News Pre-season fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree rabbi a traditional 2.10pm time slot would be perfect IMHO, kids in the car at 10am picnic lunch on the lake at Dayleford and on to the game,home at 6.30pm a day out to remember.

I have never been to Dalesford to be honest. But it does look a pretty place just looking at the pics on the net. Is the lake natural?

I have never been to Dalesford to be honest. But it does look a pretty place just looking at the pics on the net. Is the lake natural?
Nah it's not, the ground where the lake is now was a great gold site initially. But of course as people began to build a proper town luxuries like lakes were sought after, similar to Lake Wendouree here in Ballarat which was initially just a swamp.

But Daylesford is great, get some chocolate from the mill, and if you really want to make a day of it head up to Bendigo via Maldon, lovely little town.

Nah it's not, the ground where the lake is now was a great gold site initially. But of course as people began to build a proper town luxuries like lakes were sought after, similar to Lake Wendouree here in Ballarat which was initially just a swamp.

But Daylesford is great, get some chocolate from the mill, and if you really want to make a day of it head up to Bendigo via Maldon, lovely little town.

Never been to Bendigo either but I have friends there. And I would love to have a few beers in the Shamrock. What a beautiful grand old pub.
Geelong does not have any old grand pubs since the Prince of Wales and the Victoria were demolished.
And they were demolished yonks ago.

You were able to hire little row boats on the lake last time I was there in the late 60s,dangerous place to swim though a mate and I nearly came to grief there pissing around three sheets to the wind showing off and trying to swim to shore it was full of weed that comes up out of nowhere only inches below the surface and tangles around your arms and legs.I've never forgot.

You were able to hire little row boats on the lake last time I was there in the late 60s,dangerous place to swim though a mate and I nearly came to grief there pissing around three sheets to the wind showing off and trying to swim to shore it was full of weed that comes up out of nowhere only inches below the surface and tangles around your arms and legs.I've never forgot.

Mate, there is no way I would be swimming in the lake. Besides, I would probably flood the town by jumping in the lake in my present condition.

Mate, there is no way I would be swimming in the lake. Besides, I would probably flood the town by jumping in the lake in my present condition.
Lol.

I fell in that in that lake once if it's the one on the caravan park.
Went to pull my lure out of a branch not even a metre off the bank and all of a sudden the water was over my head.
You can still hire canoes if it's the same lake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An you are allowed to fish in it?
Yeah. All year round. Is a family fishing lake. Preety sure you can't have an outboard but not totally sure.
Not a bad spot to camp. Up the back is best. Really big sights can have a fire and your dogs. Gets cold though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back