Training Pre Season 21/22

Remove this Banner Ad

It obviously affects some people differently. An AFL player I know was asymptomatic and gave it to my son was a bit off for a day only. My other son barely noticed it but his friends were a little worse. It's a lottery, but most young people it seems who get Omicon (I'm assuming that's what they had due to the mildness) fare pretty well. Reckon we are all going to get it at some stage unless you isolate.
2 cold showers a day keeps cv19 away

It’s crazy the variance. My family all got hit recently. For me it was a bit of a cough and got easily fatigued for about six days but nothing major. My wife had the same but add a fever that was pretty bad for a couple of days and then dropped off (we’re both double vaxxed)

My little fella is too young for vaccinations and started off right as rain until the cough kicked in and for a night had real laboured breathing. Debated a trip to the hospital but rode it out with some drugs from my dad (he’s a doctor). My boy was proper sick for three days before starting to mend which was pretty scary (worse than the actual disease for me anyway)

I’d avoid it as best you can until you’re boosted. People say oh it’s not as bad this variance it’s like a bad flu forgetting that having a bad flu really sucks
whats it like having the flu, ????,,luckily for me ive never had it

whats it like having the flu, ????,,luckily for me ive never had it
Bad flu is a trip to the hospital

Worst flu I’ve had wasn’t trip to the hospital bad but had high fever, your body aches all over, head aches and you get rigors (body shakes). Then for me it will normally transition to congestion and a cough

Generally you’d be bedridden for quite a few days

Worst flu I’ve had wasn’t trip to the hospital bad but had high fever, your body aches all over, head aches and you get rigors (body shakes). Then for me it will normally transition to congestion and a cough

Same...and the loss of appetite...
Was bedridden for 5 days...
Took weeks to recover...
Now the flu is just minor sniffles...

It obviously affects some people differently. An AFL player I know was asymptomatic and gave it to my son was a bit off for a day only. My other son barely noticed it but his friends were a little worse. It's a lottery, but most young people it seems who get Omicon (I'm assuming that's what they had due to the mildness) fare pretty well. Reckon we are all going to get it at some stage unless you isolate.

Yeh i copped delta and it got me pretty good for about 5 days

Cough, sore throat, fever, loss of taste and appetite, congested, etc etc

Was real s**t

Its an honest mistake you *******

Whats "fecken" btw? .. its "fu**in", learn to spell
Alright mate, settle down, we're all friends here. I was just having a subtle crack at those who were comparing our star new recruit to the dips**t (Ch 7 ??) reporter who has a stupid "e" on the end of what should be just Brown. Let's not confuse the two from now on, shall we?

And the "feckin" reference was just being a bit ironic, making a spelling mistake when it's obvious what word I wanted to use.

Let's not go all Facebook comments section on each eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They won't travel...

At this rate, it will be move and set up camp in a State where the borders are open, or don't play...

Look at the Big Bash, NBL, even AFLW, all WA teams are expected to be on the road interstate for a month at the minimum if not more.
That's season over for WCE then

Well they won't force them, but they will simply say something like the following:

You got the GF last year, blah blah blah
We can't expect players from 2 teams living under different rules from the other 16 teams
We can't expect visiting teams to go into quarantine every trip to Perth
Either you ease restrictions for our players... OR We advise both teams to Hub in another state until borders change

The McGowan will have to choose, borders or popularity.

Softens the rules for AFL players only - public backlash
Stands firm on boarders and loses state revenue and the fact locals won't get to see their team, can't even travel to do it - Public backlash

Opens the borders and his pathetic health care system will crumble and the last 2 years of being a knob is all for nothing...
But at least they have the footy right...

At some stage, old mate will end up having to push sh!t uphill and his empire will come crumbling down around him
"old mate Neil" & co. will blame it all on a conspiracy to favour Richmond

Exactly! People like to claim “yeah I’m a bit fluey today”

A lot of confusion over the common cold and the flu. Flu is serious business. Maybe this is part of the scepticism to Covid, doctors are saying it’s quite like the flu (serious) and people are relating that to a cold that they had. Most people wouldn’t have had the flu before.

Wow sounds horrible

Got my booster today. Injected it into my dick. Hoping for a couple of extra inches and then i can fu** covid.
You’d need an extra 4 just so your missus could feel it. Not sure how many more you’d need to have an impact on Covid 🙃

I will be looking foward to your detailed report this week

No can do
Just waiting for a Lord of the Wings training update…..

Here it is.......the same standard as old mates from PRE.

The boys trained yesterday.

A number of players were missing due to COVID.

After the warm up they did some run throughs - McIntosh won those and Stacky wasn't there so it was usually Biggy or Jnr coming last.

Graham, Short, Prestia, Martin all in non-contact group so just ran laps during the tackling drill......Sonsie still not doing much.

All our draftee's look like they are being managed as sat out most drills apart from Brown.

Ball work was ok. Castagna kept missing his targets as usual and Jackie got the shits up if the ball wasn't delivered perfectly.

Rioli training with backs still. Bakes was with the midfield group. Good to see Jnr running around today.

Dusty looks fittest in 10 years and Lynch moving better than previous years.

Finished with some 400s which looked brutal. Any questions fire away.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back