Training 2018 Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes everything!

Murphy is the player to watch if Kennedy stands up. Kennedy will basically be replacing Gibbs in the midfield, who like Murphy was not naturally suited to doing the hard stuff.

Having two contested bulls really helps Murphy get off the leash (which Gibbs wasn't doing) and makes us a far more dangerous proposition offensively.
cannot like this comment enough...

GWS's midfield is just ridiculous - then also list Deledio, de Boer, Setterfield, Bonar :eek:

Flag favourites for mine
Yet I have them possibly stumbling down to the 6-9 range and exiting finals immediately. Mumford a huge loss, both gun flankers gone leaving questions on their defence especially with a midfield that has too many one way runners. Deledio griffen and others are extraordinarily injury prone and I really don’t think Leon Cameron is anywhere near a good enough coach.

Hey, slow down there...

I think if things go right our core group of mids could do fairly well. Our issue is teams have more than 5 midfielders and as you continue through the group we start to drop off quicker than others.

Compare 9 mids/mid-types that could possibly get picked on match day. Here's a possibility for ours:

CAR: Cripps, Murphy, Ed, Kennedy, Samo, Lang, Fisher, Cuningham, Dow

and here's a guess at the top 9 for some other clubs:

SYD: Kennedy, Parker, Heeney, Hannebery, Lloyd, Jack, Jones, Mills, Newman
GWS: Kelly, Ward, Shiel, Coniglio, Scully, Whitield, Griffen, Hopper, Taranto
COL: Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliot, Wells, Greenwood, Phillips
WBD: Bontempelli, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Wallis, McLean, Liberatore, Hunter, Daniel, Dale
ADE: Sloane, M Crouch, Gibbs, B Crouch, Greenwood, Douglas, Atkins, Seedsman, Gibson
PTA: R Gray, Wines, Rockliff, Boak, Ebert, Wingard, Polec, Motlop, Powell-Pepper
GEE: Dangerfield, Ablett, J Selwood, Duncan, Menegola, C Guthrie, S Selwood, Horlin-Smith, Murdoch
Fair to say there's a bit of a difference at this stage of our development...

Cats for mine...

My mail is that Ablett was not happy about being described as a small forward that could pinch hit in the midfield. Track watches saying he is going better than them all and has lost nothing. Wants to prove he is still the best!

Back or forward flank? Wing? Or starting to worry about his prospects Harks?

Was used exclusively as a centre square mid and it just didnt work in the short term. He was much better around the ground, but does need to find the ball a little more often.

He has time on his side

Was used exclusively as a centre square mid and it just didnt work in the short term. He was much better around the ground, but does need to find the ball a little more often.

He has time on his side
Watched 3 of our VFL games on TV and got a similar impression, I’m a definite fan though.

Certainly appears to have talent, important year for his progress coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no inside info, but just going on that pic I would guess vitiligo. I get psoriasis and it doesn't look like that.

Looks more like vitiligo for sure; clear loss of pigmentation without the surrounding redness/inflammation and silvery scales that you'd expect in a typical psoriasis presentation.

I don't remember Carrots ever being a fumbler. He always had issues with his feet, but I thought he had clean hands all the way through.

So just a ball-butcher then? Fair enough, as I missed the early part of Carrazzo's career

early on he was a ball magnet but would put his handballs to feet or where the player was, not where he was moving to.

take a look at this thread:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/andrew-carrazzo.300084/page-3

mid to late career something just clicked.

Watched him closely in the VFL, regularly getting beaten at stoppages by relative no names. Had a few good takeaways but just nearly not often enough.

I really dont see it being his go.
Wow

Big call, but I like that you've backed yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back