Pre-season 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Josh Rachelle looks good. Hope we didn’t make a boo-boo taking Andrew instead. Time will tell.

Yeah. However Rachele will play for the SUNS one day. Give it time

So now that it’s all over how do we write our trade/draft period.

We lost Brodie, pick 19, Greenwood ( for nothing) and multiple pick to Collingwood

We gained Freos second rounder big Mac, Levi Kasbolt, Constable, Chol and multiple picks from the pies

I would rate it a C-, why?

in hindsight we could of lost Greenwood and kept Brodie and pick 19, Big Mac is a stretch at pick 5, Constable is a shadow of Greenwood who offers little more than Brodie. Chol will help out but unlikely to be a consistent 22 player especially if Witts and Day are healthy. Plus the club made a laughing stock of itself yet again

We lost Brodie, pick 19, Greenwood ( for nothing) and multiple pick to Collingwood

We gained Freos second rounder big Mac, Levi Kasbolt, Constable, Chol and multiple picks from the pies

in hindsight we could of lost Greenwood and kept Brodie and pick 19, Big Mac is a stretch at pick 5, Constable is a shadow of Greenwood who offers little more than Brodie. Chol will help out but unlikely to be a consistent 22 player especially if Witts and Day are healthy. Plus the club made a laughing stock of itself yet again

Don’t forget to consider factors such as salary that we have saved for this season on both Brodie and Greenwood. This could sure up some re-signings.

Not to mention strengthening our 2022 draft hand in a year we had a stacked list and couldn’t add many.

At least these two factors increase that C- in my opinion.

Negative as usual but hey that is your view.

We lost Brodie
Haha, we were lucky to get rid of him. After 5 years it was time for him to go. Brodie had no value, lucky you would get 4th round pick for him in a separate deal. Don't forget that his last year salary was deferred due to covid, his contract average salary was much less according to reports. I re-watched the first 3 games. Brodie had some good moments but still jogging to defend, limited game time. I hope he realises this is his last chance.

Yeah, Greenwood was fiasco but for me Greenwood is Judas :) for not keeping his word. Constable was best available solution at present situation, he is depth, security if we get hit by injuries inside, he is on peanuts compared to Brodie, Greenwood. While I would have Greenwood in the best 22 round 1 it could be in the end blessing for Fiorini, Bowes and the club.

In the last 3 years we got concessions equivalent of 10-12 1st/2nd round picks. No point to keep them. I know you don't accept that but picks had different value for us and other clubs are not stupid. We could not use them all. From the next year it will be a different story. We are well positioned regarding future.

Not overly exited about Chol but let's see how he goes. Best we could get on the market. I actually have Day ahead of him (yeah, I know I am minority).

We did improve our depth by getting Chol, Casboult. Injured talls are also coming back. Get ready for team improvement next season (or new coach).

Very excited by Mac. I can't wait to watch him in VFL. Great kid.

B for me due to Greenwood situation created by the club. Cameron is lucky I am not Suns chairman.

Last edited:
Negative as usual but hey that is your view.

Haha, we were lucky to get rid of him. After 5 years it was time for him to go. Brodie had no value, lucky you would get 4th round pick for him in a separate deal. Don't forget that his last year salary was deferred due to covid, his contract average salary was much less according to reports. I re-watched the first 3 games. Brodie had some good moments but still jogging to defend, limited game time. I hope he realises this is his last chance.

Yeah, Greenwood was fiasco but for me Greenwood is Judas :) for not keeping his word. Constable was best available solution at present situation, he is depth, security if we get hit by injuries inside, he is on peanuts compared to Brodie, Greenwood. While I would have Greenwood in the best 22 round 1 it could be in the end blessing for Fiorini, Bowes and the club.

In the last 3 years we got concessions equivalent of 10-12 1st/2nd round picks. No point to keep them. I know you don't accept that but picks had different value for us and other clubs are not stupid. We could not use them all. From the next year it will be a different story. We are well positioned regarding future.

Not overly exited about Chol but let's see how he goes. Best we could get on the market. I actually have Day ahead of him (yeah, I know I am minority).

We did improve our depth by getting Chol, Casboult. Injured talls are also coming back. Get ready for team improvement next season (or new coach).

Very excited by Mac. I can't wait to watch him in VFL. Great kid.

B for me due to Greenwood situation created by the club. Cameron is lucky I am not Suns chairman.
For someone who constantly calls out other people for what they considered to be negative or contrary views perhaps it’s time to look in the mirror yourself mate, you seem to be the epitome of personal attacks, some would see that as negative or at the very least intolerant

Last edited:
For someone who constantly calls out other people for what they considered to be negative or contrary views perhaps it’s time to look in the mirror yourself mate, you seem to be the epitome of personal attacks, some would see that as negative or at the very least intolerant
Just expressing my view.

Every time our core group of

Anderson, Rowell, Ballard, Lukosius & King

upload on Instagram it’s gets me real excited they are all gonna re-sign long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s incredible how much size some of these kids can put on in such a short time over the off-season. Obviously they will shrink down a bit over the summer with the km’s they do, but impressive none the less.

King, Lukosius, and Ballard all starting to look like men.

I'm pretty hyped for Anderson and Rowell this season more than anyone on our list.

Rowell finally with a big chunk of training behind him, fit and moving well.
Anderson with a consistent 2 years behind him and a Greenwood sized hole in the midfield.

I can see both being AA calibre this season. Those two get it together and suddenly we feel like a finals bound team.

Season kicks off - West Coast in Perth.
Should tell us quite a bit about how we will go next season.

West Coast aren't super-strong - veterans retiring / getting close to the end + some young ones haven't made the 'step-up' yet.

It's a winnable game. One we should look at winning, if we are a sneaky finals chance.

No more 'nearly' results - it's time.

Dream scenario - 4 goal win

Horror scenario - 50 point plus defeat, and an injury to a key 'young 'un

This is the next step if we want to be around in the future. We cannot fail this year, and with the squad we have - no more excuses.

PS: Just add Freeman please - the guys a beast with an insatiable huger to finally 'make it'. A midfield destroyer.

Yes please!

Interesting to see many of the clubs have moved on from a 3km time trial to something with repeat efforts.

hawthorn, freo, Melbourne all doing some version of 4*1km or something similar.

Heard Clayton Oliver saying he’s lost 4kg.
188cm and 87kg to ensure he can cover the ground. He kept talking about Sam Walsh prototype.

all about pace and repeat efforts.

Interesting to see many of the clubs have moved on from a 3km time trial to something with repeat efforts.

hawthorn, freo, Melbourne all doing some version of 4*1km or something similar.

Heard Clayton Oliver saying he’s lost 4kg.
188cm and 87kg to ensure he can cover the ground. He kept talking about Sam Walsh prototype.

all about pace and repeat efforts.
Sounds like a better way to train someone for a football game. No player is ever required to run 3km straight during a game. At most they are running 100-200 metres bursts before taking a break. Intermittent training replicates game day activities and I'm surprised it's taken clubs this long to adjust they way they train their players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back