Training Pre-season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

That was more my opinion/hope.

I thought he would get rubbed out for a few weeks to keep the mexicans happy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I was worried he'd get a game. I dont get Toby's offence unless I missed something.

Report from the NEAFL PS GWS v Swans game - http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-03-13/neafl-player-watch

With less than a fortnight until the GIANTS season opener against Adelaide, we take a look at how our NEAFL players fared in their trial match against the Swans.

Both sides had a number of players with AFL experience take to the field, with the GIANTS playing 13 AFL listed players.

For the record, the Swans defeated the inaccurate GIANTS by two points at the WestConnex Centre, 8.6 (54) to 6.16 (52).

NEAFL coach Brad Miller reflected on the contributions of the GIANTS AFL listed players:

Harry Himmelberg - "Harry played across half back for the majority of the day and was good in contests; he was influential in setting up our ball movement."

Jacob Hopper – "Jacob only played half of the game but starred while he was out there. Playing as an inside midfielder, he racked up plenty of touches and was clean with his hands and feet through congestion."

Tim Mohr – "Solid down back for three quarters, Tim went forward in the final term and took a great contested mark. He was rock solid down back and was rarely beaten in the air by his opponent."

Dawson Simpson – "Tireless in the ruck all day, Dawson dominated the hit out count which helped give our midfielders first use of the football. His strength and bodywork at the contest was dominant."

Tendai Mzungu – "Outstanding across all four quarters as an inside midfielder and up forward, Tendai went hard at the contested ball and worked tirelessly."

Harry Perryman – "Harry spent a half down back and was solid, finding a fair share of the football. He moved into the midfield in the second half, playing as an inside midfielder, and had an immediate impact on the game."

Jeremy Finlayson – "Started on a wing before moving down back, Jeremy started well but then found it hard to impact the game once he moved to the backline. Despite his minimised influence he played soundly down back."

Isaac Cumming – "Isaac played along the halfback line and took some great intercept marks.”

Zach Sproule – "Played on two of the Swans most experienced defenders in Aliir Aliir and Jeremy Laidler and was found out of position at times. He took a mark early and kicked a goal. Will learn from the experience."

Matt Flynn – "Matt moved as well as I’ve seen him move all summer, he took a step forward in his body language and his ability to compete."

Sam Reid – "Played in the midfielder and also went forward, Sam had a solid impact on the game for three quarters but ran out of legs in the final term."

Daniel Lloyd– "Daniel played well and found plenty of the footy. He used the ball carefully and his disposal was clean all day."

Lachie Tiziani – "Lachie played along half forward and pushed up onto the wing but struggled to have a huge influence. He could have be a touch cleaner with his disposals but is young and will learn."
So, half a game for Hopper says to me he won't be in the round 1 team as he'll need to be managed. Great opportunity for Mzungu to get upgraded & show what he can do. Reid running out of legs sounds would rule him out IMO, and the others are too junior to throw in the deep end.
Great report mate

Yes i think the Gu will be upgraded for cogs. This is what he was bought in for. Injury cover

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any news or did anyone get to the NEAFL trial for a report? Did we have a NEAFL thread last year, I will start one up when I have more time in front of my computer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back