Pre Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on, back in the early days we didn’t have anywhere near to bodies inside to protect the young fellas
Michael Rischitelli - wiry and tough but not protecting anyone.
Daniel Harris - slow as a wet week
Jared Brennan - yeah..
Danny Stanley
Josh Fraser

These were the only mature guys playing midfield from year 1.

Swallow, Bowes, Greenwood, Miles, Fiorini, Miller, Ellis, Witts, Brodie, Lemmens, Macpherson, Weller - all 22-27 and solid bodies will be playing midfield minutes this year.

Michael Rischitelli - wiry and tough but not protecting anyone.
Daniel Harris - slow as a wet week
Jared Brennan - yeah..
Danny Stanley
Josh Fraser

These were the only mature guys playing midfield from year 1.

Swallow, Bowes, Greenwood, Miles, Fiorini, Miller, Ellis, Witts, Brodie, Lemmens, Macpherson, Weller - all 22-27 and solid bodies will be playing midfield minutes this year.
forgot the captain there ;)

How is Will Brodie coming along? Got his fitness up yet? Seems to kill it in the NEAFL but struggles to stay in the game a bit at AFL level? Surely this is the break out year for the big fella!?

How is Will Brodie coming along? Got his fitness up yet? Seems to kill it in the NEAFL but struggles to stay in the game a bit at AFL level? Surely this is the break out year for the big fella!?
Was best on ground in last week's practice match against brisbane. Hopefully he has a breakout year.

Was best on ground in last week's practice match against brisbane. Hopefully he has a breakout year.

Thanks mate. I feel like he deserves to dominate. Highly rated junior who has had to suck up accepting he has some deficiencies. Forced to work on the in the NEAFL seemingly forever and still managed to stick around when most 21 year olds would sulk it up and bugger off to another club. Good to see and I hope he kills it this year.

Thanks mate. I feel like he deserves to dominate. Highly rated junior who has had to suck up accepting he has some deficiencies. Forced to work on the in the NEAFL seemingly forever and still managed to stick around when most 21 year olds would sulk it up and bugger off to another club. Good to see and I hope he kills it this year.
Hope so. With Miles out, the spot is there I reckon. Reminds me a bit like Sier. That real bull inside.

Only had 1 game where he had under 20 disposals last year, 5.5 tackles and 4.5 clearances a game, I thought he was a positive for us, injuries hurt him. Not to say that I dont think he won't improve on that this year but I'm happy enough with his projection, he's only had 3 seasons so far, probably 2 years away from his prime.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Morning hope you are all well.
Just after details of park and ride if any tonight.
If not does anyone have any parking recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Morning hope you are all well.
Just after details of park and ride if any tonight.
If not does anyone have any parking recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Free shuttle bus services run from Nerang Station, Broadbeach South Station and Boowaggan Road Park'n'Ride (see below) from approx 2 hour prior to centre bounce. Buses to return to these locations are avaialble immediately following the match outside Metricon Stadium.

Better.....still in front. Collins makes a huge difference down back. Rowell busy and looks the goods. Buderick doing a bit as well. Wright taken two strong marks....whew! Good team effort so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking will improve, players like Mclennan clearly show NEAFL just not a good place for their development. AFL level is just too fast for some of them.

Played pretty damn well last night too.
Really hoping he gets an extended run at it this year.
He just needs to be picked every week
I always thought Will was the reason Lyons was punted up the road- he was the improved ready made 10 year replacement
Problem is he's got Rowell and Anderson to compete with now
But I think his main rival is Touk

He just needs to be picked every week
I always thought Will was the reason Lyons was punted up the road- he was the improved ready made 10 year replacement
Problem is he's got Rowell and Anderson to compete with now
But I think his main rival is Touk
It’s going to be hard fitting all that talent into the midfield

From last nights team Rankine Fiorini and Harbrow need places - that is serious AFL talent right there
It's obviously why Jack Bowes is coming off half-back - not sure that will end well though
Jesse Joyce won't keep his spot over Harbs

This became obviously to me last night when Swallow and co. spent a decent amount of time outside the midfield but that's exactly how we should be playing with capable mids rotating through our forward and back lines. Perhaps for the first time in our history, we may have to place a very good player in the NEAFL due to a lack of available positions. Of the draftees I believe Anderson, Rowell and Budarick have done enough to earn round 1 selection. Sharp probably loses his position even though I'd like to see him stay in the team as I feel he's getting better with more game time. We have to find a spot for Fiorini and that's probably where Sharp gets unlucky.

Now let's back up this performance against Adelaide in two weeks and then they'll really have me hooked going into round 1.

From last nights team Rankine Fiorini and Harbrow need places - that is serious AFL talent right there
It's obviously why Jack Bowes is coming off half-back - not sure that will end well though
Jesse Joyce won't keep his spot over Harbs
Bowes seemed to sit on Ablett all night and I thought did a reasonable job on him.

Dew talking about some guys will be unlucky to miss out is absolutely right.

No doubt the 18-30th best players are so much better than previous years.

fingers crossed for no injuries, but no much more confident in those next men up in the inevitability this occurs.

I have seen a couple of new dawns with the Club but in my opinion for talent across the park we are in the best position we have ever been in
The midfield potential we have is superior to 2014 - because after Swallow Ablett O'Meara and Prestia(who is a good average midfielder only)it dropped away pretty sharply
This year we will field Swallow Fiorini Greenwood Ellis Ainsworth Miller Rowell Anderson Brodie Bowes
I know it's debatable but I think the class of 2020 defeats 2014
If we keep this group together 2021 could be our best ever season
We need one more reliable KPD
Can you imagine players like Russell, Mav Weller, Wilkinson,Shaw,Broughton,Taylor getting close to this team?

edit : shout out to Riska..but again good average player

I have seen a couple of new dawns with the Club but in my opinion for talent across the park we are in the best position we have ever been in
The midfield potential we have is superior to 2014 - because after Swallow Ablett O'Meara and Prestia(who is a good average midfielder only)it dropped away pretty sharply
This year we will field Swallow Fiorini Greenwood Ellis Ainsworth Miller Rowell Anderson Brodie Bowes
I know it's debatable but I think the class of 2020 defeats 2014
If we keep this group together 2021 could be our best ever season
We need one more reliable KPD
Can you imagine players like Russell, Mav Weller, Wilkinson,Shaw,Broughton,Taylor getting close to this team?

edit : shout out to Riska..but again good average player
Agree except for the Prestia bit (he did win a B&F in a premiership team). I love the way the list and club are shaping up. It may not translate into a many more wins this year but our losses are going to look more competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back