Game Day Pre season game 1 vs Collingwood - 1st March 2020 @ Norm Minns Oval, Wangaratta

Remove this Banner Ad

HAHAHAHAH fu** up you moron. We constantly live rent free in your tiny minds. You must be f’ed in the head if you think Collingwood can’t make the 8 this year 😂 would you like some chips with your salt? Winners. And no, I’m not celebrating like it’s a grand final (like you all assume we do). Worst supporters in the league!
Pies rent free in our heads yet you're the one coming to OUR board reading what we're saying about your club.

HAHAHAHAH fu** up you moron. We constantly live rent free in your tiny minds. You must be f’ed in the head if you think Collingwood can’t make the 8 this year 😂 would you like some chips with your salt? Winners. And no, I’m not celebrating like it’s a grand final (like you all assume we do). Worst supporters in the league!

do you run that jordan "snowy" de goey twitter account by any chance

Plenty of positives to take from the game. No injuries. A couple of positional things tried. Got another game into some young 'uns. Not bad for a practice match between depth squads.

Can you say the same? Make the most of your posts, brother. When you act like that, this account won't be on BF for long.

do you run that jordan "snowy" de goey twitter account by any chance

Looks like it I reckon. The number #1 saltiest Pies fan going around.

Not sure how they’re rent free in our heads, I’m not particularly envious of a preliminaryship.

Meanwhile, I’ve got 2 grand final highlights packages I can wank over. Life if fu**ing glorious.

Not saying that, just more that when somebody is an athletic beast but not a naturally intelligent footballer you just have to be a bit more patient.
It’s almost like they have to learn to play within their athletic capabilities and use their nous a bit more.
Is he an athletic beast though?
Blew up a few times again yesterday.
There must be a reason why he landed at us with pick 25ish?
Maybe his football IQ?
Tank capacity?
Your right though.
Patience is needed.

I don't know if Dwayno was talking about this summer because Pickett is contracted with us for 2020 and you can't offer players anything over summer unless they are free to take via the SPP, i reckon he was talking about 2018/19 summer the clown.

Only way Pickett could be offered anything is via a trade in the October trade period.
Yeah.Dunno what he was going on about.(nothing new).

Richmond are a better team now and dont have 5 years to wait for Short to come good.

* Stack and Balta seem to be groomed for the backline,
* Edwards looks amazing behind the ball,
* Broad on the wing wont work -
* Houli himself is a roadblock to Short -
* Baker is in ripping form -
* guys like Ross, Graham take away spots even if its a different position
* the RanceGOAT sounds like he will take his rightful place in the back 6 soon. etc.

I like Short and dont agree with making him the new whipping boy like some others however it looks tough to find a spot as the season goes on and finals once again come around. Great guy to have on the list however. Young blokes who are capable of being no.1 meters gained dont grow on trees.

cant play 26/28 sadly

Short has got and will get plenty of senior opportunities because the coaching staff rightly value kicking penetration as a key weapon.

I fully realise that the concept of the ball going longer and faster into attack being pure football gold is a difficult one for a puzzling number of people to comprehend, but rest assured the coaching staff get it. Elite kicking is a precious commodity and there's plenty of drafts where there's less available than any other elite skill.

Short is the best kick we've had in a very long time, we know he's elite and the coaching staff have made it pretty clear IMO, that they intend to make full use of it.

I'm 100% onboard with that and backing that he'll be a mainstay of future sides if his body holds up. He might play some VFL to work on some issues now and again over the next couple of years, but his long term future is very secure IMO.

Click on Matches down the bottom of the screen then go to the match centre for the game

View attachment 832236
Thanks heaps; but that is what I did 1st. From there I click on Match report and get the following (on the App as well on the site): Player Stats coming soon.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    178.4 KB · Views: 34
Thanks heaps; but that is what I did 1st. From there I click on Match report and get the following (on the App as well on the site): Player Stats coming soon.
OK I have just discovered what I was doing wrong. It works when I just click on the main part and not the match report button.. Thanks for your hrlp, much appreciated.

Short has got and will get plenty of senior opportunities because the coaching staff rightly value kicking penetration as a key weapon.

I fully realise that the concept of the ball going longer and faster into attack being pure football gold is a difficult one for a puzzling number of people to comprehend, but rest assured the coaching staff get it. Elite kicking is a precious commodity and there's plenty of drafts where there's less available than any other elite skill.

Short is the best kick we've had in a very long time, we know he's elite and the coaching staff have made it pretty clear IMO, that they intend to make full use of it.

I'm 100% onboard with that and backing that he'll be a mainstay of future sides if his body holds up. He might play some VFL to work on some issues now and again over the next couple of years, but his long term future is very secure IMO.
I think I love you a little bit.

Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does not do something that many of our players do - bomb inside 50. His low but penetrating kicks are fantastic for us. That alone makes me see his worth in our side.

Hmm he didn’t do much to raise my eyebrow , expected way more , soldo was crap mind you but that’s by the by. Cholly clunked a couple a nice ones and his work as a follower previous was better than anything CCJ showed ,, heck it was one game ,,,would like to see him again
You may need these.🤓

Dimma impressed by Dow. Praise for the lad.
They will try and test Balta, RCD, in various positions, forwards, defence.
They give them, more or less, four or five years in the system.
And if they fail to perform after that they're gonski.
That's footy.
RCD should only get 3 on current form.
Balta.Tend to agree.But will have to know soon if defence is his cup Of tea.

We don't agree very often Ray, but on Short I'm in full agreement. Played 70 odd games already and is really starting to understand the finer points of playing the rebounding defender role in that he knows when to gamble and take off and when to hang back and ensure he is in the spot he is supposed to be to keep the defensive structure in place. Not the best 1-1 defender, but our system doesn't really rely on 1-1 defenders with the exception of Grimes(dangerous small/medium forward) & Astbury(KPF). The majority of the time it is the group effort to ensure that clean entry into the opposition F50 so that we can get numbers to the fall of the ball.

In yesterdays game he gained well over 500m along with Baker gaining over 600m, that becomes a very dangerous counter attacking weapon in our game plan of get it forward quickly.

One has 2 🏆🏆
Other 🥄🥄
Bad decision going to the Blues from GWS. Still, too many injuries to be responsible for the spoons and, by those standards anyway, Broad would be better than Cripps!

Which I doubt. As much as I like Broady.

The more salient difference between Marchbank and Broad is that Marchbank cost GWS pick 6 while Broad cost pick 67.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back