Training 2023 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, they start playing seniors at around 15 years old and we grow up playing on very muddy grounds in the rain meaning just about every game is a scrappy, tough slog.
Evokes memories of the games as a kid with early starts when it wasn’t raining. Crunching through the frost or literally breaking the ice on the puddles. My arthritis is playing up here in Central Queensland with the rain about. Some great memories, but pleased I don’t have to cope with a Tassie winter anymore.

Evokes memories of the games as a kid with early starts when it wasn’t raining. Crunching through the frost or literally breaking the ice on the puddles. My arthritis is playing up here in Central Queensland with the rain about. Some great memories, but pleased I don’t have to cope with a Tassie winter anymore.
Begs the question, who is the 'toughest' Blues player on the list at the moment....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to have to go to Fingal for under 16s games, the fog was so bad you couldn’t see the ball until it was 10-15 metres away. This last winter would’ve killed you, weeks on end in the minuses. Worst one I’ve seen in Launceston.

Used to have to go to Fingal for under 16s games, the fog was so bad you couldn’t see the ball until it was 10-15 metres away. This last winter would’ve killed you, weeks on end in the minuses. Worst one I’ve seen in Launceston.
Plenty of interesting games in the memory banks. Probably worst conditions North Launnie U16 game, if memory serves right at Queechy High on a Sunday arvo. Early games U12 and U14 canned as too wet. We played, there were maybe half a dozen spots of turf/mud showing through the lake and still raining. Makes me laugh up here how quickly sport is called off these days.

Plenty of interesting games in the memory banks. Probably worst conditions North Launnie U16 game, if memory serves right at Queechy High on a Sunday arvo. Early games U12 and U14 canned as too wet. We played, there were maybe half a dozen spots of turf/mud showing through the lake and still raining. Makes me laugh up here how quickly sport is called off these days.
Ogilvie Park was a stinking swamp. But we still played.

I’m also based in Launnie and thought this winter was pretty mild. Although I was still turning the heater on in the morning earlier this week…

Oh well. I hear that they are predicting that summer might be on a weekend this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back