Training 2018 Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

it is true I rarely post....sometimes there is not much to like with some of the replies, and it is not worth the effort!
Any inside goss is appreciated, even when it is not always what we want to hear.

so what's with lang?
Averaging 3 posts a year and you are asking him to repeat himself?

Doesn't leave a lot of wriggle room for more news in the next 11 months.

so why has he just disappeared?
90f.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to hear murph say on the website today that Cuningham had been training with the defenders. Could be trialed in Doc's spot.

I don't mind that, he's a smooth mover and nice kick - could give us some drive from the back. Don't know about his intercept ability though.

Hadn’t noticed it but not the worst idea. He played there a lot as a junior. Hard to see him getting lots of midfield minutes at the moment with what we have. Speed and good ball use

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-...ay-petrevski-seton-racing-the-clock-for-blues

Sigh, confirmation from AFL site that McKay and SPS are battling injuries and are on modified training programs.

No Lang in the match simulation either.
I wouldn’t Believe anything off the afl website. It’s just some bloke watching the intra and making up a story why 2-3 players weren’t playing. Chucking in a few truths from last seasons injuries (hence toe and quad) big irs mostly guess work. The club didn’t make this statement and it’s most likely training load related. Notice how they use SPSs preseason quad injury as a example of what he’s done this season. Absolute rubbish.

Interesting to hear murph say on the website today that Cuningham had been training with the defenders. Could be trialed in Doc's spot.

I don't mind that, he's a smooth mover and nice kick - could give us some drive from the back. Don't know about his intercept ability though.

I posted last year that I thought Cuningham would be suited to half back. Doesn't have to find the ball which seems to see him drift in and out of games. It's also a position where his physical attributes could make him a weapon.

Plenty of (potential) options down there, even with Doc out... Simmo, Willo, Byrne, Plow, Cuningham, Garlett, Mullett, O'Shea, O'Brien...

Does he need to intercept if he's surrounded by any combination of Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering, Jones, Simmo, Byrne and Willo?

Early thoughts were that Garlett could slot into the half back runner spot, but if Cunners shows an aptitude for it that frees up Garlett to play a more aggressive role further up the ground.

I certainly like the idea of having blokes like SPS, Fisher, Cuningham, Lang, Willo, Byrne, Garlett, O'Brien, Lamb etc. developed to a point where they can be used as small/medium defenders, forwards and mids. Gives us a lot of flexibility and minimises the impact of injuries during a future finals campaign. I think they all have attributes that would allow them to perform in each position as well.

Does he need to intercept if he's surrounded by any combination of Marchbank, Plowman, Weitering, Jones, Simmo, Byrne and Willo?

Early thoughts were that Garlett could slot into the half back runner spot, but if Cunners shows an aptitude for it that frees up Garlett to play a more aggressive role further up the ground.

I certainly like the idea of having blokes like SPS, Fisher, Cuningham, Lang, Willo, Byrne, Garlett, O'Brien, Lamb etc. developed to a point where they can be used as small/medium defenders, forwards and mids. Gives us a lot of flexibility and minimises the impact of injuries during a future finals campaign. I think they all have attributes that would allow them to perform in each position as well.
Could argue that Doc didn't need to intercept with those players around him, but he was one of the best in the game at it.

Regardless, I love that there is genuine discussion around depth around much of the side now. Who know where all the aforementioned players will slot in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back