had the opportunity to play him mostly in the guts, so I do wonder if they feel like he's not quite suited to a mostly inside role.

I think ideally we need him to be so good on the inside that we could play him there exclusively if he didn't have the versatility that he does have, so that playing him elsewhere can just be a luxury.

Wines was pretty lucky there weren't many cameras at the ground, he felled Lonie behind play with a hard elbow to his head.

s**t!! knock in the head without any footage, that's 6 weeks according to the Baker precedence.

A lot of speculation on here as to why Acres didn't get a game first up in the JTL. Could it be that the club aren't happy with his pre- season either? It seems pretty strange that he didn't play based on the way he finished last season, although maybe they were just keen to try out our new draftees in Steele and Stevens.
Can you shed any light on this, Stavro?
No he has been great all pre season. I believe the coach/s have their own reasoning that I don't know. They do make odd decisions at time

Guysss
Guysss
Guysss

You'll never guess.

So I'm up in Mission Beach Qld for work, decide to take a stroll down the beach, next minute I see a couple of shredded blokes rocking up and start kicking a footy around.

It's bloody Luke Dunstan with his brother! I went up and said hi, had a bit of a fangirl moment since I haven't met any of our players before. Told him he played pretty well on Thursday with some sick clearances. He's shredded!

No he has been great all pre season. I believe the coach/s have their own reasoning that I don't know. They do make odd decisions at time

Thank you for that, it's good to know. It would have been disappointing to think he didn't back up after a great end to the season.
There is always so much speculation on here, even after just the first practice game. I trust that Richo knows what he's doing and the best way to manage these young players.

Looking forward to great things from Blacres this season. I think he has potential to be one of our stars.

bloody hell freo look very ordinary. their structures are non-existent and its like the players are completely confused as to if theyre zoning or playing 1 on 1. reminds me of the pies last year
Witches hats! :drunk:

Witches hats! :drunk:

bloody good call. they look bad for a near full strength side. they were talking this game up too about how hard they were gonna play it and come into it

they look *in rotten. senior blokes are playing with no confidence and just look *in lost

WCE on the other hand look very much improved and i think will be a LOT better this year

bloody good call. they look bad for a near full strength side. they were talking this game up too about how hard they were gonna play it and come into it

they look ****in rotten. senior blokes are playing with no confidence and just look ****in lost

WCE on the other hand look very much improved and i think will be a LOT better this year
#fyfewatch2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry about Blake imo
Coaches know the potential and for him to miss is obviously a fairly decent reason
Maybe it's because he will be the number one mid this week and have the pressure put on to run out the game like our best mid can, Mr J Steven?
He couldve turned up late
Gave a stupid answer in a team meeting
Not flushed after a crap in the staff dunny
Or just making him more hungry by not picking him round one and pumping him up for practice round 2

Who knows
Come round one I'm tipping him to be in the side after a great performance in practice game 2 or 3

I think everyone can see the potential he could have.....maybe he can't, or thinks it will come naturally without that 10% extra hard work??

Maybe it's absolutely nothing and he felt crook
Maybe it was the plan all along

Don't worry about Blake imo
Coaches know the potential and for him to miss is obviously a fairly decent reason
Maybe it's because he will be the number one mid this week and have the pressure put on to run out the game like our best mid can, Mr J Steven?
He couldve turned up late
Gave a stupid answer in a team meeting
Not flushed after a crap in the staff dunny
Or just making him more hungry by not picking him round one and pumping him up for practice round 2

Who knows
Come round one I'm tipping him to be in the side after a great performance in practice game 2 or 3

I think everyone can see the potential he could have.....maybe he can't, or thinks it will come naturally without that 10% extra hard work??

Maybe it's absolutely nothing and he felt crook
Maybe it was the plan all along

Just some tough love imo, some blokes get a cuddle and some get a slap across the head.

Kingsley said that Acres wasn't picked due to fact he needs to work on his kicking. What have the coaching staff been teaching him over the last 6 months then? You've got a elite kicker in Lindsay Gilbee there, and they still haven't improved Blake's kicking.

Maybe they have people on here covered in knowledge and their decisions aren't odd at all. I'm going with them making the right decision in their mind.

Kingsley said that Acres wasn't picked due to fact he needs to work on his kicking. What have the coaching staff been teaching him over the last 6 months then? You've got a elite kicker in Lindsay Gilbee there, and they still haven't improved Blake's kicking.

I think they are probably teaching to be abetter kick but unfortunately not many players in the history of the game have improved their field kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back