Preview Pre-Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

When are players due back?
Haven’t seen any time frames.
Don’t they usually go on break from a week after the draft until beginning of Jan? I could be completely wrong. More than likely.
Im sure I saw an article (but I can't find it) that had early year players returning early Dec

Dates are stickied in our list management thread. COVID may have caused us to adjust return dates, or because we made finals we might be a touch later:

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday December 19 - Sunday January 9

Who do you think will make up the top 5 of the 2km time trial when everyone’s back?

I’m going with:
Angwin
Hamilton
Kelly
Taranto
Whitfield

Who do you think will make up the top 5 of the 2km time trial when everyone’s back?

I’m going with:
Angwin
Hamilton
Kelly
Taranto
Whitfield
you’d think Callaghan might be up there
And Fahey, too. You'd hope he & Finn would be keen to impress first up.

So, tomorrow's 2km run will be missing the older statesmen Kelly, Taranto & Whitfield (presumably). I reckon, Angwin Hamilton Fahey Callaghan O'Halloran likely in the top finishers.

And Fahey, too. You'd hope he & Finn would be keen to impress first up.

So, tomorrow's 2km run will be missing the older statesmen Kelly, Taranto & Whitfield (presumably). I reckon, Angwin Hamilton Fahey Callaghan O'Halloran likely in the top finishers.
That ll be pretty close.

Draftees not taking part, is that usual for us?

Looking through the instagram story and Vruhn is looking bigger 👀
View attachment 1289365
Maybe the proximity of the Draft to the training session combined with the Covid restrictions might hae made it difficult for them to be there.

who won that??
Article here - GIANTS Hit the Track (gwsgiants.com.au)

1st - Lachie Ash
2nd - Xavier O'Halloran
3rd - Jake Riccardi
4th - Tom Green
5th - Conor Stone

PBs by Keiran Briggs and Cam Fleeton.

Draftees didn't run, but were there - arrived on Saturday. Article says they and a couple of others who sat out today will run next week with the whole group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st - Lachie Ash
2nd - Xavier O'Halloran
3rd - Jake Riccardi
4th - Tom Green
5th - Conor Stone

Draftees didn't run, but were there - arrived on Saturday. Article says they and a couple of others who sat out today will run next week with the whole group.
Love how Tom Green seems an aerobic gun

1st - Lachie Ash
2nd - Xavier O'Halloran
3rd - Jake Riccardi
4th - Tom Green
5th - Conor Stone

No mention of Angwin, you'd expect he'd be solidly in the top 5 if there, wonder if he was unavailable for some reason

No mention of Angwin, you'd expect he'd be solidly in the top 5 if there, wonder if he was unavailable for some reason
The article mentioned a few guys sat out for unspecified reasons. We did have one guy test positive for COVID - unnamed. Just trying to recall if I saw his face anywhere in the video - but I don't think so, so he might have been missing.

Oh man, imagine Tom Green with a tank on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back