Preview Pre-Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
He did have a few kicking yips - some weeks passing off to someone else when he should have taken the shot - but overall marked well and kicked well enough (20 g, 9 b @ 2.2 goals per game). I agree if he can only play 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 because he needs a week off to freshen up, then so be it - prefer to have him 75 or 80% than break down mid-season and only get 50% of the year.
Yeah some of the distance goal kicking stuff was weird, there was shots from very kickable distances that he seemed to pass on. I think with the kicking it may have been an issue when he re-aggravated that calf issue mid season (think it was calf may have been hamstring) because in the Adelaide game which was his debut he had no issue kicking from distance and slotted one from around 50m with no real issues yet later in the year he seemed more hesitant, round 18 against Sydney comes to mind. Thought his marking was great all year, on a per game basis he was right near the top for both contested marking and marks inside 50, while not as mobile as he once was still found ways to use his craft to free himself up and use his strong hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Is that Ian Hill. Good that he is happy.

PaythePerryman

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
More mid time for Ash is interesting, could be as a wing or tagger maybe? Good to see Cogs get some love too!
From what I've heard Ash is a beast physically, skills, tough and fast. He was better late year when he was in the action tagging then running off and trying to damage going the other way.
Him and Tom Green will be incredible. Bruhn also looked better in the middle last year but we really need a forward so I think he might end up rotating through there.
Great to hear Phil is impressed with Brander. Sometimes it just takes a new team to get a guy going and build some confidence.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good to see some footage out of the club

Anyone notice who hasnt been seen from the footage so far?

Keefe and Buckley rehabbing from ACL's and then Phil mentioning Callaghan with the rehab group, any others who may be late starters to the season

Phil did mention Fahey as coming back from injury also

I did notice all 3 rucks in the footage which is a good sign

And he may be there but did anyone see Haynes in any footage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back