Training Pre Season '23

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to have Jacob and Tim join the team.
In reality, none of these key recruitments would have been achieved without the selfless, generous salary cuts, of senior champions like Trent Cotchin.
Teams like Melbourne and Geelong are disintegrating, Geelong has lost three assistants in the off-season.
Whereas Damien Hardwick and Trent are building an inspirational team culture for generations to come.
Who are the 3 Geelong assistants

I thought The Tarantula would take 14 obviously but The Grasshopper in 22 (hi Richie Benaud) was a surprise. He was No2 at the Giants so maybe that's his fave. Still a few numbers left:

10,13,16,18, 23, 24 etc
Hoping Daniel takes the 10 and hands over the 17 to Maurice Rioli Jnr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched some preseason footage of MRJ and that earlier photo does not do him justice. He looks like he is running and moving well and not in bad shape at all. I'm happy to see he didn't come back in poor shape.
What a turn around for Maurice since Monday

New fitness guy has him on track to be lapping Hugo by next week

Jnr can have it after DR retires to honor both his dad and daniel in his last few years
What is it a 100 games to get your name on the locker? Imagine getting 3 Rioli's names on the 17 locker, the sooner we get his dad's number on young Maurice the better in my opinion!

Who are the 3 Geelong assistants
images
1669420109048.jpeg 1669420249167.jpeg

I thought The Tarantula would take 14 obviously but The Grasshopper in 22 (hi Richie Benaud) was a surprise. He was No2 at the Giants so maybe that's his fave. Still a few numbers left:

10,13,16,18, 23, 24 etc
Cumberland, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Gibcus, Miller need new numbers. Maybe even Ralphsmith. My proposal:-

Sonsie 10
Rioli Jnr 13
Gibcus 18
Miller 16
Cumberland 23. Ohhh yeah.
Ralphsmith 24.

Last edited:
Cumberland, Rioli Jnr, Sonsie, Gibcus, Miller need new numbers. Maybe even Ralphsmith. My proposal:-

Sonsie 10
Rioli Jnr 13
Gibcus 18
Miller 16
Cumberland 23. Ohhh yeah.
Ralphsmith 24.
13 should be permanently retired, MRJ will stay in 49, I'd like to see Cummy get 12.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back