Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Who's training the house down?
How is the doozy stacking up?
Is Dimma still high?

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Well, well, well.

He is being serious. I hope he stays, but find his spot hard to see if we get the 2 giants.

Good luck to the man. Don't waste the talent you have, life is too short.

I can see it. He does not have to play in the guts. A guy with that height, speed and other attributes could be quite versatile in theory. I cannot understand why he could not have a outside game

In fact with Hopper and Taranto he would be more like to make it in my book because they are more extractors to complement RCD

I know they are some posters who say bringing Hopper and Taranto is pushing RCD down the order. However, astute observers could tell nothing could be further from the truth. Hopper and Taranto could well be exactly what RCD needs to propel his progress forward and just showcases how clueless other observers are!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see it. He does not have to play in the guts. A guy with that height, speed and other attributes could be quite versatile in theory. I cannot understand why he could not have a outside game

In fact with Hopper and Taranto he would be more like to make it in my book because they are more extractors to complement RCD

I know they are some posters who say bringing Hopper and Taranto is pushing RCD down the order. However, astute observers could tell nothing could be further from the truth. Hopper and Taranto could well be exactly what RCD needs to propel his progress forward and just showcases how clueless other observers are!!
Clueless! Wow coming from you. What a joke you are. You have to be controversial in every post. You’re nothing but an attention seeker.

That's a rather strange angle. I can understand your interest in developing RCD outside, wing for me, half back as you have stated before. But incoming Tarranto and Hopper propelling his progress might be a bit of a stretch.

That's a rather strange angle. I can understand your interest in developing RCD outside, wing for me, half back as you have stated before. But incoming Tarranto and Hopper propelling his progress might be a bit of a stretch.

I think not enough focus goes to the innate abilities of the players.

There is too much focus on off-field, too much focus on false signals and social agendas, talking generally.

When I see RCD play he can play but like all players he is his own player with own strengths and weaknesses. When I see RCD I do not see Libba. RCD is not expert extractor. he can pick up the low ball but that is not a area of expert to the extent he should live in the guts I think, not yet anyway. So if better extractors are around him that should help him and help those extracting the ball because the extractors are getting more bang for their buck from the extraction giving it to RCD in more space to burst.

This is where Kane on the development side can be critical in the sense of empowering players to play to their strengths, mitigate their weaknesses, improve their abilities further and improve the way they play as a team to enhance their effectiveness as a team. For example if RCD was extracting and Hopper receiving that would be less effective than Hopper extracting RCD receiving in theory.

Furthermore RCD has size, he has speed, by now his endurance should be improved, that should make him a difficult matchup for someone trying to counter to access the ball and possibly run away from. At minimum RCD should be able to provide link value from a transitional perspective. Whatever happens, next year will be a very important year for RCD's development on the footy field one would suspect.

I assume this is happening anyway. But if players know the likes of Kane are working on specific areas for them to get better with them and play better with other players around them surely the players will improve their engagement. Looking at the reserves this year there could have been better engagement from some of the players at times I think and some of that comes down to belief and perception regarding support.

On the weekend I ran into a female rugby league player who was indigenuous and played in a GF. She told me she was new, came to town this year and chose a club because the name suggested it would be more positive to indigenuous. Anyway, we kept talking and she said she felt discouraged and outcast compared to other players because she was new from her team. She did not necessarily commit to saying they might have been racist but there could have been overtones. Anyway, we talked further. She said the team lost and the coach had her on the bench for the whole game before calling her up in the final five minutes when the game was over. When this happened, she threw her jumper to the ground, gave the coach a mouthful and refused to follow the coaches instructions as she felt rejected, or words to that effect. We talked further. She said she actually went to drinks after in a local pub where she called the coach and other players out for a fight where the others apparently backed down. She said she told the coach, if you do not allow her transfer to happen for next year there would be hell to pay. She told me, she felt she should have at least got ten minutes of play on field in terms of her abilities and performance and obviously felt five minutes was a insult. I said did she speak to other players around the comp. She said she spoke to some other, felt like a outcast at her current club because she was new and some in other clubs beforehand suggested come and play for them as they valued her as a player. I said to her she had real ticker to do what she did. Greener pastures was probably not a bad idea and sometimes one has to pick your battles. But this is an example where relationships between player and coaches/footy departments are critical to performance and success not to mention the health of the footy club

So if Kane can help the players it might mean more players get engaged and feel the greener pastures are at RFC and they can grow and become quiet successful at RFC

Last edited:

Don't see the 2 giants propelling him forward. Maybe make him have to develop his other strings a lot more.

Our current wings are very good IMHO. Both good in the air, run super hard, tough as nails and good to better skills. They suit our game plan to a T.

Riley develops his engine, he is good outside. If he can get to more contests then he will be a better mid. But somehow I think he's even further back in the pack once the Giants land

Don't see the 2 giants propelling him forward. Maybe make him have to develop his other strings a lot more.

Our current wings are very good IMHO. Both good in the air, run super hard, tough as nails and good to better skills. They suit our game plan to a T.

Riley develops his engine, he is good outside. If he can get to more contests then he will be a better mid. But somehow I think he's even further back in the pack once the Giants land

I see him more as a utility. a hybrid that can go mid, wing and other roles and he would have to develop skills and capability beyond getting the ball from the ruck.

In the reserves he played mainly in the guts. I think he should have been moved around a bit. Wing, half back etc..

He is a little like Ralphsmith but Ralphsmith is a better shot for goal on the mark but Ralphsmith might be a little more outside.

In this day and age with position-less football you do not know what diamonds in the rough a team has until they harness all the possibilities of player combinations and styles like what we found out when Griffiths was out injured in 2017 because it also relates to the ability of oppositions awareness and preparation to stop it or not as we saw in 2017

Last edited:
I see him more as a utility. a hybrid that can go mid, wing and other roles and he would have to develop skills and capability beyond getting the ball from the ruck.

In the reserves he played mainly in the guts. I think he should have been moved around a bit. Wing, half back etc..

He is a little like Ralphsmith but Ralphsmith is a better shot for goal on the mark but Ralphsmith might be a little more outside.

In this day and age with position-less football you do not know what diamonds in the rough a team has until they harness all the possibilities of player combinations and styles like what we found out when Griffiths was out injured in 2017 because it also relates to the ability of oppositions awareness and preparation to stop it or not as we saw in 2017

Maybe, he has to work on improvement in any case.

I can't help but see him further down just because there are now 2 more top end players on the list. That's it. He now has 2 more better players to compete for. So if he was 25th on the list he is now 27th. (or will be soon)

Agree that he hasn't been looked at anywhere else and also advocated half way through the year that a role on the wing might be a good idea as he has those attributes and it will give him another position. The GWS boys if it happens and if he stays will probably help that cause, so I half agree with you up to a point, but with that come two less positions for those trying to stake a claim, which can't really be a good thing for RCD.

As it happened with Ross, who seems to have transformed himself from a purely inside mid to a pretty good half forward (small sample but at least headed in the right direction). Stranger things have happened.

Maybe, he has to work on improvement in any case.

I can't help but see him further down just because there are now 2 more top end players on the list. That's it. He now has 2 more better players to compete for. So if he was 25th on the list he is now 27th. (or will be soon)

If Hopper and Taranto come the people at biggest risk to me are those questionable in the backline.

The backline will not be able to use the midfield as an excuse so if scores against do not drop some will be in trouble.

The other thing looking at the highlights Hopper needs to slim down to 2019, 2021 and 2022 body shape because he was too jacked for my liking in 2022.

Then players that are more inside are at greater risk like Ross possibly Graham etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back