Training Pre-Season 2024 - they're back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like XO for Lloyd role.

Bedford may end up with decent time on the wing.

I expected Green to sneak forward and kick more goals last year. Will make up for it this year.
I think it depends how much midfield Daniels, Bedford play. Green might play 80% midfield, 20% bench and not much up forward.

Must admit It would be a big call to start Jones in round 1 against Sidebottom/Daicos.Thats almost there strongest area..Maybe could exploit them for pace....Long term Jones definitely makes sense though
You can't be off put by who his matchup might be, he's either ready or he's not and you back him in. Can't be too worried about who he's going up against, he's going to play against plenty of quality players.

Almost time for the highs and lows to begin

Sounds like the club has had a good pre season and I havent seen any reports of a intra club hit out so maybe just no reports up yet

Anyone going to the Thursday morning game v the Swans? Can always check the Swans board for updates and reports and also if they are streaming it?

My thoughts are a few players need to have a good showing pre season to add to the depth for hopefully a 27 game season. Darcy Jones, Conor Stone, Rowston and Angwin. If those 4 can be solid contributors when they get games it will push others to improve and help them play better. Other things need to go right but the clubs depth has always been traded away and this year seems a few things are going well and just need the players development to happen on the field. Other more experienced players will need solid seasons as well and I could have included others (Fahey, Cadman, Aleer) but with the game plan needing speed those guys (Not sure on Rowston) have speed or some experience to take another step

We will get soem idea of how these players are rated also on Thursday so looking forward to that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howdy Giants Lads and Ladettes,

Warning: Fantasy Question ahead.

I'm in a keeper's league where we have to have at least one player from each AFL Team. I have had Toby since he was drafted but need to start looking ahead. Scoring is similar to AFL Fantasy, although Rucks are our best scorers.

Only player that looks somewhat Fantasy relevant who isn't already taken is Ryan Angwin. I notice he seems to be on the cusp of the B22, but do you see him pushing into the 22 in the next year or two at all? Has he had a decent pre-season?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in a keeper's league where we have to have at least one player from each AFL Team. I have had Toby since he was drafted but need to start looking ahead. Scoring is similar to AFL Fantasy, although Rucks are our best scorers.

Only player that looks somewhat Fantasy relevant who isn't already taken is Ryan Angwin. I notice he seems to be on the cusp of the B22, but do you see him pushing into the 22 in the next year or two at all? Has he had a decent pre-season?

Thanks in advance.
Angwin is no good, would be very surprised if he's playing as anything more than an injury replacement. Yet to show anything 3 years in that he's an AFL player.

Thanks in advance.
Total guess work ATM but I'd say Angwin will be first drop a lot of the year. I'd expect him to play a lot of games on the wing.
Jones is probably the pick of players who haven't played yet.
Last year's draft so might not be there

Thanks in advance.
What about Briggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back