Pre Season 2020

If I was ever going to turn it would be for one of the Swallow brothers, both great guys and handsome enough to be the next James Bond

although Swallow David Swallow, sounds like its from a different kind of movie

Birdwatching?

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots

Good content here, all the boys look pretty happy.

Connor Budarick looks and sounds like David Swallow 2.0, hopefully Dave takes him under his wing and follows his path in Leadership and consistency... and best 22
Yes! I thought the exact same thing. Uncanny.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yes! I thought the exact same thing. Uncanny.
I think we've got a really good group of young kids.
Budarick, Riordan both speak very well - I've been impressed by their maturity.
Rankine brings the spark
Apparently Noah anderson is quite outgoing too.
A great mix.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
I think we've got a really good group of young kids.
Budarick, Riordan both speak very well - I've been impressed by their maturity.
Rankine brings the spark
Apparently Noah anderson is quite outgoing too.
A great mix.
I'm pumped for Riordan. He might get games next year.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If I was ever going to turn it would be for one of the Swallow brothers, both great guys and handsome enough to be the next James Bond

although Swallow David Swallow, sounds like its from a different kind of movie

I’ve already turned for them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I just gave Tom Nicholls a huge wrap for his work on the Coast. A much greater volume than Smith who cut and run. Well done Tom, gave up time especially for Child Protection Charity without fanfare and was a one club legend. What a terrific fella.

And now we once again already have the Christian Brigade getting all sensitive about calling out Smith and his time holding hands with The Little Wierdo and burning incense and now wanting a super top up and a job.

So the decision to bring him back has already caused division.

Iva and Bods having personal remarks made at us for daring to not call Zac “I’m off to Geelong, this is too hard” Smith as anything other than a Saint.

Good job getting him back and worse still our tradeing for him has enabled the Handbaggers to be much stronger as they got Jack Stephen with the pick.

What a shocker.

Meanwhile Greenwood, Day, Swallow etc sweltered today with the kids but St Zac was nowhere.

Well done our real Suns
Mate can you shut up. You don't know the guy well enough to say anything about him and what kind of person he is, let alaone his religion. Mate if you're hating on everyone who left the club because it was too hard you'd be able to make another 18 team league. We've been s**t for a long time and you can't blame a lot of these players for wanting more. Let me ask you, would you enjoy your job if every time you went to work you were belted around and told that everything you do was absolute s**t. How long would you last there. Would you do it for your team when your boss (eg. rodney eade) doesnt even care about you unless youre eating out of the palm of his hand. I believe we've turned the coorner now but we don't know what a lot of these players had to go through cause a lot o us never will have the media and fans and everything going after us. Pull your head in mate

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mate can you shut up. You don't know the guy well enough to say anything about him and what kind of person he is, let alaone his religion. Mate if you're hating on everyone who left the club because it was too hard you'd be able to make another 18 team league. We've been s**t for a long time and you can't blame a lot of these players for wanting more. Let me ask you, would you enjoy your job if every time you went to work you were belted around and told that everything you do was absolute s**t. How long would you last there. Would you do it for your team when your boss (eg. rodney eade) doesnt even care about you unless youre eating out of the palm of his hand. I believe we've turned the coorner now but we don't know what a lot of these players had to go through cause a lot o us never will have the media and fans and everything going after us. Pull your head in mate

Triple Mated!!!
I’ll answer your question-yes I would if I made a commitment to something because I’m not a fan of quitting.
I’ve lived it too so I know I can back it up.
I was part of a team that saw a workplace turn around from a very dark place to being highly successful. It’s an awesome thing.
I find your post very aggressive, I’d happily at a pub find it very appropriate to tell people I’m drinking with that I am not a fan of Smith coming back but if you then responded like that by telling me to shut up and triple mateing me and saying pull my head in there would be an incident.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
honestly who gives a fu** about his beliefs or anything. He is one of us again and we should back him and support him as a person and a player while he is a member of our football club. That's how it works

My issue as is well documented is two fold
A-the cutting and running.
B-the division of the dressing room from those days. No different to how there was a party group then too that was divisive.

I’ve moved on but If people want to then bang at me aggressively then Newton’s Laws will apply.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
My issue as is well documented is two fold
A-the cutting and running.
B-the division of the dressing room from those days. No different to how there was a party group then too that was divisive.

I’ve moved on but If people want to then bang at me aggressively then Newton’s Laws will apply.
The division of the playing group was lead by Ablett and our so called leaders from back then. Zac is a stand up person and wouldn't be the cause of division nor the blame.
We have the correct people in the leadership positions and nothing like that will happen again,
Not arguing with you Boddsy just speaking my opinion

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The division of the playing group was lead by Ablett and our so called leaders from back then. Zac is a stand up person and wouldn't be the cause of division nor the blame.
We have the correct people in the leadership positions and nothing like that will happen again,
Not arguing with you Boddsy just speaking my opinion

I don’t want to bang on about it at all. I really want to rule a line. It’s extremely low on my list of Suns related care factors. Close to negligible.

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Triple Mated!!!
I’ll answer your question-yes I would if I made a commitment to something because I’m not a fan of quitting.
I’ve lived it too so I know I can back it up.
I was part of a team that saw a workplace turn around from a very dark place to being highly successful. It’s an awesome thing.
I find your post very aggressive, I’d happily at a pub find it very appropriate to tell people I’m drinking with that I am not a fan of Smith coming back but if you then responded like that by telling me to shut up and triple mateing me and saying pull my head in there would be an incident.
Big whoop I triple mated you. I'm Australian, deal with it. You're having a go at people for believing in god and as soon as someone calls you out you play the violins for yourself. It is aggressive because to be frank, a lot of the stuff you comment on here is pretty negative and not really justified. Talk about your fantasy pub fight all you want like you did nothing wrong. You called the people having a nice conversation on here about our pre season "the christian brigade"saying we're all sensitive and burning incense holding hands with him. If you said that to a christian guy in a pub you'd get your teeth knocked out. Of course I'm angry, this isn't the place to go out and personally attack a player about his values. And with him leaving, you have no clue what he went through or what happened, what any of his circumstances were... I wouldn't think you go to church with him so I doubt you know him personally, right? That;'s just how I feel. You can dislike him but don't sh*t on him and everyone like him for their personal beliefs and morals

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Big whoop I triple mated you. I'm Australian, deal with it. You're having a go at people for believing in god and as soon as someone calls you out you play the violins for yourself. It is aggressive because to be frank, a lot of the stuff you comment on here is pretty negative and not really justified. Talk about your fantasy pub fight all you want like you did nothing wrong. You called the people having a nice conversation on here about our pre season "the christian brigade"saying we're all sensitive and burning incense holding hands with him. If you said that to a christian guy in a pub you'd get your teeth knocked out. Of course I'm angry, this isn't the place to go out and personally attack a player about his values. And with him leaving, you have no clue what he went through or what happened, what any of his circumstances were... I wouldn't think you go to church with him so I doubt you know him personally, right? That;'s just how I feel. You can dislike him but don't sh*t on him and everyone like him for their personal beliefs and morals

Prayer meetings in the dressing room to separate factions in the team are as divisive as having separate meetings based on other points of difference. Off you go and behave yourself.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Prayer meetings in the dressing room to separate factions in the team are as divisive as having separate meetings based on other points of difference. Off you go and behave yourself.
That’s so stupid.
Why does it have to be divisive to have people with different beliefs within a team.

I don’t think everyone makes as big of a deal with it as others..

So what, those that believe in god can have their meetings,

The indigenous boys probably spend time with just each other

Those that like basketball will talk nba

If you’re not a believer in those things then why would you care if those people are discussing their beliefs.

I would have to think our playing group has taken a more progressive and frankly mature approach to this than some..

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I thought it was well reported that there ended up being a lot of divisions in the playing group after a few years that the group was unable to get over when, you know, actually playing footy.

It was one reason among many why, instead of pushing for finals based on talent we went into the toilet and did not come out for a few years. It was also one of the supposed failings of our captain at the time. One of the jobs of the captain is to get the players going in the same direction when it comes to footy, not make any natural divisions in the playing group worse.

What the divisions were based on does not matter. Every good team makes it work. I suspect most great teams even turn the differences in personalities and lifestyle and beliefs amongst the playing and coaching group into a positive.

Back