Pre-Season Friendlies 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many games he would get with Kane, Moura, Son and Lamella in front of him. Young players like to play and strikers like to score. Would be great experience to play first team against men most weeks and maybe be involved in a promotion run. I'm sure Kane could give some good advice on whether that was beneficial when he did it.
Not many, but that's only half of it.
KWP has spent 2 years in the squad barely playing, and when he has played has over 50% success rate in getting MOTM.
Skipp was in the squad last season and showed glimpses. A couple of days ago was arguably our best player against a more credentialed Juve midfield.

Parrott could learn a lot from being around Kane daily for a season, he may learn more there than a year in the 23's

Parrott is bloody good in FM.

If you've got him and Kane as your strikers for the next 10 years, you're well and truly set should he progress as expected.
Yeah, but so was Marcus Edwards. I'm hesitant to get too excited about any prospect after how that turned out.

In saying that, there's nowhere better for Parrott to be considering that if there is one striker with whom he is closest to in style, it's Harry Kane. You'd think he'd learn a lot training with him every day.

Matuidi isn’t cut out for Sarriball, please take him off our hands Monoco.

Not looking forward to this season the way it is going.. unless we get some transfers in. Not surprisingly we have scored a grand total of 1 goal in 3 games now - two games against what I would call significantly lesser competition. This was DCLs first game back but he was anonymous apart from running hard like usual and we still have not got Richarlison back. He will be a massive difference maker because Theo Walcott who has been back since the start of summer is absolutely bog average. Probably worse than that really. Defensively we look decent, Mina needs to improve though and we could do with some pressure on him. That and Keane just got injured (although it was only a whack to the face).

tl;dr - we need a striker and a CB

Parrot is looking ready for senior football this season. He is holding up the ball and winning aerial balls against a senior CB pairing of Smalling and Rojo. Alright they aren't the best but he just looks physically capable

Parrot is looking ready for senior football this season. He is holding up the ball and winning aerial balls against a senior CB pairing of Smalling and Rojo. Alright they aren't the best but he just looks physically capable
He’s ready for the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-2 with Sporting. Fernandes apparently ran the show for them. We didn't play that great on our US tour. Now back to Europe for a training camp and two more friendlies.

Community Shield looms not too far away either.

So there's a lot of virtiol directed at Sissoko from United fans on social media and the like, accusing him of deliberately stamping on James. I can't see it myself. It just looks like he gets tangled up and puts his foot down, unfortunately into James' midriff, and Sissoko is hardly the most graceful of people at the best of times. I'm aware though that could just be my bias. THoughts?

So there's a lot of virtiol directed at Sissoko from United fans on social media and the like, accusing him of deliberately stamping on James. I can't see it myself. It just looks like he gets tangled up and puts his foot down, unfortunately into James' midriff, and Sissoko is hardly the most graceful of people at the best of times. I'm aware though that could just be my bias. THoughts?

That's honestly difficult to tell either way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back