Game Day Pre season game 1 vs Collingwood - 1st March 2020 @ Norm Minns Oval, Wangaratta

Remove this Banner Ad

how does the egg molestor not even make the nab cup side, he looked alright last year i reckon
Found that a little unusual too but no doubt they’d have their reasons. Maybe he gets his opportunity preseason game 2. Just shows the depth -6 missing from last night and a couple of injuries and egg (who showed a bit in the AFL and was in our top 4 or 5 in the VFL GF) can’t get s gig

Come up for the game, so I went to have a look at training.

Nice easy run around, with some handball drills and full ground practice.

Two things that I noticed,

1. Lambert didn't do any of the handball drills or full ground work. No running, just some short kicks to the players that were involved in full ground drill.

2. Stack was front and centre in the handball drill, no full ground running. When full ground was going on, Stack snapping at goal.

Otherwise, not much more to report, other than RDC, Ross and Naish were moving beautifully.

It will surely be better than the Sydney snoozefest on now.

Pre-season games are largely a form guide if they reinforce what is already known. And well we knew that GWS is good and the other mob aren't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be interesting if much is shown in the game or will both teams play their cards close??

Collingwood are favourites going into this match. 1.65 to 2.20.

I guess it makes sense with who we have out, but they also have a few out.

It'll be interesting if much is shown in the game or will both teams play their cards close??

With so many players missing (SOO duties), it is impossible to read too much in to the performance/ result

Collingwood are favourites going into this match. 1.65 to 2.20.

I guess it makes sense with who we have out, but they also have a few out.
They're both solid line-ups even with the 2nd tiers playing in place of the stars. Both teams capable of belting Carlton.
I'm glad we don't see super young teams thrown into pre-season games anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back