F536FBFC-F66D-42A4-AED0-88182934F911.jpeg

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
An underrated part of this game was the fact we had 13 fewer I50s but 6 more scoring shots than Port. While that also says we might have lost the midfield battle more times than we won it, it's an impressive conversion rate and shows the ball is getting locked in and we're getting looks.

The scariest/ most awesome thing to me is Fyfe still doesnt have his old touch yet. Give him a month and he's going to be unstoppable
Yep. He’ll either get a good speedy defender and outmark & outmuscle him, get a big KPD and will run him around or get lesser defender and run absolutely amok.

Eski3

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
The scariest/ most awesome thing to me is Fyfe still doesnt have his old touch yet. Give him a month and he's going to be unstoppable

Moving a fit Fyfe forward full time is such a genius move. Clubs will need to send an athletic tall to cover him. Jonas was actually quite a good matchup, but it left Port very exposed at the back and even then Fyfe still got off the leash. There aren't really any third talls athletic enough to go with him, or many talls in general for that matter. He will need to take the athletic CHB which will create massive holes in the backline. Will make our forwardline very dangerous. The forward he probably most resembles when he's up and going is Charlie Curnow

As a side note there is a very strong chance that Fyfe will match up on Logue in round 2

Moving a fit Fyfe forward full time is such a genius move. Clubs will need to send an athletic tall to cover him. Jonas was actually quite a good matchup, but it left Port very exposed at the back and even then Fyfe still got off the leash. There aren't really any third talls athletic enough to go with him, or many talls in general for that matter. He will need to take the athletic CHB which will create massive holes in the backline. Will make our forwardline very dangerous. The forward he probably most resembles when he's up and going is Charlie Curnow

As a side note there is a very strong chance that Fyfe will match up on Logue in round 2
Haha I'm not sure I'll call it genius because a lot of us BF plebs were calling for it but it's definitely the right move. I think all you needed to see last year to know how much a difference Fyfe could make was that Logue, a dude who has approximately zero forward nous, made a massive difference playing forward just by being an athletic "medium" sized tall who can compete with talls aerially and smalls on the ground. We've just swapped the athletic KPD with the generational mid who has actual forward ability. Cant wait to see how big a year he has

Eski3

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
Haha I'm not sure I'll call it genius because a lot of us BF plebs were calling for it but it's definitely the right move. I think all you needed to see last year to know how much a difference Fyfe could make was that Logue, a dude who has approximately zero forward nous, made a massive difference playing forward just by being an athletic "medium" sized tall who can compete with talls aerially and smalls on the ground. We've just swapped the athletic KPD with the generational mid who has actual forward ability. Cant wait to see how big a year he has

TBH I think Will Brodie exceeding our expectations allowed us the flexibility to do the move, so we couldn't really do it until this year anyway. Bit hard to move Fyfe forward permanently and have him train as a forward full time without being sure he wouldn't need to swing into the middle. If Gold Coast hadn't given us a physical 23 year old inside bull for free we'd still be trying to work Fyfe into the midfield

Big Flappy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My only pause is the three goals he kicked were pretty arsey checksides. If he went 1 goal 3 behinds instead we might be reacting differently.

I really hope the first game against the saints he flushes a few set shot goals. If he misses a early then the media will be all over it and that could be a real problem for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only pause is the three goals he kicked were pretty arsey checksides. If he went 1 goal 3 behinds instead we might be reacting differently.

I really hope the first game against the saints he flushes a few set shot goals. If he misses a early then the media will be all over it and that could be a real problem for us.
One checkside is arsy, 3 is talent

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Happy Soul Men GIF by Laff

Surprised No Way GIF by Laff
Pee Wee Herman Wow GIF

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle

A goal is a goal regardless. The thing is he got the ball plenty of times.ave two away to Tabs.
Who cares if he kicks five off his shins, they all count on the score board.
Fyfe playing the forward line like a mid is going to give plenty of head aches to plent of clubs.
Someone to out mark him!!!!! I would like to see that.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Fyfe could have had 5 goals yesty. Kicked a set shot late for a point and the kick to Tabs he had enough time and space to measure it and kick it too, but did the unselfish team thing.

He's building. He's building REALLY nicely. Last time he played the Saints he kicked 3 and was probably his best game last year when his form was sketchy and he was coming off these "mental demons" he's opened up about. Hopefully injuries are behind him for the here and now.

He looks like he has overcome that depressive state, has more clarity....more game awareness again. Shades of Nat Fyfe 2014 when he wrestled the ball off Lycett and don't argued someone to kick his 3rd. Plus causing headaches to get the ball and dish off to Tabs for easy goals. Noice!

Again, with respect - I know it's only pre-season but it does feel like a fit and firing Fyfe is about ready to be unleashed and it could make a big difference to the forward line. I guess, in soon enough time....we'll see

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
I'm not sure if it's a good or bad sign but the option to click on the replay has been removed. The cynic in me says the whole replay is busted and we'll never see it again, the optimist says they're fixing it
Are we talking about the Kayo debacle?
If so does anyone really think the Murdoch Fox Footy really give a sheeit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back