Pre-Season Friendlies 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Ange: Perth? Where do I know that name

1686081704918.png

Ange: Oh no.

simpsons-monorail.gif

How would you do it, a small round robin?
Europa winners Sevilla vs Conference winners West Ham in a semi, winner faces the CL winners in the Super Cup final.

Liverpools games so far.
19 July v Karlsruher
24 July v SpVgg Greuther Furth
30 July v Leicester (Singapore)
2 August v Bayern Munich (Singapore)

Assume we will have a few friendlies in England before R1 of the EPL on 12th August.

Shaping up quite nicely for the pre season. Last season was a shitshow with the shortened break due to Qatar 22 and half the team being injured.

I am. Haven't got anything sorted in any sense and we're flying half way across the world.

Oh yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic, it'd be a nightmare for them logistically, and without PL revenue it's probably pretty costly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The things people will tweet about. People dying all over the world but oh no, a football clubs supporters might get home a little bit late on a Sunday night.
Yet you'll sit here on a football forum, while people are dying all over the world, and whinge about a football related tweet.

For me it shows the absolute contempt with which football authorities hold football supporters. And if that isn't worth highlighting on twitter, or here with all the other s**t that's talked about I don't know what is.

I went to Leicester last year, but have never been to a community shield at Wembley. It shouldn't be there. But if it is, and if there is a northern team involved it shouldn't be kicking off at 5.30 on a Sunday evening.

Yet you'll sit here on a football forum, while people are dying all over the world, and whinge about a football related tweet.

For me it shows the absolute contempt with which football authorities hold football supporters. And if that isn't worth highlighting on twitter, or here with all the other s**t that's talked about I don't know what is.

I went to Leicester last year, but have never been to a community shield at Wembley. It shouldn't be there. But if it is, and if there is a northern team involved it shouldn't be kicking off at 5.30 on a Sunday evening.
They hold local supporters in contempt. Having it at 5:30 means they get more TV eyeballs

Well done to the blues that campaigned on this, and I guess a belated well done to the FA for finally seeing a little bit (but only a little bit) of sense on the issue.

I do like the statement that the decision to bring the kickoff forward was made with due consideration to travel issues faced by City supporters.

Maybe in future that consideration should be made before making the shitty decision in the first place.

Last edited:
Hull City were down 3-1 against Galatasaray in the 82nd minute and scored 3 goals in 4 minutes to win 4-3.

Biggest ever comeback in Istanbul I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back