Pre-season 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Josh Rachelle looks good. Hope we didn’t make a boo-boo taking Andrew instead. Time will tell.

Yeah. However Rachele will play for the SUNS one day. Give it time

That could change in January, but if not.. probably a good sign. But then pies had Jack briskey training in January, but that didn't eventuate to my own displeasing. So unless they end up preferring to leave the list spot for MSD, might be a good sign they are impressed enough with him so far.
I was wondering if any team takes a chance on Briskey in the draft. I watched NAB QLD vs Tasmania and he was the best forward in that game (better than Bella and Stevens).

I was wondering if any team takes a chance on Briskey in the draft. I watched NAB QLD vs Tasmania and he was the best forward in that game (better than Bella and Stevens).
Yeah, I watched that game too. I thought he was good up forward. Better than when he played in defence. He has now moved to melbourne and gonna play for Port Melbourne in the VFL in 2022. Hopefully he keeps developing and gets a chance.

Top 5 GC players you are most excited about seeing in 22? Go.

Charlie Rowbottom.
Kalinda Howarth in the backline.
Jack Bowes in the midfield.
North East Victoria's own Elijah Hollands, anywhere on the field.
Then a tie between Lucy Single (can the skills improve) and 3rd year Sharpie, 'cause 2nd year Sharpie got a lot lot better than 1st year Sharpie.

Rowell- excited and nervous but just want him back to his best
Luko- excited to see what he can do with his noticeable size he has added
Witts- we know what he does but he makes us look so much stronger when fit
Hollands- dont want to get my hopes up but could be our real x factor
Powell- think he is going to be an AA at some stage let's hope its next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like our new fascination with getting ready to go players in instead of project players. 26 years old after doing well in the state leagues is what they're there for IMO.

But what's changed? Clearly a different philosophy now in how we fill those list spots. Cant just be Greenwood leaving.

I like our new fascination with getting ready to go players in instead of project players. 26 years old after doing well in the state leagues is what they're there for IMO.

But what's changed? Clearly a different philosophy now in how we fill those list spots. Cant just be Greenwood leaving.
IMO, Constable and possibly Freeman/Tsitas are cheap midfield mature bodies depth after Hugh left. A couple of injuries to our senior midfielders and our young brigade will be exposed. As much as I like Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Hollands I believe it's still probably 2 years before they will be fully ready for 22 rounds.

Last edited:
We can't bring him and Freeman on, can we?
Someone pointed out there is one cat A and one cat B spot left, so.. unfortunately it doesn't appear so. Unless there was soneone you can transfer from Cat A to Cat B, but looking at the list -- I don't believe so?

Someone pointed out there is one cat A and one cat B spot left, so.. unfortunately it doesn't appear so. Unless there was soneone you can transfer from Cat A to Cat B, but looking at the list -- I don't believe so?
Yes, we will possibly fill only one cat A or even leave it empty, wait for midseason draft. I thought that Murtagh could start as cat B since he came from different sport (decathlon) but I doubt he would be moved now and is most probably not eligible. Some academy kids will train with a team and one could end up cat B but it does not look like.

Last edited:
Most interested to see:
rowell: what shape is he in, does he have that burst. Slightly heart in mouth.
Anderson: does he take ANOTHER leap this year. Can he impact the scoreboard?
Hollands: Just seems like he will rise to the level. Feels like immediate impact.
Lukosius: ball in hand in the forward half = goals. How much can he find it.
Rankine: had me out of my seat at times. Really hoping to get that back on the park.

I agree with this....100%

This year we still picked Mac Andrew and Sandy Brock as project players, plus Ned Moyle at mid-season.
All talls but all projects, so we are still have plenty of projects to go around.

Lost Greenwood as well, so probably just a sensible balancing act by bringing in Chol and Constable, and adding Casboult and maybe a mature ready to go player as rookies.

IMO, Constable and possibly Freeman/Tsitas are cheap midfield mature bodies depth after Hugh left. A couple of injuries to our senior midfielders and our young brigade will be exposed. As much as I like Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Hollands I believe it's still probably 2 years before they will be fully ready for 22 rounds.
Have to disagree on Anderson not being ready, one of the top 3 runners in the club, is already built like a man and played almost exclusively midfield this season without any real fadeout.
He is as ready as one can be, he has a mature game and can play in or out.

Have to disagree on Anderson not being ready, one of the top 3 runners in the club, is already built like a man and played almost exclusively midfield this season without any real fadeout.
He is as ready as one can be, he has a mature game and can play in or out.
Yes, for Anderson it was his first year inside and he did a great job considering it was his 2nd year. No doubt, he could be our next AA.

But I disagree, he had no fadeout. I re-watched all the games and he had plenty of games mostly in the middle of season where he was average at best. He still needs to work on his consistency, sometimes struggles to defend, needs to improve his upper body strength and his kicking/decision making.

Don't get me wrong, I love how he goes about it and enjoy watching his talent developing. I hope he progresses and will become a gun in 1-2 years. I believe, right now he is one of the best promising young midfielders, together with Serong but he still has a lot of room for improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back