Training Pre-season 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggie5

Apr 3, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

Brazill will miss the opening weeks of the AFLW season when in London with the Diamonds but is committed to playing both the footy season and a full Super Netball tournament before, she hopes, heading to the Commonwealth Games.

“Collingwood work really closely with the Diamonds as well over this. I know that netball and footy catch up and talk and I think in the end, they all want the best for me and (for me) not to get injured,” she said.

“I’ll definitely be managed on the way back in. I know both coaches want me for the full season so it’s just going to be a process of how my body reacts coming back and working me back into the system.”

Ash Brazill never doubted her ability to return from what for many would have been a career-ending knee injury.
But to have worked her way back into the Australian netball fold less than two years after rupturing her ACL playing in the AFLW has been “shocking”.
Brazill is among five midcourters announced by the Diamonds for their quad series tour of England in January, joining captain Liz Watson, Kate Moloney, Paige Hadley and Jamie-Lee Price in the squad.
“Less than two years ago, doing my ACL and having my first season back last year, I honestly didn’t even think I’d make the squad let alone the team to go travel to England,” the Collingwood Magpies player said.
“So I was probably in a little bit of shock. I’ve only just recently had a clean-out of my knee as well, so I was in shock and excited all at once.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad