Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

it's a Cwood thing - we can't help it - supporters, officials (remember a guy called Gary Pert?) - the optimism and enthusiasm are good - but if it comes back to bite us we cop it big time from all and sundry.
Many people from other clubs make statements, predictions.
I've always been very ho hum about such things.
Like who cares.

So Gary Pert opened his gob, whoop.
Let the media have a jerk, who cares, just grist for the mill.

But that's just me, very unaffected by mouths opening.

I recall on Copeland night someone mentioned to Cal Brown about the young guys starting earlier this year, perhaps due to their late start last year.

It was on the news (yesterday?) that Carlton's young players - even as old as Wietering - were back training in an official capacity, kits and all.

Can't imagine we'd be too far off? Does anyone know when the young players start?

If McLarty has a big pre season I can see him slotting into FB early into the season.

People need to remember he was coming off an injury interrupted preseason basically playing catch up all year. A good preseason can be the difference between being a also ran and having a break out year.

Once upon a time we used to have 10-12 midfielders deep that rotated.
Nowadays we are too fixated on never changing it up- it's always the same mainstays- we need to find variety, mix and options.
Can never have enough midfield rotation options.

Rubbish. We rotated heaps through the midfield in 2017. As well as mainstays like Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Treloar, JDG, Wells, Greenwood, and Crisp, players like Wills, Maynard, Brown, Daicos, Aish and Thomas all got a crack. Hell, even Blair played through there. And that's without even considering the wing players. The issue isn't the quantum, it's the age/experience profile of the next group. Only ever get 3 in there at any given time and those additional rotation options need to be able to old down an alternate position and bide their time.

Don't worry about Pendles did everybody (Apex36) see Kirby in the background??

Don't worry about Pendles did everybody (Apex36) see Kirby in the background??

Kirby has been seen frequently around the club since the end of the season. He's been really preparing as well as he can when the boys return in the next week or so, full credit to him with his discipline to keep in good shape, he knows he will reap the rewards for a big preseason to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s not go jinxing him, Christmas hasn’t happened yet.
I think all Australian based Collibgwood supporters need to show they truly love the club by patrolling all the fast food outlets in Australia. We need men and women standing at the entrance of every one in case Kirby should stray.
I have already distributed pictures of Kirby to my friends here and we are positioned at all the Kebab shops just in case he comes to Turkey for a holiday.

I think all Australian based Collibgwood supporters need to show they truly love the club by patrolling all the fast food outlets in Australia. We need men and women standing at the entrance of every one in case Kirby should stray.
I have already distributed pictures of Kirby to my friends here and we are positioned at all the Kebab shops just in case he comes to Turkey for a holiday.

Send those kebabs to Carlton FC in packages marked 'High Performance Diet Supplies' pls.

Rubbish. We rotated heaps through the midfield in 2017. As well as mainstays like Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Treloar, JDG, Wells, Greenwood, and Crisp, players like Wills, Maynard, Brown, Daicos, Aish and Thomas all got a crack. Hell, even Blair played through there. And that's without even considering the wing players. The issue isn't the quantum, it's the age/experience profile of the next group. Only ever get 3 in there at any given time and those additional rotation options need to be able to old down an alternate position and bide their time.
Yeah. I can't remember a season like the last one when we sprung so many surprises with players rotating through the midfield, particularly in the last few games when Pendles was injured and Treloar was restricted in movement.

If you guys followed Kirby on Facebook you'd know he was in fine form....https://www.facebook.com/kingkirby27/

21151669_1800745776606257_7242420204573488073_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back