Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark wasn't drafted as an 18yo due to lack of size.
Spends a few years gaining size.
Becomes inside beast & dominates WAFL.
Drafted by WCE who refuse to play him inside mid.
Slims down.

Bold strategy Cotton.

The club continues to baffle. I'm really disappointed in this news as it means Clark is on a hiding to nothing and can hope to be played out of position at best.

Serious question:

Do our S&C team even watch AFL football? It's like they are on a different planet.

The club continues to baffle. I'm really disappointed in this news as it means Clark is on a hiding to nothing and can hope to be played out of position at best.

Serious question:

Do our S&C team even watch AFL football? It's like they are on a different planet.
Pretty sure they don't just do whatever the hell they want. I imagine they set programs as per the coach's orders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke didn't get picked up in his draft year because he was no good as an outside mid. He beefs up and changes his style to suit his strengths as an inside mid to the point that he starts dominating in that role in the WAFL. We draft him and try and turn him back into something that he failed at?

If we don't play him as a pure inside mid there is no point in playing him or even drafting him in the first place. He would have been better off staying at Subi and becoming a great at that club.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Clarke didn't get picked up in his draft year because he was no good as an outside mid. He beefs up and changes his style to suit his strengths as an inside mid to the point that he starts dominating in that role in the WAFL. We draft him and try and turn him back into something that he failed at?

If we don't play him as a pure inside mid there is no point in playing him or even drafting him in the first place. He would have been better off staying at Subi and becoming a great at that club.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

It’s a baffling move. Maybe the all Australian selectors had some input and said we don’t pick wingman only mids that could play wing so out you go clark and do your thing.

I don't, and won't ever, subscribe to this rag, but it would be nice if someone were to post the content up on here. Thank you 😊

Chesser trained with the main group which is a positive sign .
Only players not seen at training McGovern , K Hunt , A Gaff and Tom Barrass .
Yeo worked away from the main group and looked frustrated at times , maybe Yeo plays HBF mostly for the remainder of his career unfortunate but the way it is .....

long time lurker here, thought i might share some quick thoughts/observations on training this morning:
-nic started to the side but quickly integrated with the main group
-waterman and bazzo spent most the session to the side running
-hurn looking very fit
-oscar has put on a lot of muscle in the last year, looks very strong
-clark looked a lot leaner than last year
-chesser looks special. fast, strong very nice skills. get excited
-shuey did full training. injury seems to have been overblown
-big emphasis on set shots
-very good senior numbers. yeo and foley trained to the side, and barrass came very late and only ran a couple laps, but otherwise looking good
-tk looking very good, strong and leaner than last year.
-boots and yeo left early
-chesser, hough, winder, trew, and ledwards trained separately for a while. not sure why but simmo worked with them
-SPS on light duties, and spent a while waking around with an assisntant

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back