Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else is concerned about the way we are going into the 2018 season. To me once again, it just looks like a messy, unsettled beginning of a season. Injuries to key personnel and now De Goey suspended, it seems like the last 2 to 3 years when nothing has fallen our way at the start of the year.
Bucks l dont think in the last 3 years has had a injury free and controversial free start to a season. Again lm thinking the first 6 weeks of our season will decide our year, and in that first 6 weeks some key personnel could be missing. Wells, Howe, Moore, Elliott, Fasolo and De Goey (Def out) all struggling to get to round 1. Hopefully at least 50% of that group play R1.

I think its fair to say our preseason isnt running smoothly.:(

I think I've missed the Howe issue. Is he injured, or just not in 'full' training?

Who else is concerned about the way we are going into the 2018 season. To me once again, it just looks like a messy, unsettled beginning of a season. Injuries to key personnel and now De Goey suspended, it seems like the last 2 to 3 years when nothing has fallen our way at the start of the year.
Bucks l dont think in the last 3 years has had a injury free and controversial free start to a season. Again lm thinking the first 6 weeks of our season will decide our year, and in that first 6 weeks some key personnel could be missing. Wells, Howe, Moore, Elliott, Fasolo and De Goey (Def out) all struggling to get to round 1. Hopefully at least 50% of that group play R1.

I’m on board that it appears that things are starting to unravel, again, and it will continue whilst the leadership remains inactive, but I don’t quite share the same pessimism on individuals. The only guys I’d be ruling out of round 1 are JDG and Elliott. Of the others Wells is the other I’d be doubtful of getting up and that’s based purely on his history. The rest will make it, IMO.

Last edited:

I think I've missed the Howe issue. Is he injured, or just not in 'full' training?
He had a calf "niggle" but I believe he's now back in full training.

They mentioned a "nicked" calf. Based on established precedent that means he is about to be declared dead for tax purposes.

Hi all, please pardon the intrusion and apologies if I'm not posting in the right place, but how is Treloar's pre-season progressing? Does anyone have any insight into his slight drop in output last year? I'm surprised he's not being discussed in fantasy football circles very much as he is an out and out gun.
Any info would be appreciated. Cheers!

Hi all, please pardon the intrusion and apologies if I'm not posting in the right place, but how is Treloar's pre-season progressing? Does anyone have any insight into his slight drop in output last year? I'm surprised he's not being discussed in fantasy football circles very much as he is an out and out gun.
Was carrying a groin through most of the season last year. Apparently has had a good pre-season. Looks like he has put on some more muscle too going by the team photo shoot.

Still a month before our first game, enough time for Howe to fully recover and get some fitness leading into Round 1. It’s not as if he is sitting on the couch with a bucket of KFC- he will still be doing some fitness work. He only needs to play one JLT to get some match touch

To follow on from Soreplums’ comment I also think he was dealing with some personal stuff, idr what exactly but I think he broke up with his long time partner?

To follow on from Soreplums’ comment I also think he was dealing with some personal stuff, idr what exactly but I think he broke up with his long time partner?
I thought that was Fasolo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally disagree.

We want him on our books and want him to become a top shelf player.

Otherwise why bother?
It’s clear the club would rather not have him.

It’s clear the club would rather not have him.
How so?

If they didn’t want him they’d not bother as much.

Whether it’s the right way or wrong way; in reality the story has blown over.

Only the rusted on Collingwood types (like us) are still going over it.

Now the challenge is there for Jordan.

He’s not the first he won’t be the last lad.

Up to him to grab his talent and make football number one or just be an ok player and miss the opportunity.

Of course football may not be his number one, and one day he may regret it, or not.

How so?

Up to him to grab his talent and make football number one or just be an ok player and miss the opportunity.

Of course football may not be his number one, and one day he may regret it, or not.
We were talking about Chris Mayne.

We were talking about Chris Mayne.
My bad.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry all, I got the thread all mixed up.

On Mayne I wish him well.
Unsure how it will transpire for him, wish him well.

Unsure it will work out, but.

How so?

Pay attention you idiot :p
The discussion isn't about Jordy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back