Training Pre Season '23

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see a certain posters brain ticking over.
"We didn't win the flag this year because Dimma was partying on the Gold Coast all pre-season"

And look at those young girls he was partying with. Smoke and fire. He's going off he deep end.

Note to self, Dimma's kids look much better than he does. And they like Guns and Roses!

And look at those young girls he was partying with. Smoke and fire. He's going off he deep end.

Note to self, Dimma's kids look much better than he does. And they like Guns and Roses!
If we get off to a bad start(Like losing rnd 1).It may come early.lol

Pretty piss poor for people to be fat shaming / body shaming MJR. Some people have different shapes regardless even if they are fit. He looked similar last season and he will do the same as last season chase and tackle.
it may be in poor taste, but I think you will find people are just taking the piss, not actually criticising the kid too much...

Maybe just take a breathe and relax, and if you don't like it, put people on ignore

Great to have Jacob and Tim join the team.
In reality, none of these key recruitments would have been achieved without the selfless, generous salary cuts, of senior champions like Trent Cotchin.
Teams like Melbourne and Geelong are disintegrating, Geelong has lost three assistants in the off-season.
Whereas Damien Hardwick and Trent are building an inspirational team culture for generations to come.

Great to have Jacob and Tim join the team.
In reality, none of these key recruitments would have been achieved without the selfless, generous salary cuts, of senior champions like Trent Cotchin.
Teams like Melbourne and Geelong are disintegrating, Geelong has lost three assistants in the off-season.
Whereas Damien Hardwick and Trent are building an inspirational team culture for generations to come.

You are 100% correct. It was through the delicate balance of forward planning of contracts and the respectful cultural investment of our senior players, that we have been able to get any of the three big name recruits - Lynch, Taranto and Hopper.

This is testament to not only the senior players themselves but the long term buy-in that all members of the club have in the Tiger's shared vision. Jack and Trent want another flag but they also want to leave the club in an even better place than when they joined it. We look after our ex-players too - Maric, Lamber and even Edwards (before he found employment elsewhere) are still working at the club. Bachar is also heavily linked through his foundation. We bring in ex-coaches to give them another chance. All of this means, everyone is working towards the same outcome, the same success.

It's also why we will continue to be a successful club, envied by others, for many years to come.

Pretty piss poor for people to be fat shaming / body shaming MJR. Some people have different shapes regardless even if they are fit. He looked similar last season and he will do the same as last season chase and tackle.
Spare me. If he was at the standard he should be he wouldn't have such a big gut. My mate who is a full time recruiter at another club said he was extremely lazy in his prep as a junior before he was drafted.

I'm sure he'll learn, but for now he's in the fat club of pre season for sure.

Can see a certain posters brain ticking over.
"We didn't win the flag this year because Dimma was partying on the Gold Coast all pre-season"
Groupie_ is more concerned with the NIB logo and how bright the yellow is on the jumper to worry about Dimmas head banging, Mary Jane smoking toolies holiday to the Gold Coast

Groupie_ is more concerned with the NIB logo and how bright the yellow is on the jumper to worry about Dimmas head banging, Mary Jane smoking toolies holiday to the Gold Coast
If only it was Groupie_ .

Lots of people taking the piss. And it’s pretty obvious that’s what it is. Dont be so quick to label it. Everyone bloody loves him.

Having said that, that’s not the way you want to return to pre season if you want to cement a spot. Immediately behind the 8 ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm being serious. You're telling me it isn't? I'm not being rude about his appearance. He's a star player who has incredible X-Factor and is now intricate to our forward line but when you see other players like Cumberland, Pickett and most of the 1st-4th years return to preseason in amazing condition I find it hard to believe that's a true photo of MRJ. If it is, then I have to say that I am disappointed that he didn't put in the same amount of work in the off-season as the others. I just hope it doesn't reflect badly on him, he works double the hard work from this point and he secures his role in the side.

Last edited:
I'm being serious. You're telling me it isn't? I'm not being rude about his appearance. He's a star player who has incredible X-Factor and is now intricate to our forward line but when you see other players like Cumberland, Pickett and most of the 1st-4th years return to preseason in amazing condition I find it hard to believe that's a true photo of MRJ. If it is, then I have to say that I am disappointed that he didn't put in the same amount of work in the off-season as the others. I just hope it doesn't reflect badly on him, he works double the hard work from this point and he secures his role in the side.
FMD mate relax. It's a photoshop. They're just taking the piss. Anyway, his Dad had exactly the same chunky shape and was a ******* superstar.

Last edited:
You are 100% correct. It was through the delicate balance of forward planning of contracts and the respectful cultural investment of our senior players, that we have been able to get any of the three big name recruits - Lynch, Taranto and Hopper.

This is testament to not only the senior players themselves but the long term buy-in that all members of the club have in the Tiger's shared vision. Jack and Trent want another flag but they also want to leave the club in an even better place than when they joined it. We look after our ex-players too - Maric, Lamber and even Edwards (before he found employment elsewhere) are still working at the club. Bachar is also heavily linked through his foundation. We bring in ex-coaches to give them another chance. All of this means, everyone is working towards the same outcome, the same success.

It's also why we will continue to be a successful club, envied by others, for many years to come.
Hopper said himself.The way we sent off Hurley was a big part on why he chose us.

It was saved straight off RFCs Instagram. The only editing I did was crop it.
FMD mate relax. It's a photoshop. They're just taking the piss. Anyway, his Dad had exactly the same chunky shape and was a ******* superstar.
As above

It looks like we added to our fitness staff from the herald sun.

What does a full day of November training look like for Richmond’s youngsters?

On Thursday it started with a 90-minute training run at Punt Rd, beginning at about 10am.

“We had our main session with a bit of skills and conditioning,” boom youngster Noah Cumberland told the Herald Sun after they had clocked off at 3pm.

“After that we move into the club and have a bit of lunch and hit the showers and the ice baths. Then, after lunch, we move into a thing called fundamentals, which is a bit more craft and the basics – kicking and the technique side of things.

“We’ve got a new strengthening coach named Marcus (Krygger), which is always good to have a fresh face. He’s taking us through our strength program.”

Krygger has crossed from St Kilda to help tone the Tigers. So, who is pumping the biggest weights in the gym?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back