Pre Season 2020

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I thought it was well reported that there ended up being a lot of divisions in the playing group after a few years that the group was unable to get over when, you know, actually playing footy.

It was one reason among many why, instead of pushing for finals based on talent we went into the toilet and did not come out for a few years. It was also one of the supposed failings of our captain at the time. One of the jobs of the captain is to get the players going in the same direction when it comes to footy, not make any natural divisions in the playing group worse.

What the divisions were based on does not matter. Every good team makes it work. I suspect most great teams even turn the differences in personalities and lifestyle and beliefs amongst the playing and coaching group into a positive.
Having 40 listed players that are clones of each other is not good for personal growth.
I encourage diversity within the group - as long as it is used for positive rather than negative experiences.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought it was well reported that there ended up being a lot of divisions in the playing group after a few years that the group was unable to get over when, you know, actually playing footy.

It was one reason among many why, instead of pushing for finals based on talent we went into the toilet and did not come out for a few years. It was also one of the supposed failings of our captain at the time. One of the jobs of the captain is to get the players going in the same direction when it comes to footy, not make any natural divisions in the playing group worse.

What the divisions were based on does not matter. Every good team makes it work. I suspect most great teams even turn the differences in personalities and lifestyle and beliefs amongst the playing and coaching group into a positive.
FWIW I don’t think Gaz failed as a captain because he’s a Christian. Many of history’s greatest leaders have been Christians.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Instead of talking about this pre season, we talk about past, we can't change the past. I don't agree getting smith but if the management think is the right move is up to them.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The only thing you get from looking back is a sore neck......time to move on, people.....Challenge Accepted.

Yes indeed but you do need to learn from the past.
I’m happy to move on and I did say that in terms of my Suns priorities this is close to negligible.
The Karmichael Hunt “golf trip” crew have as much to own from that crap period in our formative history as the GAblett “god squad” does.
I’m sure the squad and staff are well aware of not letting that sort of thing occur again.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
The only thing you get from looking back is a sore neck......time to move on, people.....Challenge Accepted.
100% Choppers, The only thing we're going to achieve looking back on the McKenna/Eade eras is a stiff neck and an urge to drink to forget.

Baby come back :hearteyes:

Can't believe I gotta say this in bloody November with nothing going on - EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!

Or at the very least just ignore people you have an issue with, The only thing petty arguments are going to get you are days off and if you really happen to catch me in a bad mood - Points.

I'm focusing on work and my side hobby until the end of February, SUNS is off doing pirate things. We don't want to come in here and find the place on fire guys. Save it for the season when we're going to have W's to post about and opposition trolls to have to tell to get stuffed.

Cheers.

I'm the first to admit I'm hopeless at social media so I never know who or what I'm supposed to be seeing, but is that Jack Bowes?
Surely not unless he's taking some extra beastly supplements in the past 8 weeks to you know make him totally and extra beastly

It sure is Jack Bowes

Today:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Bowes has the perfect physique for an AFL on-baller now
Hopefully will convert to regular match winning games in 2020
I reckon he is in for a big year. Should have his tank right up to scratch now, and he looks to have the power through the upper body to make a difference. Exciting times

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I reckon he is in for a big year. Should have his tank right up to scratch now, and he looks to have the power through the upper body to make a difference. Exciting times
Don't know why but got this weird feeling brodie going to have a bigger year than Bowes, maybe nobody expect much of Will.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I expect both of them to have a big year. They are going to almost be first choice midfielders if there isn’t any setbacks
I also expect improvement from Bowes and Brodie in 2020 but I still think 1 more year for them to really take over our midfield. Just hope they can stay healthy.

I can't believe how much bigger Bowesy looks this off season.

2018 preseason

642154-tlslargeportrait.jpg

2019 preseason

74657c3b-4947-45ce-94d9-df4623151f8e-png.774520

Gcsuns_Gourami

Debutant
Oct 13, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
who do you guys think is our best trade prospect. At first I thought brandon ellis but hugh greenwood is such a great guy and club man and so eager to learn I'm leaning towards him. It might be because we haven't seen ellis yet at training, I'm sure next week we'll see and well be able to tell better

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
who do you guys think is our best trade prospect. At first I thought brandon ellis but hugh greenwood is such a great guy and club man and so eager to learn I'm leaning towards him. It might be because we haven't seen ellis yet at training, I'm sure next week we'll see and well be able to tell better
For me easily Greenwood provided he can stay healthy and have a full preseason (never had before). He has elite skills inside.

Last edited:
Back