Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adams is our 3 most Important Player behind Reid and Pendles
In a way THIS year our most important player is Wells.

Up and about, playing most games, he will be vital to any improvement.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Couldn't agree more re Buhdda - he is full on no bullshit bloke. He won't tell you what you want to hear but he will tell you what you need to hear.
May be the best appointment the club has made in years.

I was at a SANFL game a few years and Hocking gave the Port boys an almighty spray at 3/4 time. My immediate thought was that I like this guy, Port got up and won the game. I was very pleased to see his appointment on our coaching panel. He will do wonders with our mids.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know it’s only an image, but if he’s primed for a defensive role and will at times need to stand the likes of Danger, Dusty and Zeibell he looks unders muscle wise, IMO.

Strong arse and legs on him. Much more important than big arms to contend with the likes you mentioned above. Those guys are also years older and more developed than Crispy.

Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Strong arse and legs on him. Much more important than big arms to contend with the likes you mentioned above. Those guys are also years older and more developed than Crispy.
his size and strength isnt his issue, more his ability to defend aerially. Doesn't read the flight well & will at times be exposed, though his pace, strength & the will not to be beaten is good.

cleomenes

Cancelled
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
his size and strength isnt his issue, more his ability to defend aerially. Doesn't read the flight well & will at times be exposed, though his pace, strength & the will not to be beaten is good.
I had doubts about his overhead ability too, but on the few occasions last year when he was called upon to compete one on one in the air he did well, so my fears were allayed. He is not Langdon overhead, but that is not his job. I now think that he is an excellent choice as a half back flanker. If they must move Maynard up the ground, then Crisp is the man to take over. I would like them both back there.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not that he will get too much senior time this year, but there are some big concerns about Blair's foot injury, its not getting any better

TIPPETT%20Kurt.png

Not that he will get too much senior time this year, but there are some big concerns about Blair's foot injury, its not getting any better

Not good for Blairy. I must have missed this, as I thought I saw him participating in training, for the two sessions I’ve attended.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Blair was in full training today.

Had a quick look this morning. They were doing match simulation with AFL umpires.

I always find it hard to tell the players apart when they're wearing caps.

A few blokes were being played in noteworthy positions.

Goldsack forward. De Goey forward. Trav Varcoe forward. Moore defence. Reid forward. Josh Smith forward (and was fairly prominent.)
McLarty ruckman against Grundy/Cox. Presumably because Lynch wasn't training.

Lots of turnovers that I didn't want to see. But it looked like they had done a fairly full on session by the time I got there so that might have been an explanation.

I was trying to keep an eye out for changes in the way we were playing. Nothing really stood out to me as an uneducated observer. Lots of quick transition but I put that down to the bruise free nature of play.
If I had to pick out something I'd say there were more attacking kicks into the corridor than I was used to seeing.

Individuals that stood out to me were Trav Varcoe. Looked in ripping nick. Treloar and Steele were the dominant kids

The most pleasing one for me was Aish. It was the most involved I've seen him at match sim. Not sure how it will translate into games but it's sort of restired my confidence in him. He did lots of one on one work with the coaches after the session.

Based on today I'd have Langdon ahead of Shaz for the second intercepting role, he was marking everything that came near him.
Shaz was taking kick ins for his team but I didn't notice him much other than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This will put Sydney in the free agent market big time now they have settled the contract with Tippett and he's off their books. Lynch??

Lynch isn't in it for the $ IMO.

If that was his motive he would have signed by now.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Just because you don't look like a brick house doesn't mean you aren't strong..

That’s quite true, but because I’m talking muscle not strength and comparing Crisp against those types, he’s unders! Look at his quads compared to Danger or Fyfe and he’s a long long way off currently...

Last edited:

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s quite true, but because I’m talking muscle not strength and comparing Crisp against those types, he’s unders! Look at his quads compared to Danger or Fyfe and he’s a long long way off currently...
Not really worried about how big his quads are.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Sydney have a way of attracting big money forwards. Plus the guarantee of finals due to the AFL helping them out annually with their list management.

The most pleasing one for me was Aish. It was the most involved I've seen him at match sim. Not sure how it will translate into games but it's sort of restired my confidence in him. He did lots of one on one work with the coaches after the session.

That good to Hear and Hope it does Translate to On-Field Performance.

Good to hear He and the Coaches are putting in Extra Time at Training

Goldsack forward. De Goey forward. Trav Varcoe forward. Moore defence. Reid forward. Josh Smith forward (and was fairly prominent.)
McLarty ruckman against Grundy/Cox. Presumably because Lynch wasn't training.

So we are Swapping with Forward Playing Back and Backs playing Forwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back