Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20190220-215046_Chrome.jpg

Mark Blicavs nicknamed himself brown fang ? anyone heard this before or is someone taking the piss

I'm hoping it was an oversight more than anything or the opinion of the author. I think Constable will get a crack in the JLT series.

The secret lol match sim today between north and geelong says he played quite a lot of midfield constable.

Name keeps bobbing up although not a lot of space in the midfield so it will be interesting if he can also slot into other areas of the ground

The secret lol match sim today between north and geelong says he played quite a lot of midfield constable.

Name keeps bobbing up although not a lot of space in the midfield so it will be interesting if he can also slot into other areas of the ground
Yeah, as good as he performs, I still do not see him getting a game in the seniors. Once Kelly is traded, Scooter and GAJ retires, Selwood to defence, then he will be playing for sure. So my best guess is we see a cameo this season from him with a couple of games if there are injuries, but I'd expect him to be a regular Best 22 by 2020.

No matter the age ... a lack of continuity indicates a suspect body ... he apparently has done his best PS while he has been at Geelong... lets see if he stays fit to play week after week , month after month.... he has played 14 odd games each season the last two years ... will he play more than that this year?

I think there's a few factors that might line up for him having a good year, but for pick 61 no one should be too concerned if it doesn't work out.

I think there's a few factors that might line up for him having a good year, but for pick 61 no one should be too concerned if it doesn't work out.

I thought the comment was about SSelwood..not Rohan. SS is 29 in march , Rohan is 27

..but in a way both him similar potential ..their best is very good , best22 standard but there are doubts about how long they can stay fit. SS has never done a full PreSeason before but apparently is as fit as he has ever been at Geelong.

Last edited:
Interesting how the AFL website were referring to the Geelong-North shindig yesterday as a practice match, but in the Boris interview on the GFC website, he referred to it as a joint training session.

Interesting how the AFL website were referring to the Geelong-North shindig yesterday as a practice match, but in the Boris interview on the GFC website, he referred to it as a joint training session.

He said it was training intensity.

Yeah, as good as he performs, I still do not see him getting a game in the seniors. Once Kelly is traded, Scooter and GAJ retires, Selwood to defence, then he will be playing for sure. So my best guess is we see a cameo this season from him with a couple of games if there are injuries, but I'd expect him to be a regular Best 22 by 2020.

You don't expect Constable to play a senior game this year???? I'll be gobsmacked if this turns out to be true....

You don't expect Constable to play a senior game this year???? I'll be gobsmacked if this turns out to be true....
With Ablett expected to play forward and with Selwood tipped to spend more time out of the square I find it hard not to see Constable featuring at some point. The club has already stated that they're prepared to give some of the younger players more midfield minutes so I expect to see Constable as well as Parfitt playing through there at stages.

He was the emergency for several weeks early in the season last year too. I can't see any situation in which he doesn't debut in the first half of the season, unless of course from injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess with Dangerfield, Selwood, Scooter**, Kelly, Menegola, Duncan, Parfitt, Narkle, Dahlhaus probably ahead of Constable for the inside midfield roles at the moment, I can only see him playing a handful of games this season. He may get more games if we have injuries or his form is exceptional that it takes others out of the team.

Next year however, I would expect Constable to be a permanent feature as an inside midfielder, especially if we lose Kelly, and I would be hoping Selwood is played elsewhere on the ground and Scooter retires.

I don't expect Constable playing on the outside on the Wing at all, I don't think he has the pace for it. I suspect blokes like Duncan, Kelly, Parfitt, Narkle, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Tuohy, O'Connor and maybe even Clark could play the outside Wing roles.

** Rightly or wrongly, he still seems to be one of Scotty's favourites and will get the selection ahead of Constable for now.

I could see all of Fort, Atkins, Miers and Chook being paid AFL game payments this year.

GO Catters
I agree, although, I think Chook might only get anywhere from 4-10 games this year, depending on injuries and his form.
Fort probably +10 games.
Miers and Atkins will be battling out for the small forward role, probably anywhere from 6-12 games each. I think these two may jump ahead of the likes of Simpson, Parsons and Jones; especially whilst Cockatoo and Fogarty remain on the injury list.

I agree, although, I think Chook might only get anywhere from 4-10 games this year, depending on injuries and his form.
Fort probably +10 games.
Miers and Atkins will be battling out for the small forward role, probably anywhere from 6-12 games each.

I left off Clark but there seems to be strong winds for him too....

Getting 5 newbies games after the recent spate of new players getting games would continue the trend.

GO Catters

I left off Clark but there seems to be strong winds for him too....

Getting 5 newbies games after the recent spate of new players getting games would continue the trend.

GO Catters
I think Clark would be an ideal attacking defender, the like that would sweep all the messy ground balls and provide the counter-attack. With Tuohy and Stewart mainly doing this so far, then maybe Clark could be a defensive rotation off the bench and play higher on the wing also. He might be a versatile player from the inter-change even in season 1.

I thought the comment was about SSelwood..not Rohan. SS is 29 in march , Rohan is 27

..but in a way both him similar potential ..their best is very good , best22 standard but there are doubts about how long they can stay fit. SS has never done a full PreSeason before but apparently is as fit as he has ever been at Geelong.
Ss isnt best 22

Depth player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back