List Mgmt. #?: Pre-Season Draft - Selection #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to monitor what slips through for free.

Have more than enough cap space to be able to pounce on any player that is uncontracted and can’t complete a trade by Thursday

Jye Caldwell seems a genuine chance here
Saad an outside chance

Also if pies can’t move on Treloar etc then maybe JDG slips through with no cap space for him- however very unlikely

I think Collingwood will be given a fair bit of leeway if they can’t get under the cap. I can see any punishment being challenged using the fact that salary cap and numbers weren’t finalised

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's certainly shaping as possibly a decent year with the PSD.

There's ALOT of deals to fall in the next 3 days.

Quite a few clubs seem pissed off at each other also and may be willing to just make a statement.

I see little point in this discussion before Thursday.

Caldwell, Hately, Saad, Cameron, Brown - deals have a habit of just getting done.
Yeah likely

in which case Lachie young psd pick 2

Yeah likely

in which case Lachie young psd pick 2
don't think he falls to the PSD, If im not mistaken we simply pick him up as a DFA.

I think Collingwood will be given a fair bit of leeway if they can’t get under the cap. I can see any punishment being challenged using the fact that salary cap and numbers weren’t finalised

They would need to be under whatever the initial cap was before Covid, to get any leeway. The cap was never going up this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t go in dfa as he won’t be delisted so would qualify for psd

but ideally we get a better player in PSD
And acquire him with a late pick instead

I thought by knocking back the 3rd year rookie contract he automatically became DFA? I'm probably wrong. Cam Delaney was on our senior list, and we tried to rookie him so that went through to PSD where Geelong got ahead of us.

They would need to be under whatever the initial cap was before Covid, to get any leeway. The cap was never going up this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Logically you are spot on, but any punishment would be contested using some ignorance defence

I thought by knocking back the 3rd year rookie contract he automatically became DFA? I'm probably wrong. Cam Delaney was on our senior list, and we tried to rookie him so that went through to PSD where Geelong got ahead of us.
Mmmm, that doesn't seem correct, IIRC. I think Cam was on our primary list and we cut him with the intention of putting him back on this list as a rookie, but that could only be done via the rookie draft. Geelong then took him in the rookie draft before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm, that doesn't seem correct, IIRC. I think Cam was on our primary list and we cut him with the intention of putting him back on this list as a rookie, but that could only be done via the rookie draft. Geelong then took him in the rookie draft before us.
correct, thats what I said.....in the case of young he's on the rookie list and knocked back a 3rd year rookie contract. So the question is does he fall to the PSD or become a DFA??

Can’t go in dfa as he won’t be delisted so would qualify for psd

but ideally we get a better player in PSD
And acquire him with a late pick instead
He becomes a FA as soon as he knocked back the 3rd year rookie contract.

correct, thats what I said.....in the case of young he's on the rookie list and knocked back a 3rd year rookie contract. So the question is does he fall to the PSD or become a DFA??
I think we were going to take Cam through the rookie draft, not the PSD, but not to worry, it's a different situation anyway.

It seems to me, as others have stated, he should be a DFA based on the way the rule is written. But might need an AFL ruling on it.

Expectation= Jye Caldwell
Reality= J-Mac

He becomes a FA as soon as he knocked back the 3rd year rookie contract.

Just guessing, but I suspect this is the Bullflogs defence - they offered Young a rookie contract but did not submit his details on said form mentioned in section i.

Grubs.

Time to monitor what slips through for free.

Have more than enough cap space to be able to pounce on any player that is uncontracted and can’t complete a trade by Thursday

Jye Caldwell seems a genuine chance here
Saad an outside chance

Has there ever been a player who said he wants to get to a certain club but was then pounced on by another in the draft?

Has there ever been a player who said he wants to get to a certain club but was then pounced on by another in the draft?

Nick Stevens.

The time has come to bring the boy home.

lennon_ben.jpg

Luke, Aidan and Ben - the golden triumvirate.

Joycey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back