Training Pre Season 21/22

Remove this Banner Ad

No can do

Here it is.......the same standard as old mates from PRE.

The boys trained yesterday.

A number of players were missing due to COVID.

After the warm up they did some run throughs - McIntosh won those and Stacky wasn't there so it was usually Biggy or Jnr coming last.

Graham, Short, Prestia, Martin all in non-contact group so just ran laps during the tackling drill......Sonsie still not doing much.

All our draftee's look like they are being managed as sat out most drills apart from Brown.

Ball work was ok. Castagna kept missing his targets as usual and Jackie got the shits up if the ball wasn't delivered perfectly.

Rioli training with backs still. Bakes was with the midfield group. Good to see Jnr running around today.

Dusty looks fittest in 10 years and Lynch moving better than previous years.

Finished with some 400s which looked brutal. Any questions fire away.
Yes. Can you confirm Balta is training with the backs so we can put an end to the best 22 sides with him as a forward?

No can do

After the warm up they did some run throughs - McIntosh won those and Stacky wasn't there so it was usually Biggy or Jnr coming last.

Graham, Short, Prestia, Martin all in non-contact group so just ran laps during the tackling drill......Sonsie still not doing much.

All our draftee's look like they are being managed as sat out most drills apart from Brown.

Ball work was ok. Castagna kept missing his targets as usual and Jackie got the shits up if the ball wasn't delivered perfectly.

Rioli training with backs still. Bakes was with the midfield group. Good to see Jnr running around today.

Did Balta play on the ball and are the rumours true that we have Samson Ryan on a strict KFC diet to gain weigh?

No can do

StAck what’s with him. Til toks? Surely he is on his last chance.

whats it like having the flu, ????,,luckily for me ive never had it

I got it 1st time week before my wedding. First couple of days I couldn't get out of bed, sweats and freezing, bones ache, head fog an generally feeling like sh*t. Couldn't really walk. Went to the doctor and got something so that I could stand at the wedding. Couldn't talk and got really tired after a couple of hours. Took about 3 weeks to recover.

After that the flu has been a few days feeling crap, but nothing like the first time.

If that's a 'good' dose of COVID then I don't want it.

I got it 1st time week before my wedding. First couple of days I couldn't get out of bed, sweats and freezing, bones ache, head fog an generally feeling like sh*t. Couldn't really walk. Went to the doctor and got something so that I could stand at the wedding. Couldn't talk and got really tired after a couple of hours. Took about 3 weeks to recover.

After that the flu has been a few days feeling crap, but nothing like the first time.

Maybe you were just shitting bricks about tying the knot 😜

Yes. Can you confirm Balta is training with the backs so we can put an end to the best 22 sides with him as a forward?
From caesar:

Training today Thursday:

So of those missing Monday: Soldo, Broad and Banks back.

Still only about 31/32 players out there.

Missing Today that i could determine :

Nank
Stack
RCD
Cotch
Aarts
Clarke

Rehab:

Grimes
Sonz
Banks
Gibcus, (Did basically nothing)

Training:

They have pretty much smashed them this week with a lot of conditioning put into them, those that have missed this week will be behind the 8 ball, key among them is Riley who would have benefited from getting that under his belt.

They broke into lines for a couple of drills and Shai pretty much stayed forward and not mid but sill starred anyway.
Balta: did spend some time forward but that was probably just for the even distribution of limited resources.
Soldo: Looking like he'll be right for round 1.
Ross: Can't fault his pre-season he is not one that is going to jump out at you but very solid.
DRioli: is covering so much ground think he is in for a good year.
Dusty: Pretty much doing everything now.
Tarrant: Blue Chip investment to cover a need (y)
Mansell: I know there are some Mansell lovers out there, he is having a good pre-season but is a few players shy of my best 22.

Draftee Watch:
Except for Tom Brown it has been a bit of a lost cause as through injury Clarke, Banks, Sonz have virtually done nothing although snippets from Clarke have been good.
Gibcus had been coping with the demands of pre-season ok but only walked a couple of laps today.

**It looks like it is going to be a bit of a frustrating pre-season if this Covid rotation becomes the norm and there is nothing to suggest that in won't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you've got him forward in your side then I assume. We'll see. I don't remember him doing any swinging last season.
I was being a bit cheeky refusing to concede re Balta training with the backs/the swingman thing.
But I have one issue with the Balta forward thing that is an issue whether you want him forward or back.

What if Jack or Lynch goes down, which is sort of inevitable at some stage. Lynch has been very durable but let's say it's or something minor.
Jack at 33 is surely vulnerable to an injury. Who plays forward then. Ryan is our only possible forward and that would be all eggs in a pretty raw basket.

Surely we have to get ready ourselves to be able to swing someone forward. Balta is our best and most versatile players as he can also ruck if need be, and is pretty good at it. Who else, maybe Miller but he isn't even a player yet. Maybe Broad could do it. Is getting better and better as a player, is brave in the air and very mobile. But there has to be a contingency plan somewhere. For me it's Balta because I reckon he could be star at CHF.

psychosomatic
/ˌsʌɪkə(ʊ)səˈmatɪk/
(of a physical illness or other condition) caused or aggravated by a mental factor such as internal conflict or stress.)

That's a hell of an excuse ya bum.

Last year we had Chol and CJ.
True. But if he's used as a swingman, then I'd prefer it be within a game to 'swing' the game, not as named full game forward. So if / when Jack or Lunch miss games, I'm backing Ryan to come in. I'd hope he would just as effective as CCJ, but maybe a step behind Chol (but as I haven't seen Ryan play - others could comment there). That 1st game we all know means nothing, so we need to see what he can do at AFL level. My other forward for a taste is Gibcus. If Jack or Lunch are long-term, that changes things though.

Not the office hands... likely to get a blister if I type too much!

I am an embarrassed ex West Aussie though

Don’t be embarrassed. It’s worked out well for WA, repatriated a heap of jobs, which has seen the property prices move for the first time since 2015. Only 4 weeks in iso compared to the rest of the country.

Best of all no interstate figjams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was being a bit cheeky refusing to concede re Balta training with the backs/the swingman thing.
But I have one issue with the Balta forward thing that is an issue whether you want him forward or back.

What if Jack or Lynch goes down, which is sort of inevitable at some stage. Lynch has been very durable but let's say it's or something minor.
Jack at 33 is surely vulnerable to an injury. Who plays forward then. Ryan is our only possible forward and that would be all eggs in a pretty raw basket.

Surely we have to get ready ourselves to be able to swing someone forward. Balta is our best and most versatile players as he can also ruck if need be, and is pretty good at it. Who else, maybe Miller but he isn't even a player yet. Maybe Broad could do it. Is getting better and better as a player, is brave in the air and very mobile. But there has to be a contingency plan somewhere. For me it's Balta because I reckon he could be star at CHF.

If that happens, Caddy as 2nd banana.... or have the 2nd ruck resting forward (Soldo/Nank).

Post Draft the Club has said they see Gibcus as being able to play both ends, but i'd say Balta would be the one if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back