Pre Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Weller in the front group, im Hearing that Martin wasn’t supposed to be there but Someone dropped a $50 note at the finish line and he came from nowhere to blitz the field and then kept running

been hanging out with Gaz too much

It may mean nothing but Hugh Greenwood was wearing #21 kit, Maybe an easter egg there

He Started as #20 then moved to #1. Bit in that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm almost giddy! Time to believe there might be competition for the best 22 in 2020. With Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Ellis, Greenwood and maybe one or two more looking like being in the starting line up - the competition for spots will be extreme. A few 'regular' ins from last year would be a little nervous right now. Rory coming back is another link.

The NEAFL team should be much stronger as well which can only help overall.

That means at least 6 or 7 from last year might find it hard to hold their spots. Any thoughts?

I'm almost giddy! Time to believe there might be competition for the best 22 in 2020. With Rankine, Rowell, Anderson, Ellis, Greenwood and maybe one or two more looking like being in the starting line up - the competition for spots will be extreme. A few 'regular' ins from last year would be a little nervous right now. Rory coming back is another link.

The NEAFL team should be much stronger as well which can only help overall.

That means at least 6 or 7 from last year might find it hard to hold their spots. Any thoughts?
Try to post your best 22. I found out it's quite difficult to decide.

Try to post your best 22. I found out it's quite difficult to decide.
I'm sure it is...but I'm waiting until the draft and then start looking at the possible best 22. I already have some names that might be up for the chop but will hold off for a while yet. I am hopeful though that with this influx of talent, we'll be far more competitive in 2020.

I'm sure it is...but I'm waiting until the draft and then start looking at the possible best 22. I already have some names that might be up for the chop but will hold off for a while yet. I am hopeful though that with this influx of talent, we'll be far more competitive in 2020.
Our defence has been admirable under extreme duress, and should hopefully be stronger with Rory and Collins back.

Our forward line is still young and inexperienced but with a lot of potential. Really looking forward to seeing how Ben King develops and how Izak makes us more dangerous once the ball is on the deck.

But mostly I’m looking forward to seeing how our midfield goes with more depth and class. Our first string mids have been generally competitive but when we’ve been forced to play our second stringers against the opposition’s best we’ve unraveled. Even with a few injuries we should be much stronger next year. This should alleviate the pressure on our backline and help generate more F50 entries which should mean more scores - YAY :p....

sounds great in theory anyway. Then Round 5 hits and it all comes apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back