Preview Pre-Season 2022

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Cheers, thanks for the correction.

Lazy of me - I clicked the link in the story to the GWS website's jumper number history, which said they're all vacant at the moment! And didn't think to check.

I'll edit that comment out of my previous post.
I did exactly the same thing!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Finally, Cooper's number & handover on twitter:
Cooper #.PNG

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Interesting that Towner and not Finlayson handed over #31.

View attachment 1296663

maybe, but they dragged Jacksh out of who knows where to do the 34 - in fact Buntine and Buckley were the only ‘most recent‘ wearers of the jumper to do the video message. Everyone else had someone wear the jumper after them and before the new guys.

must say, really liked how they did it too. I love how our club handles these sorts of things.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Is Callaghan still restricted with his foot? He has foot sesamoiditis issues which were managed through the year and haven’t seen him much on the track yet?
From the little photos we've seen he seems to be participating in team drills, it's difficult to know if he's doing everything or only parts of it just because we aren't there but he seems to be doing at least something which is about as much as we can say for anyone.

Last edited:

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I hope so. If Jesse can play regularly, going on the glimpses in this season just gone, he can get our forward line to the next level.
He played really well whenever he did play think it's just a matter of keeping him fit and in the best 22 and if that means giving him rest weeks to make sure his body is right then that's whats gotta be done

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
He played really well whenever he did play think it's just a matter of keeping him fit and in the best 22 and if that means giving him rest weeks to make sure his body is right then that's whats gotta be done
He did have a few kicking yips - some weeks passing off to someone else when he should have taken the shot - but overall marked well and kicked well enough (20 g, 9 b @ 2.2 goals per game). I agree if he can only play 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 because he needs a week off to freshen up, then so be it - prefer to have him 75 or 80% than break down mid-season and only get 50% of the year.

Back