Pre-Season Camps

Remove this Banner Ad

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi guys I'm just interested if anyone has ever done or conducted a pre-season camp before with their local club as a player or coach.

I’d love to hear where they were held?

What the weekend involved?

How it benefited the club or team?

Was there anything that didn't work out well for the camp ie. Cost or attendance?

And general stories involved with having a training camp or banter involved.

Cheers,

Apr 7, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
I have done many over the years and they are always beneficial in a lot of ways I feel, I have found the ones where we have camped on a property for a few days have been the best as it is very good for relationship building and bonding, the majority I have been involved with have run to a similar pattern in which we are grouped in to small teams and begin the camp with a tough mudder style fitness course with some team building exercises built in these usually go for about 3 hours to really test the endurance and will to work then we would break for lunch and generally after lunch we will go through the team booklet outlining game plans, team rules and expectations etc that usually takes up to 2 hours and once that has finished it is generally late afternoon by then and we will hook into some froffies maybe play some cricket or have a swim and bond over some cans, then the following morning after to much beer we will do a 3-5km run followed by a skills session to finish it off.

hope this helps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back