Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Yep, thought the same thing!

How's Finn's contested marking? Might take Toby's place up front for the first 5 weeks?
Actually pretty strong for a midfielder, but he's athletic enough that he's usually outleaping or beating opponents with speed to get the mark, my only concern would be that he hasn't played a whole heap as a forward, so Bruhn is probably better suited

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Actually pretty strong for a midfielder, but he's athletic enough that he's usually outleaping or beating opponents with speed to get the mark, my only concern would be that he hasn't played a whole heap as a forward, so Bruhn is probably better suited
Will be interesting the calls they make with no Toby - questions on all of Hill, Daniels, Lloyd & Bruhn. And do they want to just settle Finn onto a wing and best utilise his disposal into F50.

Of course - all lot depends on how everyone goes in pre-season training. Still, nice to think he has skills to do it if we want to try him out.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Yep, thought the same thing!

How's Finn's contested marking? Might take Toby's place up front for the first 5 weeks?
Finn looks massive, knew he was tall but seeing him next to KPP really puts it into perspective. Hope he's utilised as a winger or as more of a play creator rather then a play finisher, think we're probably short a damaging ball user or two out of the midfield and he fits that role for us. Really excited to see year 2 Bruhn and Stone hoping they can both lockdown consistent spots in the senior side.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Yep and a club record.
impressive, is there more information on this somewhere.

looks like Taranto, JKelly, Toby, Whitfield and Cogs in 2 to 6.

Great to see the senior guys come back in top shape.

Interesting to see the times they ran knowing that Fahey and Callaghan ran very close to 6 minutes in testing and were outside these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic pokiesmon

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
impressive, is there more information on this somewhere.

looks like Taranto, JKelly, Toby, Whitfield and Cogs in 2 to 6.

Great to see the senior guys come back in top shape.

Interesting to see the times they ran knowing that Fahey and Callaghan ran very close to 6 minutes in testing and were outside these guys.
I couldn't see Callaghan in this footage?.Good to see Lachie Keefe back.He must be fair way ahead of schedule.Also great to see Cogs back..I know Jessie has had his injuries but I remember commentators raving about his ability to get up and back on the field a few years back.Looks from this footage he brought up rear which surprises me a bit.Then again we might be a fit bunch so hard to know unless we know times.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I couldn't see Callaghan in this footage?
Callaghan was training in the Taranto footage, so was there on the day. But even stopping the 2km run footage, I can't identify him on the track at any point. I think that's Fahey finishing behind Whitfield (he did a 5:59 on Strava so should have been around the frontrunners) and later on the ground - so perhaps 6th rather than Cogs (Cogs was just behind Whitfield earlier).

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
First thoughts:
Super impressive from Hamilton. I don’t think we did 2km runs when scully was with us so not sure if he is as quick… anyone know?

leon loves kids who can run… and he is a solid build for an 18year old. If he is accountable and is a half decent kick he could get a few games next year.

Taranto is an aerobic beast. He barely looked tired at the end. He is in for a big year I reckon.

Fahey ran well…. Finished behind Whitfield. He’ll need to put on a lot of size in the upper body before he gets a game.

Hogans aerobic capacity has been badly affected by his ongoing injuries. With his contested marking I can see him becoming more and more of a stay at home full forward.

Keeffe doing the running is positive. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was ready to return by Round 1.

Look forward to their 2km after Xmas when everyone goes together… Angwin, Hamilton etc… will be interesting.

Able to regain weight which was lost from his liver injury.
I wonder if he will play forward more this year, he plays well on every line.
Although he could play forward, I'd rather him kicking it inside 50 to someone else.
Either half back or wing I think is where he gives us most value.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Able to regain weight which was lost from his liver injury.
I wonder if he will play forward more this year, he plays well on every line.
Don't mind the idea of him playing a simlar role to what we see Llyod play as a half forward linking player that is more so setting up players but still being a goal kicker. He's such an elite player that we can't really go wrong with where he's going to play, I think it's best to take advantage of his versatility and move him around like a chess piece as long as he's able to fluctuate between the multiple roles (don't think he'll have any issues).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back