Training Pre Season 21/22

How does one find out when training sessions are to be able to go watch?
Public ones are usually advised for a few weeks before the event
The closed/normal ones are on certain days (not sure what days exactly) but to watch you just need to look through the fence

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond had 11 unavailable to train on Monday, while industry sources suggested that at least two clubs had more than 20 players test positive to the virus over the past few weeks - a pattern that reflects the spread of the virus throughout the 20-30 age group, which accounts for a hefty percentage of the Omicron surge.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s an interesting conundrum, part of me thinks you’d rather the whole list get it now and get it out of the way before the season starts. Although having just had it myself I wouldn’t recommend getting it if you can avoid it

If the WA teams stay COVID free they are going to have to stay in bubbles when they travel

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
It’s an interesting conundrum, part of me thinks you’d rather the whole list get it now and get it out of the way before the season starts. Although having just had it myself I wouldn’t recommend getting it if you can avoid it

If the WA teams stay COVID free they are going to have to stay in bubbles when they travel
They won't travel...

At this rate, it will be move and set up camp in a State where the borders are open, or don't play...

Look at the Big Bash, NBL, even AFLW, all WA teams are expected to be on the road interstate for a month at the minimum if not more.

They won't travel...

At this rate, it will be move and set up camp in a State where the borders are open, or don't play...

Look at the Big Bash, NBL, even AFLW, all WA teams are expected to be on the road interstate for a month at the minimum if not more.

Will the AFL force the WA government to change their policies?

That'd be a hoot. WA gets their very own COVID outbreak because of the Eagles and Dockers.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Will the AFL force the WA government to change their policies?

That'd be a hoot. WA gets their very own COVID outbreak because of the Eagles and Dockers.
Well they won't force them, but they will simply say something like the following:

You got the GF last year, blah blah blah
We can't expect players from 2 teams living under different rules from the other 16 teams
We can't expect visiting teams to go into quarantine every trip to Perth
Either you ease restrictions for our players... OR We advise both teams to Hub in another state until borders change

The McGowan will have to choose, borders or popularity.

Softens the rules for AFL players only - public backlash
Stands firm on boarders and loses state revenue and the fact locals won't get to see their team, can't even travel to do it - Public backlash

Opens the borders and his pathetic health care system will crumble and the last 2 years of being a knob is all for nothing...
But at least they have the footy right...

At some stage, old mate will end up having to push sh!t uphill and his empire will come crumbling down around him

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
Who cares if football players have a cold

naaah still a concern. look at emma racadnau. won us open (was it us?), got covid, comes back and then gets bundled out of an ATP tournament 6-1 6-0. it can mess you up for a while.

my close mate and his gf had it recently. is in seriously good nick, double vaxxed, all the gear. he got preeeetty sick. described it as the worst sickness he's had, and its taken him a good 8-10 days to get over it. lost a reasonable bit of fitness. it will be an issue come season opening with those type of infections but, that being said, person by person it differs. another buddy of mine got it and spent iso deleting tinnies, so (naturally) was fine. go figure.

great rumour here - the close mate went to a NYE music festival, partied bloody hard with dons' ruck sam draper, who by the way is an absolute goer.

essendon's list is now covid ravaged. well done operative.

every one of the footy players will get it at some point, but the risk will be the basic chronic exhaustion that long covid can cause. ideally all the boys either a) get their boosters prior to getting it or b) get the thing now so they can get over it faster.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
naaah still a concern. look at emma racadnau. won us open (was it us?), got covid, comes back and then gets bundled out of an ATP tournament 6-1 6-0. it can mess you up for a while.

my close mate and his gf had it recently. is in seriously good nick, double vaxxed, all the gear. he got preeeetty sick. described it as the worst sickness he's had, and its taken him a good 8-10 days to get over it. lost a reasonable bit of fitness. it will be an issue come season opening with those type of infections but, that being said, person by person it differs. another buddy of mine got it and spent iso deleting tinnies, so (naturally) was fine. go figure.

great rumour here - the close mate went to a NYE music festival, partied bloody hard with dons' ruck sam draper, who by the way is an absolute goer.

essendon's list is now covid ravaged. well done operative.

every one of the footy players will get it at some point, but the risk will be the basic chronic exhaustion that long covid can cause. ideally all the boys either a) get their boosters prior to getting it or b) get the thing now so they can get over it faster.
It obviously affects some people differently. An AFL player I know was asymptomatic and gave it to my son was a bit off for a day only. My other son barely noticed it but his friends were a little worse. It's a lottery, but most young people it seems who get Omicon (I'm assuming that's what they had due to the mildness) fare pretty well. Reckon we are all going to get it at some stage unless you isolate.

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
It obviously affects some people differently. An AFL player I know was asymptomatic and gave it to my son was a bit off for a day only. My other son barely noticed it but his friends were a little worse. It's a lottery, but most young people it seems who get Omicon (I'm assuming that's what they had due to the mildness) fare pretty well. Reckon we are all going to get it at some stage unless you isolate.
yep pretty much. just depends how much vax protection you have, and honestly how unlucky you are.

issue is also the delta hanging around in vic which can be pretty nasty

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
1642051269577.png

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Well they won't force them, but they will simply say something like the following:

We can't expect players from 2 teams living under different rules from the other 16 teams
Either you ease restrictions for our players... OR We advise both teams to Hub in another state until borders change

Stands firm on boarders and loses state revenue and the fact locals won't get to see their team, can't even travel to do it - Public backlash

Opens the borders and his pathetic health care system will crumble and the last 2 years of being a knob is all for nothing...

At some stage, old mate will end up having to push sh!t uphill and his empire will come crumbling down around him
Aren't the WA borders opening at 90% which is expected end of the month, start of Feb. If so, you will be in the same boat as the rest of us.
No going back really.
By March/April things should be settled down a bit you'd hope.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Aren't the WA borders opening at 90% which is expected end of the month, start of Feb. If so, you will be in the same boat as the rest of us.
No going back really.
By March/April things should be settled down a bit you'd hope.
hopefully they are...

But he has shown time and time again, any sign that the pandemic will effect him, then the boarder closure remains...

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be banking on the Feb date he has promised.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
hopefully they are...

But he has shown time and time again, any sign that the pandemic will effect him, then the boarder closure remains...

Time will tell, but I wouldn't be banking on the Feb date he has promised.
There's a wall across Texas that nobody is using. Fortress WA.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond

Lol. You a miner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s crazy the variance. My family all got hit recently. For me it was a bit of a cough and got easily fatigued for about six days but nothing major. My wife had the same but add a fever that was pretty bad for a couple of days and then dropped off (we’re both double vaxxed)

My little fella is too young for vaccinations and started off right as rain until the cough kicked in and for a night had real laboured breathing. Debated a trip to the hospital but rode it out with some drugs from my dad (he’s a doctor). My boy was proper sick for three days before starting to mend which was pretty scary (worse than the actual disease for me anyway)

I’d avoid it as best you can until you’re boosted. People say oh it’s not as bad this variance it’s like a bad flu forgetting that having a bad flu really sucks

Back