Preview Pre-Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfield make up of your mob next year will be very interesting with the two big boys gone. Perryman is a big watch, love the way he goes about it.
With the 2 big boys gone it will be mainly cogs green and jelly starting in there with pez, ward et al .... I like that more as a mix

Big external watch as a neutral is Conor Stone as well. No idea how far off he is (the 22) but would love him at our club.

Big external watch as a neutral is Conor Stone as well. No idea how far off he is (the 22) but would love him at our club.
I think everyone on the board has liked what we've seen so far but it's only been a handful games and consistent lower body muscle issues is concerning. Just hope he doesn't lost his juice and can get a clean run at it, if he's healthy I think he's a good shot to play a lot of games this year.

I think everyone on the board has liked what we've seen so far but it's only been a handful games and consistent lower body muscle issues is concerning. Just hope he doesn't lost his juice and can get a clean run at it, if he's healthy I think he's a good shot to play a lot of games this year.
Hope to see him get some consistent game time at half forward flank, rotating into the midfield at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope to see him get some consistent game time at half forward flank, rotating into the midfield at times.
Yeah hopefully his tank is right to go to play some mid, he's never really got a chance to consistently build on his fitness base but if he's right to go would defintely like to see him in some CBA's

Bit frustrating but the other two aren't too surprising we knew Finn was having a foot operation and Whitfield was bound for surgery during the year. Taylor is annoying but a wrist injury shouldn't hamper his ability to prepare too much, still can do all the running required and the fitness tasks I'd imagine to be fit.

Last edited:
Captains leading the way ...

Kingsley ran his first official training session on Monday and is hoping to capitalise on the speed on the GIANTS' list as he develops a brand of football that can hoist the club up the ladder and bring supporters back.

"We want to play a faster brand of footy," Kingsley said. "We want to play an exciting brand of footy that's going to bring the supporters, make them enjoy watching the Giants play. That's certainly the plan at this stage."

As he reconfigures the game plan, Kingsley said he had moved on from the loss of Hopper and Taranto but hoped to build a culture that would allow the GIANTS to overcome the difficulties of retaining players as a non-Victorian club. "There are challenges, no question, but the reality is you can complain about it or you can deal with it and move on and that's what we're doing," he said. "We'll continue to work on the culture, we'll continue to build connections. We appreciate (the departing players), we love them, we wanted them to stay but ultimately their decision was such that they wanted to go. I feel like the demographic of the group is such that we have a lot of really experienced players still here."

The club is set to draft Victorian key forward Aaron Cadman, who could become the GIANTS' first No.1 pick since Tom Boyd in 2013. Kingsley said the GIANTS would keep homesickness in mind at the draft table, especially after the most recent top pick Jason Horne-Francis requested a trade back home to South Australia after only one year with North Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back