Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its time we looked at how our medical staff handle rehab in particular soft tissue injuries; I may be wrong but I think we have a bad run with them compared to most teams. I also think that's why Linc wanted a fresh start.

I think its time we looked at how our medical staff handle rehab in particular soft tissue injuries; I may be wrong but I think we have a bad run with them compared to most teams. I also think that's why Linc wanted a fresh start.
Linc = foot injury, back injury, foot injury followed by hip and groin. Maybe he's just not built for football.

They aren’t obviously. But if the Brisbane medical staff get him to play a full season his first year there after so many injury interrupted seasons with us it’d be staggering...

I too wish him all the best. Has looked a handy player at times. But has missed so much football over the journey (and again this year, even). I don't think the club had much alternative than to let him try again elsewhere.

And no matter how astute the Brisbane medical staff might be, I'm not sure the harder grounds up here are going to make his quest for continuity in his footy any easier.

So if he chalks up even a dozen games for the Lions in '19, I'll be quite surprised.

We're to soft for some reason it's like we're our own worst enemy.
To many easy pay checks.
'We're to soft'. 'To many easy pay checks'.
Too much bad grammar. Don't let the Errorists win.

I for one am hoping that gaj has sat down with scotty and they both have decided that gaj needs to play forward from now on. Gaj has lost some speed so I rekon he needs to bulk up and turn into garry senior where he is almost impossible to tackle / take down and focus on that as his strength. I see way more upside for him going down this path. Oh and he should watch some tapes of his old man before playing as well...

I for one am hoping that gaj has sat down with scotty and they both have decided that gaj needs to play forward from now on. Gaj has lost some speed so I rekon he needs to bulk up and turn into garry senior where he is almost impossible to tackle / take down and focus on that as his strength. I see way more upside for him going down this path. Oh and he should watch some tapes of his old man before playing as well...

I would prefer to see Danger up forward. Gaz is a much better kick (would prefer Gaz kicking to Danger rather than the other way round) and while he may have lost a little speed, still knows how to win the ball. Anyway, I think they will both be used forward a bit as they look to give guys like Parfitt & Narkle more midfield time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer to see Danger up forward. Gaz is a much better kick (would prefer Gaz kicking to Danger rather than the other way round) and while he may have lost a little speed, still knows how to win the ball. Anyway, I think they will both be used forward a bit as they look to give guys like Parfitt & Narkle more midfield time.

Well i’d also like to see more of Danger as a forward but it’s no good if he’s kicking 2.5, horrendous kick of the footy.

The issue with GAJ playing forward, is I don’t think he would apply much pressure (like Menzel hey?), and would struggle with overhead marking because of his shoulder, but his incredible footy IQ would mean he would be dangerous and kick many goals IMO.

Well i’d also like to see more of Danger as a forward but it’s no good if he’s kicking 2.5, horrendous kick of the footy.

The issue with GAJ playing forward, is I don’t think he would apply much pressure (like Menzel hey?), and would struggle with overhead marking because of his shoulder, but his incredible footy IQ would mean he would be dangerous and kick many goals IMO.
so two negatives make a positive?

I was down at the club this morning and there were a few players walking into the rooms or out for a break/lunch.

Fogarty looks extra short when walking beside Sav & Buzza - the 3 were arriving/returning from getting refreshments.

Sav & Buzza also look very similar size wise - I was expecting Sav to be bigger but he didn't seem to be noticeable bigger.

Abbott & Cockatoo were taking a break - Cockatoo with no noticeable injury or issue with his calf; no strapping or bandage around either calf, no noticeable limp and he looked pretty relaxed. So the tightness he experienced last week doesn't seem to have any lingering issues this week

I was down at the club this morning and there were a few players walking into the rooms or out for a break/lunch.

Fogarty looks extra short when walking beside Sav & Buzza - the 3 were arriving/returning from getting refreshments.

Sav & Buzza also look very similar size wise - I was expecting Sav to be bigger but he didn't seem to be noticeable bigger.

Abbott & Cockatoo were taking a break - Cockatoo with no noticeable injury or issue with his calf; no strapping or bandage around either calf, no noticeable limp and he looked pretty relaxed. So the tightness he experienced last week doesn't seem to have any lingering issues this week

Collective unclenching.... feels good. :eek::oops::D

GO Catters

spell.jpg

Horrendous is such an exaggeration.

Danger is prone to shanking his kicks more often than some, but technically his good kicks are still good kicks. The legend of him being a bad kick has long left any sense of reality behind it.

Horrendous is such an exaggeration.

Danger is prone to shanking his kicks more often than some, but technically his good kicks are still good kicks. The legend of him being a bad kick has long left any sense of reality behind it.
Danger sprays his kicks at times when running full steam... and fair enough too, he's going like a freight train.

Danger sprays his kicks at times when running full steam... and fair enough too, he's going like a freight train.

And in his game against the Hawks at the G a few years ago he missed goals from standing shots inside 30 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back