Training Pre-season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer for the club to persist with him as a back pocket, but can't see any harm in expanding his game a bit.

Rather than position , I think its his role that we should try to define. Bews to my eye has looked much more at home when attacking , running the ball out risking more in attacking action than when he was tasked with being under the long ball trying to stop a forward 1o1. The Crows game I think was one of his best. Its one of the reasons I was less enthused about us trying to trade in 2e , I think we have players who given their head could do a similar role. Hes more Wojo than some dour defender.

Rather than position , I think its his role that we should try to define. Bews to my eye has looked much more at home when attacking , running the ball out risking more in attacking action than when he was tasked with being under the long ball trying to stop a forward 1o1. The Crows game I think was one of his best. Its one of the reasons I was less enthused about us trying to trade in 2e , I think we have players who given their head could do a similar role. Hes more Wojo than some dour defender.

"Could". I'd always prefer can over could. More certainty is welcomed by me, as such, Bews/Ruggles/Stewart/Thurlow haven't proven anything at AFL level yet. Tuohy has imo so I'd rather more certainty when the alternative is prospects of possible success in a role by a player.

Not just Smedts. Plenty of others too.

If only we could pinpoint the moment where the attitude towards young players goes from hopeful to spiteful.
Usually happens after a loss and people are unable to blame their old favourites despite their culpability.

Parsons is the Han to Waybill's Luke IMO

Parsons was probably the best of the listed players yet to debut last season.
I will be watching the VFL with special interest in him this year that I usually reserve for 1st year draftees.

Stick some earmuffs on Mackie.

Poor Andrew :(
Isn't it embarrassing enough for him that he has the muscle mass of a prepubescent boy. Now this. When will it end good sir!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mack's had his detractors over the yrs, and whilst father time now is his biggest argument nearing his retirement. I couldn't have asked for a more complete career from what we got from mack

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He's been a great player! I thought he was a real catalyst for the way we improved in 2007 and the style of footy we played and how we moved the ball.
Time has caught and a 2 year contract was too much IMO but I was watching an interview with The Waybill yesterday and really seems as he still has a lot of value around the club.

Seems to be settling in well looking forward to seeing what he adds to the team.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...d/news-story/689060cda29a423602bce9c9c66d501c

I come here from time to time to see what you guys think about Tuohy.
Must say though that it seems to have been largely low key for now.

He'll be a great asset to Geelong. That I have little doubt about.
As hard a body as you'll find and rarely let's injury get in the way of a good game.

Not too many I'd wish all the best for leaving Carlton, but Zach is undeniably lovable and for good reason.

I come here from time to time to see what you guys think about Tuohy.
Must say though that it seems to have been largely low key for now.

He'll be a great asset to Geelong. That I have little doubt about.
As hard a body as you'll find and rarely let's injury get in the way of a good game.

Not too many I'd wish all the best for leaving Carlton, but Zach is undeniably lovable and for good reason.
I'm stoked. Except Dange and Ottens best recruit I can remember getting.
Gotta be the best kicking action going around and always gives everything.

Not sure if any have come across this, young parfitt was named in last yrs ntfl team of the yr. And the scribe for the darwin paper noted 12 months ago, was one of the best 16 yo's he's seen from darwin

Not sure if any have come across this, young parfitt was named in last yrs ntfl team of the yr. And the scribe for the darwin paper noted 12 months ago, was one of the best 16 yo's he's seen from darwin

I think but not sure that he won the seniors B+F at his club at 16! Bloody good effort if true.
Also I think it was a state coach who said that he thought he was better than Cocky at the same age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back