Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Que? He’s as big as a house by the standards of professional athletes. Let’s not sugar coat it after 15 years in the system and the year he had he’s in poor shape in the lead up to Christmas.

If he were still at North and we saw that photo we’d have a good old laugh about it, but because he’s one of our own it’s overkill? Take a look at the 17 yo amateur athlete in that photo absolutely putting him to shame! Overkill indeed :rolleyes:
If he was still at North there wouldn't be a photo because nobody cares about that irrelevant, Tasmania seat warming, dud of a club.

My money's on 15 wins, a player like that....................
I'd be willing to bet we don't win every game he plays next year (assuming he plays minimum 8 games). I might not win but odds would be in my favour given this year was 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses from his 10 and his best game stat wise by a country mile was the draw.

I'd be willing to bet we don't win every game he plays next year (assuming he plays minimum 8 games). I might not win but odds would be in my favour given this year was 7 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses from his 10 and his best game stat wise by a country mile was the draw.
I was at that game...wells was amazing
Unfortunately think we will look back and that will be the best of his 17 game career at Collingwood

Thinking of going to training tomorrow morning. I've checked the club website, and its not been updated from last week re Friday training, although next Wednesday (20 Dec) is being promoted as an open session.

Can anyone confirm training is on tomorrow?

Thinking of going to training tomorrow morning. I've checked the club website, and its not been updated from last week re Friday training, although next Wednesday (20 Dec) is being promoted as an open session.

Can anyone confirm training is on tomorrow?

Can't Confirm but I be Confident there will be Training

Collingwood’s Jack Crisp says Pies benefiting from off-season changes as they look to surge in 2018
BEN BROAD, Herald Sun
an hour ago
premium_iconSubscriber only

Crisp, who is likely to join teammate Darcy Moore in a more-permament shift to defence in 2018, said a new approach to training, along with Nathan Buckley’s “wonderful” approach to the summer has him confident the Pies are on the right track.

• Collingwood finished 13th in 2017, winning nine matches but showing on several occasions their best was enough to test the competition’s elite sides.

Asked if the Pies under-performed or simply weren’t good enough, Crisp thought it was “a mixture of both”.

“We’ve shown that our best is really great and we can match the best teams, even beat them, and then when we’re not playing well we obviously play really bad and get beaten by teams that we should be beating,” he told RSN radio.

“That probably takes its toll a fair bit. A few people are starting to get frustrated now, it’s been four years out of finals.

“It’s been enough, we need to get back to it.”

dfbfbdcdc50bd1ee2bba40b44e6a8d60

media_cameraNathan Buckley and Jack Crisp at Pies training. Picture: Mark Stewart
    Buckley felt the heat throughout the season as his side tried to right its win-loss record and push for September, but the coach was given a contract extension.

The post-season review has brought on changes not only in personnel at the club, but also in the Pies’ approach for their 2018 preparations.

“It’s a fair bit different because the whole footy program has changed

“We’re kind of going down a different pathway in how we’re attacking training and how specific we’re being with every part of training - whether it be meetings, gym, trying to get our surge and sprint running up to (being) more match-fit than running fit ... it’s definitely a big change but I think everyone’s really enjoying the new program.”

Crisp has noticed a more relaxed Buckley, but says his faith in the coach has never wavered.

“He’s still his confident self and really influential for everyone,” Crisp said.

“I still find him very fascinating and everything he says is just very intriguing.
  • “He just seems so much more relaxed, and the way he’s approaching training with all the coaches, I think everyone else starting to take another step forward and become more involved themselves, so it’s not just Nathan running the show the whole time.”Crisp, who has played every game at Collingwood since being traded from Brisbane, said he was likely to play a more defensive role in 2018 after spending large chunks in the midfield through his first three seasons at the Pies.

And he’s looking forward to seeing what Moore, a focal point of the Collingwood forward line, can do at the other end of the ground. “He’s going really well,” he said.
    “I remember when he first got drafted he trained in the backline for a while. He’s such a good athlete, such a powerful athlete. He’ll be a good asset down back.”
    ab2ba821153f7716831a0227f2270f6a

Darcy Moore and Sam McLarty do battle at training. Pic: Michael Klein
Superstars in pre-season, as every club seems to have at this time of year. Snore.

Can Rnd 1 just ******* get here.

How did Denis Pagan call it.

Trains like Tarzan in pre season plays like his mrs in the season proper...

Superstars in pre-season, as every club seems to have at this time of year. Snore.

Can Rnd 1 just ******* get here.

Sorry L P but I didn't get that from the article......to each their own I guess.

Sorry CFC, I should have prefaced; more of a holistic reference to AFL coverage during the pre-season.

It gets nauseating, IMO.

Now I gotcha.......yeah your right it is a bit of "rinse & repeat" at this time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully stay away from the night life.

Nightclubs close early there so I "think" we will be safe.

Better nightlife in Vic and better bins for Elliott also :drunk:

Mazzarjo As posted by Warburton Lad on Nicks:- http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=83305

Brayden Sier is another stripling with hopefully a long career ahead of him. One can see even at this early stage of pre-season that his body is in far better condition for the AFL. This is a credit to Sier. He did not ask to be the youngest player in his draft year. He did not ask for the poor run of injuries that restricted his progress to date. He is, however, the heir to a number made famous by some wonderful Magpie players of years gone by: Rene Kink, Saverio Rocca and Swanny and this writer hopes he achieves the potential that our recruiters identified in him several years back!

Sier has been seen about as much as Warburton Lad's second eye
Warbie is a true Collingwood man. I saw him a week or so ago at training. I thought I was organised, but this man gets his perch in the cafe, opens up his iPad and writes his reports on the spot! I do it differently and record what I am seeing for the later write up.....Geoff Walsh permitting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back